Vin vs Iron Man

Doc12

1 minute ago, Important_wavy_thing said:

It would be rather hard for vin to pierce his armour with metallic missiles, unless they were vey sharp. You also have to take Vin's weight into account. She would only be, what, 50kgs? So any metal that was heavy enough to actually crush Tony's armour would be much heavier than Vin herself. The only way to damage his armour using strength would be to duraluminum burst with pewter. If he has aluminium armour, then she should have Atium. 

Sharpness would have nothing to do with it. She just needs to get the shots to the right speed and they'll get through anything. Anchored Duralumin Steelpushed bullet sized metal would be enough, and even without that she can easily close down on Tony, dodge anything he has and get the few Pewter blows she needs to give him an extradural and severe internal bleeding with pulmonary contusions without having to even consider actually cracking his armour, something I also think flared Pewter would manage in a prolonged set of strikes. 

Cap eventually, when he wanted to, took out Iron Man who was trying to kill his friend, and he's basically a Thug. If Vin gets within hand to hand range, there is only one winner and it's not the man in the suit

4 hours ago, IndigoAjah said:

Sharpness would have nothing to do with it. She just needs to get the shots to the right speed and they'll get through anything. Anchored Duralumin Steelpushed bullet sized metal would be enough, and even without that she can easily close down on Tony, dodge anything he has and get the few Pewter blows she needs to give him an extradural and severe internal bleeding with pulmonary contusions without having to even consider actually cracking his armour, something I also think flared Pewter would manage in a prolonged set of strikes. 

1. The armor survived explosions and gunfire, but some Steelpushed projectiles would destroy it?
2. I'm still not sure how was that possible, but Tony crashed thorugh several trees at full speed and had basically no wounds and a few blows from pewter burner would cause severe internal bleeding? I doubt it.
3. Tell me, how Vin is supposed to survive those repulsor blasts in close range combat?

Anyway, was how Vin is supposed to survive gunfire brought up? Wax can only Push on the bullets when he expects them and those are very low speeds bullet compared to modern real-life guns, not to mention some Iron Man made-up tech.

Edited by Oversleep

On 6/23/2016 at 2:16 PM, IndigoAjah said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cap eventually, when he wanted to, took out Iron Man who was trying to kill his friend, and he's basically a Thug. If Vin gets within hand to hand range, there is only one winner and it's not the man in the suit

Vibranium shield was what made cap win that one. Plus it was basically two thugs against iron man in an enclosed space, which favors the two thugs a lot. 

On 6/24/2016 at 1:34 PM, Oversleep said:

1. The armor survived explosions and gunfire, but some Steelpushed projectiles would destroy it?
2. I'm still not sure how was that possible, but Tony crashed thorugh several trees at full speed and had basically no wounds and a few blows from pewter burner would cause severe internal bleeding? I doubt it.
3. Tell me, how Vin is supposed to survive those repulsor blasts in close range combat?

Anyway, was how Vin is supposed to survive gunfire brought up? Wax can only Push on the bullets when he expects them and those are very low speeds bullet compared to modern real-life guns, not to mention some Iron Man made-up tech.

I agree, so Vin should have Atium. Tony would still have a chance to get her with one of his repulsor blasts, so it would even up the playing field.

On 24.06.2016 at 3:34 AM, Oversleep said:

1. Duraluminum

2. Duraluminum

3. Atium

10 hours ago, Szmit said:

1. Duraluminum

2. Duraluminum

3. Atium

1. duralumin got nothing on the crap comic book iron man has survived (nukes for one thing). Movie iron man would get rekt though

2. thor>>>>>>>>>>>random thug. Not even close. And he couldn't break the armor when they fought. Cap and Bucky manage to break the armor only after an extended fight, even after Iron man got dozens of cars dropped on him during the airport battle. A duralumin pewter blow might have a chance, but usually stuff like that just sends him flying instead of breaking his armor

3. Atium probably won't work on repulsors, since they're energy not matter

1 hour ago, asterion137 said:

1. duralumin got nothing on the crap comic book iron man has survived (nukes for one thing). Movie iron man would get rekt though

2. thor>>>>>>>>>>>random thug. Not even close. And he couldn't break the armor when they fought. Cap and Bucky manage to break the armor only after an extended fight, even after Iron man got dozens of cars dropped on him during the airport battle. A duralumin pewter blow might have a chance, but usually stuff like that just sends him flying instead of breaking his armor

2. I'd classify duralumin thug as hulk level power, and Capitan as very powerful thug but nowhere near the power of duraluminum.

3. I think, that atium should work on fire and by extension on repulsors. Plus eventually she always has spectrum - the most underappreciated mistborn power.

Edited by Szmit

1 hour ago, Szmit said:

2. I'd classify duralumin thug as hulk level power, and Capitan as very powerful thug but nowhere near the power of duraluminum.

3. I think, that atium should work on fire and by extension on repulsors. Plus eventually she always has spectrum - the most underappreciated mistborn power.

2. Iron man comics is absurdly strong and Thor and Hulk are planet smashers. In the movies Thor is still a lot stronger than a thug. His best hits are probably duralumin thug level (considering he uses a magic hammer) and Iron man was fighting almost evenly with him.

3. Maybe. Even with atium comic book iron man should destroy her though.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2016 at 3:06 AM, Pathfinder said:

I have responded to so many of these points countless times that at this point I think it is best for me to just step away from this thread while the conversation was good, and not frustrating. All the best to everyone!

It's true, your points have been very well put. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2016 at 9:22 PM, asterion137 said:

Matter and energy are interchangeable. THe energy still has an effect in the physical realm and the actions leading to its use have their source in the cognitive and so the use of the repulsors would still be predictable to Atium

• Chaos locked this topic