Can't make pages in the Coppermind?

Young Bard

Apparently I can't make pages on the Coppermind. I don't know whether a restriction has been placed deliberately on accounts, or whether there's some sort of permission error, but I thought it would be good to bring it to the attention of the admins. For reference, I was going to create a page on the Edgedancer Novella.

8 hours ago, Windrunner said:

I think that was in response to the heavy spam problem we have be dealing with lately, there's some conditions set on who can and can't make pages. @Joe ST should know more. That is definitely a page that needs to exist though.

Could you maybe create a setting where editors who have been shown to be genuine are given those rights? I seem to recall Wikipedia having a setting where you needed to have an account four days old and have made at least ten edits before being given more access. Is that's something that's possible?

That's why I tagged Joe. As far as I know, editors with a certain number of edits and after a couple hours of membership can make pages. I'm a content guy, all the actual site programming and settings are Joe and Eric's thing. I'll try to get it figured out.

• 1 month later...

An update on this: I eventually found that apparently my e-mail on the Coppermind was unconfirmed (which I thought I had confirmed, but maybe I forgot when I first registered...) So, I try to confirm my e-mail, and apparently I don't have the authority to confirm my own e-mail. Which makes no sense whatsoever.

9 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

An update on this: I eventually found that apparently my e-mail on the Coppermind was unconfirmed (which I thought I had confirmed, but maybe I forgot when I first registered...) So, I try to confirm my e-mail, and apparently I don't have the authority to confirm my own e-mail. Which makes no sense whatsoever.

Things should be fixed now.