Magic Mixing

Rich2244

5 hours ago, hwiles said:

I'd be kind of surprised if Awakening doesn't start getting used on an industrial scale soon.  In terms of raw industrial potential, awakening is pretty unmatched by other magic systems; enough Lifeless running on Giant hamster wheels could power the world (although, an Awakened turbine could, in theory, just spin itself...).  A Lord Ruler type tyrant with the infrastructure and influence to "tax" people of their Breath, or otherwise compel its citizens to relinquish their Breath could seriously accomplish some crazy feats.  Sure, everyone would be more susceptible to sickness and depression, but that's a small price to pay for an undead army of super-soldiers, factory workers, and farmers to go with your limitless supply of electricity.

There is a WoB that there is a country which Awakens siege weapons (or maybe it's in annotations); I'm not sure whether they Awaken turbines, but another WoB says that over time Breaths would start to degenerate - but I think it would still be cost-effective.

• Chaos locked this topic