I finally found it

OMLxJPR.jpg

After years of searching (no kidding) and nearly giving my wallet a heart attack from the online prices (why is it so rare anyway? are there no reprints?) eventually I tracked it down, and turns out it was right under my nose. In a book store one city away, to be precise (I live in Israel) and for the great bargain of $11 (brand new). Now, at long last, I can start reading this amazing masterpiece of a series (I assume, as Brandon never let me down before). Sorry for the rant, just wanted to share my find.

Edited by kroen

OMLxJPR.jpg

After years of searching (no kidding) and nearly giving my wallet a heart attack from the online prices (why is it so rare anyway? are there no reprints?) eventually I tracked it down, and turns out it was right under my nose. In a book store one city away, to be precise (I live in Israel) and for the great bargain of $11 (brand new). Now, at long last, I can start reading this amazing masterpiece of a series (I assume, as Brandon never let me down before). Sorry for the rant, just wanted to share my find.

Not to diminish your accomplishment, but hasn't Tor started re-releasing the Alcatraz books with new covers? You should be able to get them from amazon easily now. But if you wanted to get that particular cover, then congrats!

Book shipping costs from Amazon to Israel is murder. I usually order from bookdepository as they have free shipping but it's been years since they stocked Alcatraz #1. And I do like my cover better fwiw.

Edited by kroen

Book shipping costs from Amazon to Israel is murder. I usually order from bookdepository as they have free shipping but it's been years since they stocked Alcatraz #1. And I do like my cover better fwiw.

Ah now I understand. Well excellent find and again congrats!

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2016 at 2:39 PM, kroen said:

Tnx!

You will not be disappointed in the Alcatraz series at all. The books are delightful, extremely humorous, and hold up well on multiple re-reads. They even appeal to young folks who "only want to read manga!!" And it has been interesting to look at pictures of the cover of "The Dark Talent" and locate items that have been mentioned in previous books.

Also, have you looked into Fishpond for ordering books? They ship from anywhere, to anywhere. I ordered the latest Half Continent book (Monster Blood Tattoo series by D.M. Cornish) from Fishpond, as it was only available in Australia not here in the US. Ordering was easy and I had the book within 10 days. You might want to check them out. :)