2.5k+ pages < 1 week

EmeraldSlash

I read the following books in under a week:

• Elantris
  • Warbreaker
  • Mistborn Trilogy (1-3)

Plus I've also read:

• The Stormlight Archive Books 1-2
  • Mistborn 19th century (dont have a better name) books 1-2 (still reading series)

I also like programming, GFX and stuff. Brandon is a great author.

I still don't have an avatar, I'm lazy.

Edited by EmeraldSlash

That is amazing!!! I can't believe anyone can read that fast....I used to be a lot quicker when I was younger, but after a bit of a reading drought around my first year of college I got a lot slower...I'm nothing like I used to be! Any tips?? How do you DO it??? :OOO

4 hours ago, EmeraldSlash said:

I read the following books in under a week:

• Elantris
  • Warbreaker
  • Mistborn Trilogy (1-3)

Plus I've also read:

• The Stormlight Archive Books 1-2
  • Mistborn 19th century (dont have a better name) books 1-2 (still reading series)

I also like programming, GFX and stuff. Brandon is a great author.

I still don't have an avatar, I'm lazy.

@EmeraldSlash  you fool, Everyone knows that you cannot have too much of a good thing. Now your mind, blown by Sanderson's awesomeness, is reeling by the mere thought of his books. Your mind cannot take this sort of stress, soon you will develop the symptoms of Sandersonphrenia, a type of Schizophrenia (omg i spelled it right). May the God Beyond ease your split mind.

I commend you on your bravery however

@Magestar XD, your logic is impeccable. 

Whereas you people read on-off, I seem to have a hard time picking up the book (idk why) and then when I pick it up and begin reading I fall into a sort of trance, and just read on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on. Until I finish the book and I'm like "It's been 5 hours already???"

@EmeraldSlash About faster reading, that is SO true, I find that I read wayyy faster than my friends

48 minutes ago, EmeraldSlash said:

@Darkness Ascendant Yeah. I don't really have a hard time picking it up, but I usually don't get long time periods of reading during busy days (I usually get around < 2 hours in, then have to stop). Brandon's books are also pretty long, but they're worth the length :P

I know, waiting for the end is so satisfying. Here's an example if you've finished WoR

Spoiler

When I found out that Shallan's father had in fact saved her life and that he had killed Shallan's mother to protect Shallan, I was mind-blown. You just don't understand how long I spent afterwards in a trance thinking (This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules....?)

12 hours ago, EmeraldSlash said:

@Darkness Ascendant Yeah. I don't really have a hard time picking it up, but I usually don't get long time periods of reading during busy days (I usually get around < 2 hours in, then have to stop). Brandon's books are also pretty long, but they're worth the length :P

I know how that is.  I tend to have very busy days, and most of the time I just have sat down, when I need to get up and do something else.  But I totally agree.  Brandon's books are ALL worth it.

17 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Whereas you people read on-off, I seem to have a hard time picking up the book (idk why) and then when I pick it up and begin reading I fall into a sort of trance, and just read on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on. Until I finish the book and I'm like "It's been 5 hours already???"

This is me. I used to have no problem picking up a book but then came the internet and Netflix. If I pick up a good book I'm sucked in and that's it, but it can take me ages to actually read the first few chapters, even if it's been sitting on my shelf for ages.

@EmeraldSlash welcome! the 19th C Mistborn books are either referred to as 'Mistborn Era 2', or 'Wax and Wayne novels,' generally speaking. You could also call them 'the one with the guy and the hats' and probably everyone will know what you're talking about. :P 

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

@EmeraldSlash welcome! the 19th C Mistborn books are either referred to as 'Mistborn Era 2', or 'Wax and Wayne novels,' generally speaking. You could also call them 'the one with the guy and the hats' and probably everyone will know what you're talking about. :P 

Thanks!  Brandon has done well with 'the one with the guy and the hats' :P

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

This is me. I used to have no problem picking up a book but then came the internet and Netflix. If I pick up a good book I'm sucked in and that's it, but it can take me ages to actually read the first few chapters, even if it's been sitting on my shelf for ages.

Yes! My condition is shared by others! :)