Long Game 23: The Siege of Luthadel

Renegade

Night 4: Mob’s Rules

Each day, the noise on the streets in and around Luthadel quieted more and more -- a frightening reminder that more people died with every passing day, and that those alive were fearing more for their own lives than the common good.

An angry mob assembled in Ahlstrom Square, raucous and violent.

“There are traitors amongst us!” one woman shouted.  “We must find them and tear them apart!”

“I want justice!  I want retribution!  I want… uh, violence!”

“ANARCHY!” one man shouted, laughing at the ashen sky in madness.

“People, please!” Vela spoke, standing atop a podium in the center of the riotous crowd.  “We are an angry mob, but that doesn’t mean we can’t try to find and kill people in a civilized manner!  Please, be patient!”

“But is that not the point of an angry mob?” someone pointed out.  “Are we not to be angry?”

“YEAH, ANGER!” the mob shouted.

“Are we not to repeat what some random person says?”

“YEAH, REPETITION!” the mob repeated in glee.

“Are we not to ignore what other people tell us to do?”

“YEAH, IGNORANCE!”

“But hold on,” a young man noted.  “Isn’t Vela trying to tell us all what to do?”

“YEAH!” the mob repeated.

Vela’s eyes widened.  “Wait, what?”

“Doesn’t is seem like she’s trying to control us?”

“YEAH!”

“Then that means she’s a SPIKED!”

“YEAH, A TRAITOR!”

“Then let’s get ‘er!”

“YEAH!”

“Wait, stop!” Vela shouted in protest, but she could not stop the flow of the giant mob that had formed.  “I am a loyal member of House Cett!  I have done nothing wrong!  Listen to reason!”

- - - - -

Vela (Burnt Spaghetti) was lynched!  She was an unspiked non-Allomancer from the Cett faction!

Vote Tally

Burnt Spaghetti (7): Elbereth, Mailliw73, Alvron, The Young Bard, Arraenae, dowanx, Sart

Alvron (5): Straw, Nyali, Burnt Spaghetti, TheSilverDragon, Bugsy6912

Nyali (2): The Only Joe, zas678

Conquestor (1): Araris Valerian

Night 4 begins now and will end in 47 hours.  Good luck!

:( Straw, if you wanted to post what you did at the very end, you had 24 hours to do it. I thought we decided we weren't going to unless the other factions did the same. Why would you do it one minute before rollover?

Quick links:

Player list:

1. Jonly (The Only Joe)
2. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Penrod Non allomancer (via Lynch)
3. Sandhya (Elbereth)
4. Silk (Amanuensis) Venture Rioter (via Lynch)
5. Rima (Mailliw73)
6. Olvar (Alvron)
7. Ranel (The Young Bard)
8. Guilty (Master Elodin)
9. MottelMusgreave (Mckeedee123)
10. Ri (Arraenae)
11. Straw (Straw)
12. Kelron (cloudjumper)
13. Kipper (Kipper)  Rioter (via coinshot)
14. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)
15. Zas (zas678)
16. Shara (Nyali)
17. Vela (Burnt Spaghetti) Cett non allomancer (via lynch)
18. Jaena (jaimeleecee) Non Allomancer   (via coinshot)
19. Dominic (dowanx)
20. CennCelverclogs Stimbers (TheSilverDragon)
21. Sart Tram (Sart)
22. Ganon (TheMightyLopen) Seeker (via coinshot)
23. Stink (STINK) Non Allomancer (via Koloss)
24. Louik (Bugsy6912)
25. Skydall (Paranoid King) Penrod Thug (via lynch)
26. ExisaErikell (phattemer)
27. Parth Resnuren (Conquestor)

Edited by Nyali

Maybe he wanted to get the information out, but in a way that made sure the lynch couldn't swing onto that person.

I'm not particularily suspicious of anybody in my faction. That has more to do with the fact that I'm communicating in a doc than the actual substance of what my factionmates are saying, though. I'm quite sure someone in my faction is Spiked, but the only suspicion I have is based off of who I would convert if I was an Inquisitor. Since I am a different person than the Inquisitor and probably would want a different team than who they have, those suspicions aren't very strong.

On another note, I'm disappointed with everybody here. After so much death, we still have not killed a Spiked. This is due to either the inguenity of the Spiked, or a lack of inguenity of the village. Judging from the pervious cycles, it's the latter option.

33 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

A few of the people in my doc have been talking, and we'd like to revisit the idea of posting faction lists. At this point we can assume the spiked are winning, and know all of the faction lists. I'm willing to post my faction list if others agree to do the same afterwards.

Speaking for myself here, not for the faction, I can say I would be OK with this. I'm bringing it up in the doc now.

12 hours ago, zas678 said:

If three do, then the last one does as well, by default.

Unless one or more factions leave a member off their team to make them look weaker than they are.

The girl sighed. “So. Tell me the name of the man who died, and then maybe we can do business.”

“His name was Edgar Duran. A smoker, or a family member of one,” Ri said. She watched the girl's face and tried not to play with her dress or do anything else to betray her anxiety. Hopefully she hadn't messed up irreparably. Everything she did here would reflect on House Tellé's reputation, good or bad. She didn't want to be the one to stain her House's reliability. What sort of an informant was she, if she couldn't distinguish between a lovesick fool and a woman in mourning?

Quicklinks have been added to the second post int his thread, if anyone's interested. Rollover happens right after Shallan's bedtime, so I'm almost always on then, so I figured I might as well take it up for now.

The problem with releasing faction lists is this: how do they help us find the Spiked? I know faction lists are information that the Spiked have that we don't. That still does not mean the information is automatically helpful.

I suppose we could use faction lists to see voting irregularities among players, but there's little way to distinguish between a player voting weirdly for their faction, a player voting weirdly to mess up people's notes, and a player voting weirdly because they are Spiked.

Besides, I don't like the idea of giving out faction lists when there are coinshots running rampant. At this point of infiltration, it's unlikely that a coinshot will hit a Spiked, because either they are Spiked or their teammates are. The Spiked can always present a jucier, non-Spiked target if a coinshot decides to kill someone who is Spiked. Having a faction list will widen the number of juicy non-Spiked targets. Why hit Player A, who has been acting a bit weirdly, when you could hit Player B, who is a brilliant player and in the faction you've decided to focus down into oblivion? Or why not hit Player C, who you're sure isn't Spiked but is part of a faction calling for your death? Or Player D? Or E?

It's easier to catch the Spiked by seeing shifts in behavior and a feeling of held-back knowledge. We can't get that from a faction list. The only information we'd get from a faction list is who we can slaughter so the Spiked don't have to.

11 hours ago, Bugsy6912 said:

In case none of you realized, my vote was changed last cycle. I'm guessing Cett has some kind of vote manipulation 

Um, no it didn't.  You voted for me here.  And it's recorded in the tally as you voting for me so it's right where you put it.

3 hours ago, Arraenae said:

@Alvron, how active has @Conquestor been lately?

N0 he claimed a colour in Doc.
N4 he has, so far, posted two short paragraphs.
That's it as far as I can tell.

17 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Um, no it didn't.  You voted for me here.  And it's recorded in the tally as you voting for me so it's right where you put it.

N0 he claimed a colour in Doc.
N4 he has, so far, posted two short paragraphs.
That's it as far as I can tell.

Two short paragraphs in the doc, you mean?