7 posts in this topic

Aarik is Scadrian, I presume?  Cognitive Realm example is a place of "darkness and mist", the name "Aarik" mimics Earth names in ways that violate the rules of the other shardworlds and minor worlds we've seen (e.g. no Aon, no Vorinist almost-palindromy, no repeated consonant sounds, etc.), mentions of "dark peaks" that could either be ashmounts or the mountain range separating the Elendel Basin from the Roughs, and the clincher: Mistborn fanart all over the video.  (Fanart of the anteverdant period of TFE, WoA, and HoA, no less, which makes me consider that perhaps Aarik was from before the Catacendre).  

You are the second person to make this point. I am very excited that you are thinking about this so well. However as far as my character's history and origins, I am ultimatly taking a position of RAFO. 

However there are a couple points that I wish to clarify that you have made. Aarik was my first choice for a name but there are circumstances coming to light that may force me to change his name in the near future. However this is not going to be a big issue due to the the character's background. (Although don't toss aside your points about this, you certainly are on the right track)

Also, the art is actually a coincidence. I only use the works of artists whom I am able to personally contact and seek permission from. I try to keep the pictures topical, but I am limited because I will not use image search copy and paste. I have found that the majority of art that is to be found revolves around the Mistborn series, and these artists are also willing and excited to showcase their art. I only say this because I fear that the art selection is being give far too much influence on the character's nature. Now as time goes forward I hope to have the honor of showcasing more and more art, and then the art selected may be more meaningful.

Otherwise I'm excited to see all that you have noticed, I hope that as this series progresses everyone will be able to piece together my character's backstory. Obviously my hope will be fulfilled because of great observers like you. 

3 minutes ago, TheBlueShifting said:

You are the second person to make this point.

I use the same username on YouTube as here, so unless someone's brought this up independently of me (in which case I'd like to think they are a rather astute individual), I am the only person to make this point.  

I am very excited that you are thinking about this so well. However as far as my character's history and origins, I am ultimatly taking a position of RAFO. 

However there are a couple points that I wish to clarify that you have made. Aarik was my first choice for a name but there are circumstances coming to light that may force me to change his name in the near future. However this is not going to be a big issue due to the the character's background. (Although don't toss aside your points about this, you certainly are on the right track)

Also, the art is actually a coincidence. I only use the works of artists whom I am able to personally contact and seek permission from. I try to keep the pictures topical, but I am limited because I will not use image search copy and paste. I have found that the majority of art that is to be found revolves around the Mistborn series, and these artists are also willing and excited to showcase their art. I only say this because I fear that the art selection is being give far too much influence on the character's nature. Now as time goes forward I hope to have the honor of showcasing more and more art, and then the art selected may be more meaningful.

Otherwise I'm excited to see all that you have noticed, I hope that as this series progresses everyone will be able to piece together my character's backstory. Obviously my hope will be fulfilled because of great observers like you. 

Thanks for responding, and of course I understand the position of RAFO.  That will just make me work all the harder to solve the puzzle of our esteemed narrator.  >:)  (Pity about the art, though, I was so certain I'd picked up on some really subtle clue.  Ah well, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar)  

This is an interesting project. I've been thinking about how to tackle the problem with newcommers to the Cosmere being overwhelmed with information, and a structured series of... any kind of media really could work well. I don't know if I can offer you any kind of useful feedback because of how familiar I am with much of the lore, but hopefully you'll get some from others. It's a good contribution to the fandom :)

This. This is amazing, good sir!  

8 hours ago, Doctor12 said:

This. This is amazing, good sir!  

Thank you! I am super lucky to have permission to make this series, but I do my best to make it as good as possible! I hope you saw the other episodes that have come out, the Hoid episode will most likely come out next Friday!