Long Game 23: The Siege of Luthadel

Renegade

Well, well, well. You wanted to lynch Amanuensis for his reputation. Now you have another unspiked, dead body, and the Cetts still have a near-complete team with a battalion of koloss. 

Of course, if we attacked Cett to even out their numbers...

But who am I kidding? We'd never be able to coordinate that, and you're certainly not going to do something that a Venture suggests. I suppose this is the point where we place bets on whether the Spiked or House Cett will win.

And now for the RP I've been neglecting.

The girl stormed outside in a huff.

Ri stared at the retreating figure, frozen with shock. She'd been so sure... What had she done wrong? Was the price too high? Was the information Ri had offered not what the girl wanted?

The girl had mentioned something about a grave. Ri still might be able to get a few boxings if she played this right. She went outside, after the girl.

"Sorry for what happened earlier," Ri said. "I can make it up to you. Five boxings, and I'll tell you everything you want to know about him."

3 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Well, well, well. You wanted to lynch Amanuensis for his reputation. Now you have another unspiked, dead body, and the Cetts still have a near-complete team with a battalion of koloss. 

Of course, if we attacked Cett to even out their numbers...

But who am I kidding? We'd never be able to coordinate that, and you're certainly not going to do something that a Venture suggests. I suppose this is the point where we place bets on whether the Spiked or House Cett will win.

Probably a good idea from your point of view. Though that also weakens all your armies at the same time...

Honestly, my money is on the Spiked. It's pretty much guaranteed that there's one of them in our faction and they are very likely to be subtly manipulating us into doing what they want... And people are likely too unwilling to point out the suspicious natures of their own teammates in thread. We want the spiked dead but don't want to risk losing our faction numbers...

Kelron scowled. There were too many Cetts! They needed to take them down. Even though they had lost a member the previous day, they still had only lost one member total, which is less than all of the respectable factions had. Kelron longed to console the Ventures, who were no doubt in mourning for their lost sister. However, he needed to go. He had a business appointment to make. Kelron grabbed his foppish Dula hat and traveled to the greatest city in Opelon.

I'm sorry, but I find it rather funny how much people are saying that 1) We are ignoring the Spiked, and 2) We are unwilling to vote for our teammates.

Guys, there have been 3 lynches this game, for the Lord Ruler's sake. Day 1 was somewhat undirected, as usual. Day 2 we had a claimed seeker claim to have scanned a Spiked, so people voted there, rather than sticking with faction votes. Day 3 we made sure that things like what Aman did are discouraged. Every cycle the lynch has been pretty similar to a normal, no faction SE game. Sure, the discussion has been different, but that makes sense because there is no distinguishable eliminator kill. But the end results of our lynches so far haven't been that far off.

At this point, with 4 spiked players, there are basically 5 factions of roughly equal size. Some of the more vocal players have been eliminated, but that just means the rest of us can take control for a change. I personally am having a lot of fun with the game and the way everyone has been playing it, and strongly disagree with all the people who are claiming the spiked are going to win to stop their own faction from getting lynched.

Looking at the members of my faction, Burnt is the most suspicious. She talks about framing me, killing me, and attempting to get me lynched. At the bottom of the doc she had written not spiked beside my name. Very suspicious behavior.

Oh so you are  paying attention. Good to know. Good. To. know. Note that all i said about you happened after you almost got me lynched. I was tired and very grumpy. I have been willing to let you be for not participating in doc cause you claimed computer problems but then you went and claimed in thread, putting not only yourself up for a lynch target, but a teammate as well. That's the sort of thing we would have liked you to tell us that you would do before hand. And for the record, you obviously have got the colours wrong cause I ain't ever said you aren't spiked. I didn't write that. The person who owns that colour did.  And anyway, why is thinking you're not spiked suspicious? Are you saying that you are spiked and that maybe i should put you as 'likely spiked'?

3 minutes ago, Straw said:

Looking at the members of my faction, Burnt is the most suspicious. She talks about framing me, killing me, and attempting to get me lynched. At the bottom of the doc she had written not spiked beside my name. Very suspicious behavior.

Well, you DID just try to kill her last night by outing her as Cett by outing yourself as Cett right after people said they wanted to lynch a Cett... Sure, people could have gone after you, but there was at least a 50% chance we'd go for the other person you confirmed as Cett :P Her reactions make sense to me! And yeah, if you're as inactive in the doc as Burnt has said you are, I can see why they wouldn't think you were spiked. I don't think any of that is particularly suspicious, but I'm starting to wonder about you if you are reading their doc but not posting and apparently claiming you aren't, and then exposing yourself in a way that put the heat on another faction member... Hmm.

Also, sorry for not being on last night - after work, I went right to a friend's birthday party and didn't have a chance to log in from there. (I thought I'd be able to log in from the car, but hadn't realized my wife wanted me to drive despite her picking me up.) Apparently, the vote shifted rather dramatically while I was at the party. Sorry I wasn't around to consider moving my vote... but, well, to be frank, we did really want Aman dead for what he pulled, so it's hardly a loss from my standpoint. :P Yes, it would have been much better to get a Spiked, but my notes have Burnt as just as unlikely to have been spiked as Aman...

I really haven’t posted as much as I’d like, so I’ll post what will hopefully be a much more detailed post now.

So, the Spiked should have a member in every house by now, unless they decided to double up in a single house for whatever reason. That means that they are the only ones who will know everything that's going on, including things like ambushes, incoming koloss attacks, and so on.

If anyone has suddenly developed a crazy intuition for anything, then they are probably Spiked. If anyone seemed to guess something on little or no evidence (especially if they're not known for doing it), then they're probably Spiked. Lekal, if any of you guessed that someone might attack you, then they might be Spiked (they had as much of a chance of getting killed as you did) None of you want to sell out your members to the thread, in case you get it wrong. I understand that. But, keep your eye out, and analyse them in your respective docs. And then, try and work out when they might have been Spiked. If they were like that the whole time, they might be the Inquisitor, in which case, you should report them to the thread, as he probably has a Spike or two left, and we don't want them to use it.

I feel like I should give out a name at this point. The truth is, I genuinely don't have any strong distrusts. Joe's been posting very little, but he's an excellent SE player, and the truth is that if he were Spiked or the Inquisitor I probably wouldn't be able to notice it.  Bugsy, apart from those codes, right at the beginning, and quickly to vote, and a meta post about Aman's bid to save himself hasn't really said much. For some reason, I'm getting a strange vibe off him, but it's a very mild gut read, and I can't really place it. It's like he's trying to appear active without saying anything. But it's not enough to go on. (I had the same feeling Day 1, if you're interested. So it's got nothing to do with the Aman fiasco.) At this point, if I had to, I might go for Bugsy, but I'm far from certain. Plus, there's the faction game to consider, and Cett is leading strongly in that, so I'd probably go for Straw or Burnt. Maybe Maill, too, seeing as Lekal has also only lost a player.

10 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

Bugsy, apart from those codes, right at the beginning, and quickly to vote, and a meta post about Aman's bid to save himself hasn't really said much... It's like he's trying to appear active without saying anything. 

IRL RN, I'm at a family reunion and can't really check on as often as I'd like. I'm also doing cross country summer conditioning and volunteering as a counselor at a day camp for 3rd-7th graders where I'm not allowed on my phone. Basically, I've been in a pretty hectic spot and I've been posting mainly for boxings. Hopefully that helps explain my lurkish behavior :) 

Edited by Bugsy6912
Accidentally rude ending

15 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

IRL RN, I'm at a family reunion and can't really check on as often as I'd like. I'm also doing cross country summer conditioning and volunteering as a counselor at a day camp for 3rd-7th graders where I'm not allowed on my phone. Basically, I've been in a pretty hectic spot and I've been posting mainly for boxings. That help explain my lurkish behavior?

That's fine. Don't worry about it. And it really is a mild suspicion (I'd say around a 45-47 out of 100, 0 being a confirmed eliminator, 100 being confirmed villager). With those numbers, I'll be more concerned about the faction game at this point.

I think that Penrod and Venture may be being manipulated by the spiked because of their alliance against Cett. Cett has not attacked anyone with our koloss. Venture, however has been described as a "house of lies and murder".

Edited by Straw

On 7/10/2016 at 1:24 PM, TheSilverDragon said:

Hmm, game relevant post for boxings.

So right now there's four spiked, meaning all factions are compromised, unless there's a rubble spiking in one faction...

Rubble spiking as in dead?

8 hours ago, Straw said:

I think that Penrod and Venture may be being manipulated by the spiked because of their alliance against Cett. Cett has not attacked anyone with our koloss. Venture, however has been described as a "house of lies and murder".

To the best of my knowledge there is no alliance between Penrod and Venture.  The fact that you haven't attacked anyone is interesting.  You saving up your Koloss to attack all three factions at once?

Sorry for my inactivity, for those of you playing MR15 you already know the deal :P

Needless to say I am disappointed by the results of the lynch, I feel like our arguments to lynch Burnt instead were pretty reasonable to all but Cett.  I didn't expect any of them to go for her, and I imagined that Penrod would still be bitter but given their vulnerability I also thought they would understand the importance of not allowing Cett to remain so much stronger than them.  That being said, I am more suspicious of Burnt, because now I feel like she was protected from the lynch, continuing to target Aman is a perfect cover for not wanting to lynch one of your fellow spikes, isn't it? B)

8 hours ago, Straw said:

Seriously though? What alliance? I'm pretty sure no one in Penrod voted for anyone other than Aman and I am also pretty sure they hate us because of the Orlok lynch.. so where on earth are you getting an alliance from? 

Day 4: Besieged

The nights were always so terrible, so full of death.  One did not even need to look over the city walls to hear the sounds of great pain and suffering.  And for a while, the factions ceased much of their infighting and focused on us.

Jaena rubbed her eyes.  This war business was not meant for someone like her, who had only entered this fight to elevate her status.  She had no Allomancy to call her own; the mists always seemed so cold and dangerous during these nights.  They could easily be hiding an assassin, or even a horde of those ghastly koloss.  Terrifying.

The four factions had begun the brunt of their assaults, waves of men -- and koloss -- rushing to the walls of Luthadel, many of which only to get cut down by the archers on the walls far above.  The men and women still in the encampment rushed around, readying siege weapons or getting bandages ready for the wounded.  The night was in a flurry of activity.

Jaena had nothing to do, of course.  She was simply her faction’s chosen spokesperson during the day, a proxy so that others wouldn’t get hurt.  That fact made her tread the grounds with care.  Right now, she just had to find some sleep with all of this frantic movement whirling about her.

She snuck into her tent, struggling to light the lamp inside.  When she did, she discovered that someone else was already in the tent.  “You!” she shrieked.

“Shh,” the other figure whispered, producing a coin from their pocket and shooting it into Jaena’s face.  The figure looked about furtively, then left the camp and shot into the misty night sky.

- - - - -

The Steel Inquisitor shifted in their bed, the relentless sounds from the siege disturbing them.  Your job’s not done yet, the voice of Ruin suddenly whispered in the Steel Inquisitor’s ear.  The Inquisitor rolled their eyes, slowly arose from their rest, and limped off to find Ruin’s next target.

- - - - -

Jaena (jaimeleecee) was coinshot!  She was an unspiked non-Allomancer.

Someone was spiked!

Day 4 begins now and will end in 47 hours.  Good luck!

Quick links:

Player list:

1. Jonly (The Only Joe)
2. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Penrod Non allomancer (via Lynch)
3. Sandhya (Elbereth)
4. Silk (Amanuensis) Venture Rioter (via Lynch)
5. Rima (Mailliw73)
6. Olvar (Alvron)
7. Ranel(The Young Bard)
8. Guilty (Master Elodin)
9. MottelMusgreave (Mckeedee123)
10. Ri (Arraenae)
11. Straw (Straw)
12. Kelron (cloudjumper)
13. Kipper (Kipper)  Rioter (via coinshot)
14. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)
15. Zas (zas678)
16. Shara (Nyali)
17. Vela (Burnt Spaghetti)
18. Jaena (jaimeleecee) nonallomancer   (via coinshot)
19. Dominic (dowanx)
20. CennCelverclogs Stimbers (TheSilverDragon)
21. Sart Tram (Sart)
22. Ganon (TheMightyLopen) Seeker (via coinshot)
23. Stink (STINK) Non allomancer(via Koloss)
24. Louik(Bugsy6912)
25. Skydall (Paranoid King) Penrod Thug (via lynch)
26. ExisaErikell (phattemer)
27. Parth Resnuren (Conquestor)

pur_1468371600.png

And.... now there's certainly a faction with 2 spiked D:

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti
Noticed the countdown was in a spoiler