Vin vs Iron Man

Doc12

Yes but improved agility+selective pushing/pulling+field of deflection+time dilatation may overcome at least every physical attack

One missile maybe, an entire carpet bombing? Not so much. Then of course even the movie suit has laser based weaponary.

Ok so catch up time! lol

My mistake guys, I should've put in conditions, like many of you stated. 

Right, let's say w have three rounds.

Round 1: standard armor. Each side has little knowledge of the extent to each other's powers.this rounds should be relatively short as bot sides have the advantage of surprise 

Round 2: knowing the powers of each side, each side prepares. IE:aluminium suit, hulk buster. Basically this duel will be them seeing how well their new strategies work and adapting better.

Round 3: all out battle with even more in depth knowledge of the others strengths and weaknesses.

Standard suit for Tony in the first round, probably the modular one in the MCU. Vin has access to all metals so far. Do we give her atium tho? Perhaps not in the first round. They both can go absolute OP in round 3

They won't be trying to kill each other, So try to limit to non lethal attacks. IE: stun blasts, gas, concussion grenades for Stark, no crushing for Vin.

Personally I think throwing the hulkbuster (I assume you mean from the movie as there were two versions in the comic books, one to fight captain america and ms marvel, and the other to actually fight the hulk) is a bit overkill, but if you want to include it, then I think Vin definitely needs Atium. Also take into account there are only two or so times Tony in the comic books wore something non-metallic. One of those instances was carbon fiber which was commented how it was weaker than his normal armor due to its composition and it was made specifically to fight Magneto and was never used again. I feel the same would stand for aluminum armor. You are not going to get the same tensile strength you would from other metals/alloys. Yes there is space grade or aeronautical aluminum, but again that is more for its lightweight properties than its durability and capability of taking damage. Basically I am saying you make the hulkbuster of aluminum, and Vin could probably punch a hole through it with pewter. Also as mentioned in the comics and movies, is due to the composition, his weaponry then gets limited. There is a reason missiles, lasers, and so on are made of the materials they are made of and housed in. Change that, and he could very well end up blowing up from his own weaponry. For instance the stealth armor used against Black Panther and Magneto due to lacking any metal could only use his repulsor blasts three shots at full power. As I type this, not to criticize your decisions, but if Stark is allowed to create a whole new armor to battle Vin, specifically in response to her abilities, then she should be able to use medallions to counter his abilities. Otherwise you are stacking the deck in favor of Iron Man as anyone who knows someone's abilities, and has time to counter those specific abilities, will win period (Prime example batman vs superman. Superman cannot change his powers. Batman on the other hand, can and did find Superman's prime weakness. That doesn't mean Batman won. It just means he was able to exploit a piece of information). A balancing factor I believe if you still want to do this, is reference specific armor mentioned in the comic books, like the one I brought up. It was already shown in a story line, and has defined abilities and limitations that we can reference. Or have them have full knowledge of each other, but keep the same abilities. Vin without atium, and Tony in his standard armor. 

As for setting, i also picture a roofless arena, with metal for vin to toss about, and the hulkbuster drvice from avengers 2 which give extra parts when the suit is damaged. The repairs are limited, of course, and Vins metal reserves aren't infinite. It might turn out to be a fight of who can last longest after all.

Then Vin gets a comparable amount of metal reserves. If Iron Man can be repaired and get new parts, then Vin should have a resupply of metal. It would only be fair. 

On the topic of Vin pushing Stark around, Stark is technically heavier than Vin, no? What do you think?

The tricks I referenced have nothing to do with pitting Vin's weight against Stark. It is pitting Stark's against his own. So its like this. If Stark stands in full armor at point A, and Vin stands at point B, and only pushes on Stark, then yes she will be thrown back. However, what I stated was using Stark as the anchor. So pull on his arm while pushing on his chest. Now do you see how his own weight in that case wouldn't matter? She has an anchor, that just so happens to be him. 

One missile maybe, an entire carpet bombing? Not so much. Then of course even the movie suit has laser based weaponary.

Missiles function via pressure (ie contact), or range. Now short range, carpet bombing would work, though it would also harm Stark. But that was not your example. Your example is Tony far far far faaaaarrrrrr away from Vin so she cannot reach him via steel and iron. But that means she has plenty of time to watch the missiles coming, and once they come within range, make a general push out in all directions. That would either set them all off, or fling them right back towards Tony. Never in the comic books nor movies has Tony developed heat seeking lasers. Every time he has used his repulsors/lasers, he has been in close proximity. So lasers can be dodged and as they have mass will deflect when hitting a bendalloy bubble. And before you state that a laser is light, and by definition you cannot move faster than light, the weapons that employ lasers for Stark are fictional, and are shown to act in a manner where it has to travel from source to target in a clearly identifiable way. In the comics and in the movies such weaponry has been dodged. If we are saying to apply real science to Stark's armor's, then the whole suit could not function at all. 

edit: apparently aeronautical grade aluminum is actually an aluminum alloy, so I am not even sure it would function like aluminum for the purpose of being immune to allomancy. Duralumin is an aluminum alloy for instance but does not give you the same shielding properties. 

edit 2: Well also instead of criticizing (which was not my intension, so just wanted to say sorry) the rules laid down by the OP, this is how I see things playing out based on what was stated:

round 1: Vin would win, for the earlier stated reasons. She can manipulate Tony like a puppet while she dismantles him

round 2: It would be harder, but Vin would know his power core is in his chest, so she could target that and as aluminum is weaker than the standard armors, could penetrate it. That would make repairs for other parts pointless as the power supply is down

round 3: Hard but I feel atium and again targeting that power core would ultimately lead Vin to win the day. 

Edited by Pathfinder

Missiles function via pressure (ie contact), or range. Now short range, carpet bombing would work, though it would also harm Stark. But that was not your example. Your example is Tony far far far faaaaarrrrrr away from Vin so she cannot reach him via steel and iron. But that means she has plenty of time to watch the missiles coming, and once they come within range, make a general push out in all directions. That would either set them all off, or fling them right back towards Tony. Never in the comic books nor movies has Tony developed heat seeking lasers. Every time he has used his repulsors/lasers, he has been in close proximity. So lasers can be dodged and as they have mass will deflect when hitting a bendalloy bubble. And before you state that a laser is light, and by definition you cannot move faster than light, the weapons that employ lasers for Stark are fictional, and are shown to act in a manner where it has to travel from source to target in a clearly identifiable way. In the comics and in the movies such weaponry has been dodged. If we are saying to apply real science to Stark's armor's, then the whole suit could not function at all. 

The movie-version laser cartridge things have not been dodged to date, I believe (Don't recall whether or not he pulled them out during Cap: Civil War).  However, they are massively lethal (slice clean through solid metal drones, for instance), so Tony would be loath to use them outside of round 3, and tied to Tony's arm, so maybe if Vin was using atium she could Matrix-dodge her way around them.  

The movie-version laser cartridge things have not been dodged to date, I believe (Don't recall whether or not he pulled them out during Cap: Civil War).  However, they are massively lethal (slice clean through solid metal drones, for instance), so Tony would be loath to use them outside of round 3, and tied to Tony's arm, so maybe if Vin was using atium she could Matrix-dodge her way around them.  

Lol by their very use they were dodged "Rhodey, duck". Also again, pushing on the glove when he lifts his arm would screw up the aim, and then she could duck, jump or dodge over the beam. Finally if it was in his aluminum armor, the metal would melt, destroying his hand inside. 

edit: also take into account they were drones that were slow and easily out maneuvered. Which is the total opposite of Vin lol. 

Edited by Pathfinder

You don't need to be faster than Light, but faster than Tony (or armor)'s reaction time.... And in this I think that a Bendalloy boubble is really usefull (without all the other "buffs" a Mistborn has)

Edited by Yata

Ok so catch up time! lol

Personally I think throwing the hulkbuster (I assume you mean from the movie as there were two versions in the comic books, one to fight captain america and ms marvel, and the other to actually fight the hulk) is a bit overkill, but if you want to include it, then I think Vin definitely needs Atium. Also take into account there are only two or so times Tony in the comic books wore something non-metallic. One of those instances was carbon fiber which was commented how it was weaker than his normal armor due to its composition and it was made specifically to fight Magneto and was never used again. I feel the same would stand for aluminum armor. You are not going to get the same tensile strength you would from other metals/alloys. Yes there is space grade or aeronautical aluminum, but again that is more for its lightweight properties than its durability and capability of taking damage. Basically I am saying you make the hulkbuster of aluminum, and Vin could probably punch a hole through it with pewter. Also as mentioned in the comics and movies, is due to the composition, his weaponry then gets limited. There is a reason missiles, lasers, and so on are made of the materials they are made of and housed in. Change that, and he could very well end up blowing up from his own weaponry. For instance the stealth armor used against Black Panther and Magneto due to lacking any metal could only use his repulsor blasts three shots at full power. As I type this, not to criticize your decisions, but if Stark is allowed to create a whole new armor to battle Vin, specifically in response to her abilities, then she should be able to use medallions to counter his abilities. Otherwise you are stacking the deck in favor of Iron Man as anyone who knows someone's abilities, and has time to counter those specific abilities, will win period (Prime example batman vs superman. Superman cannot change his powers. Batman on the other hand, can and did find Superman's prime weakness. That doesn't mean Batman won. It just means he was able to exploit a piece of information). A balancing factor I believe if you still want to do this, is reference specific armor mentioned in the comic books, like the one I brought up. It was already shown in a story line, and has defined abilities and limitations that we can reference. Or have them have full knowledge of each other, but keep the same abilities. Vin without atium, and Tony in his standard armor. 

Then Vin gets a comparable amount of metal reserves. If Iron Man can be repaired and get new parts, then Vin should have a resupply of metal. It would only be fair. 

The tricks I referenced have nothing to do with pitting Vin's weight against Stark. It is pitting Stark's against his own. So its like this. If Stark stands in full armor at point A, and Vin stands at point B, and only pushes on Stark, then yes she will be thrown back. However, what I stated was using Stark as the anchor. So pull on his arm while pushing on his chest. Now do you see how his own weight in that case wouldn't matter? She has an anchor, that just so happens to be him. 

edit: apparently aeronautical grade aluminum is actually an aluminum alloy, so I am not even sure it would function like aluminum for the purpose of being immune to allomancy. Duralumin is an aluminum alloy for instance but does not give you the same shielding properties. 

edit 2: Well also instead of criticizing (which was not my intension, so just wanted to say sorry) the rules laid down by the OP, this is how I see things playing out based on what was stated:

round 1: Vin would win, for the earlier stated reasons. She can manipulate Tony like a puppet while she dismantles him

round 2: It would be harder, but Vin would know his power core is in his chest, so she could target that and as aluminum is weaker than the standard armors, could penetrate it. That would make repairs for other parts pointless as the power supply is down

round 3: Hard but I feel atium and again targeting that power core would ultimately lead Vin to win the day. 

Sorry, I should have been clearer with the conditions. When I say ie: hulkbuster, aluminium armor, I wasn't actually advocating those armors, more like throwing out random suits that could work. The hulkbuster would actually be horrible against Mistborn, especially one burning Pewter, as the armor is extremely slow and bulky. The only advantage the Hulkbuster would have is that it'll be far too heavy to be pushed around anymore. Still, Vin vs Koloss already shows how that battle would go. 

The usage of medallions as feruchemical storage for Vin is something I didn't think of, and could potentially very well overpower Vin, haha. What with storing luck, speed of thought and all the other powers that come with feruchemy, she would wipe the floor with Stark no matter what he brought to the table. 

I do however see an advantage for Stark if he does use aluminium or carbon fiber armor in round two. Sure, his armor is a lot weaker, and can't tank more than maybe two pewter-enhanced hits, but coins should bounce off with nothing more than a dent. And with nothing for Vin to grab hold of, she loses a very large advantage. All he needs is one repulsor blast to take down Vin. All Stark has to do is stay out of Vin's immediate reach and avoid close quarters combat at all costs and he might win.

The laser blast generator cannot be made of aluminum due the low melting point of pure aluminum. The laser would melt Tony's arm before firing.

However the investiture dodging ability of aluminum isn't fully explored. While Duralumin doesn't show aluminum's effects, aluminum bullets and guns from the Set (book 1) have been shown to be made heavier using some method, which is probably alloying something with aluminum.

Edited by Charlie.x.3000

Depends what Vin you're talking about and against which Iron man, WoA era-Vin vs. MCU Tony in an arena battle where both knew of each others abilities? Whoever strikes first. Mist burning Vin vs. pretty much any suit? Vin wins. Hulkbuster vs. Vin who can only use her 'Luck'? Hulkbuster for sure. Vin when she takes up Preservation vs. all possible perumtations of Iron man simultaneously? Still Vin.

Depends what Vin you're talking about and against which Iron man, WoA era-Vin vs. MCU Tony in an arena battle where both knew of each others abilities? Whoever strikes first. Mist burning Vin vs. pretty much any suit? Vin wins. Hulkbuster vs. Vin who can only use her 'Luck'? Hulkbuster for sure. Vin when she takes up Preservation vs. all possible perumtations of Iron man simultaneously? Still Vin.

This is why I've been referring to Tony's opponent as "a Mistborn" as opposed to simply "Vin," and why I've restricted my discussion of Tony's abilities to the MCU.   

Sorry, I should have been clearer with the conditions. When I say ie: hulkbuster, aluminium armor, I wasn't actually advocating those armors, more like throwing out random suits that could work. The hulkbuster would actually be horrible against Mistborn, especially one burning Pewter, as the armor is extremely slow and bulky. The only advantage the Hulkbuster would have is that it'll be far too heavy to be pushed around anymore. Still, Vin vs Koloss already shows how that battle would go. 

The usage of medallions as feruchemical storage for Vin is something I didn't think of, and could potentially very well overpower Vin, haha. What with storing luck, speed of thought and all the other powers that come with feruchemy, she would wipe the floor with Stark no matter what he brought to the table. 

I do however see an advantage for Stark if he does use aluminium or carbon fiber armor in round two. Sure, his armor is a lot weaker, and can't tank more than maybe two pewter-enhanced hits, but coins should bounce off with nothing more than a dent. And with nothing for Vin to grab hold of, she loses a very large advantage. All he needs is one repulsor blast to take down Vin. All Stark has to do is stay out of Vin's immediate reach and avoid close quarters combat at all costs and he might win.

Regarding the medallions, very true but basically she would be as limited as Iron Man. So for instance if he was allowed to change his armor to aluminum to counter her, then she hypothetically could chose a bronze medallion which would enable her to store her body heat so she wouldn't come up on his sensors. Another would be weight to let her actually be able to push or pull on him. And finally another idea off the top of my head, some gold. Since Tony can repair his suit, Vin should have some means of healing herself. It would be a finite amount so if she healed a grievous wound, she would run out of healing for the rest of the match. That way she is able to respond to his abilities without being broken. Also compounding would obviously be out. I may give you the coins bouncing off, but given the tensile strength indicated with the armors that he wore that were made of non metallic materials, they still were pretty vulnerable. So I think coins could still penetrate, but I will give you that much. However we see constantly where all sorts of power levels (from Thor, to Captain America, to ordinary humans), get hit by repulsors and just get either knocked back (Thor and Captain America) or knocked unconscious (ordinary humans). I keep bringing up Captain America because as I said, the super soldier serum only brought him to the peak physical condition of a human being, and left him up there. So he never tires, his muscles never wear out, etc, but he is still human. He isn't punching holes through tanks. So I feel he is the perfect analogue for a pewter burning mistborn. That is exactly how pewter functions. It brings your body to its peak, and holds you there. Just in a pewter burners case, they can "burn" out lol. So if Captain America can take a blast and keep going, then surely Vin can too. 

The laser blast generator cannot be made of aluminum due the low melting point of pure aluminum. The laser would melt Tony's arm before firing.

However the investiture dodging ability of aluminum isn't fully explored. While Duralumin doesn't show aluminum's effects, aluminum bullets and guns from the Set (book 1) have been shown to be made heavier using some method, which is probably alloying something with aluminum.

True, but it is never mentioned how it is alloyed. Could be a majority of aluminum which would still make it brittle or easily melted when used as armor or to house laser weapons. Alloying metal to hold together long enough for the ballistic explosion to send it at high speeds into someone is an entirely different matter from turning it into plates that are supposed to deflect or absorb damage. 

Edited by Pathfinder

This is why I've been referring to Tony's opponent as "a Mistborn" as opposed to simply "Vin," and why I've restricted my discussion of Tony's abilities to the MCU.   

Unfortunately the title is Vin vs Iron Man, though I agree it would be fairer to have it as a general mistborn if we are keeping it as you said to MCU. To the OP, are we limiting it to the MCU?

Edited by Pathfinder

Personally I think that one version of Iron Man has to be pegged down.  Or we could just mash them all together.  But there are just so many odd versions of Tony/Iron Man that we cannot just say 'Iron Man'  I remember a version with parts of the suit grafted to his bones(?) which would mean Vin cannot push on them all that well.  So Yeah.  Pick one.

About who would win.  As far as vin goes,  her powers are a little more versatile than Iron Mans.  Of course, if we say he can scan her to find out her powers/weaknesses, he might win.  Personally, I would put my money on Vin, unless Iron Man somehow finds a way to get her metals away.  (Supermagnet?  Magnets are not effected by whether or not a metal is in someones body, unlike coinshots.  Or forcing her to puke them up.)

Personally I think that one version of Iron Man has to be pegged down.  Or we could just mash them all together.  But there are just so many odd versions of Tony/Iron Man that we cannot just say 'Iron Man'  I remember a version with parts of the suit grafted to his bones(?) which would mean Vin cannot push on them all that well.  So Yeah.  Pick one.

About who would win.  As far as vin goes,  her powers are a little more versatile than Iron Mans.  Of course, if we say he can scan her to find out her powers/weaknesses, he might win.  Personally, I would put my money on Vin, unless Iron Man somehow finds a way to get her metals away.  (Supermagnet?  Magnets are not effected by whether or not a metal is in someones body, unlike coinshots.  Or forcing her to puke them up.)

I remember that he had a suit at one point that was made out of magical nanobots stored inside his body that could change their properties to whatever Tony wanted on the fly, as well as continously repairing itself and were powered by a "human made star" that gave both extremly enhanced strenght and inteligence. That's one of the more op comic book science ones that would win him this fight rather easily. I think it was called Bleeding Edge.

It did just occur to me though that with preparation time, couldn't Tony just skip the whole aluminum part and instead have the amor piece his skin to anchor it against pushes and pulls, while keeping the aluminum to the projectiles to counter said pushes, pulls and atium? That certainly wouldn't help aginst Vin drawing on the mist but ordinary Mistborn?

I remember that he had a suit at one point that was made out of magical nanobots stored inside his body that could change their properties to whatever Tony wanted on the fly, as well as continously repairing itself and were powered by a "human made star" that gave both extremly enhanced strenght and inteligence. That's one of the more op comic book science ones that would win him this fight rather easily. I think it was called Bleeding Edge.

It did just occur to me though that with preparation time, couldn't Tony just skip the whole aluminum part and instead have the amor piece his skin to anchor it against pushes and pulls, while keeping the aluminum to the projectiles to counter said pushes, pulls and atium? That certainly wouldn't help aginst Vin drawing on the mist but ordinary Mistborn?

Lol if Iron Man gets the bleeding edge armor, then Vin gets to channel the mists, because by your own statements that is absurdly overpowered. We might as well next say who will win, a Mistborn or Superman?

Then as I said, if Tony can have the time and resources to build an entire new armor and weapons to specifically counter all of a Mistborn's abilities, then the mistborn should have access to medallions to counter Iron Man's and level the playing field. 

Lol if Iron Man gets the bleeding edge armor, then Vin gets to channel the mists, because by your own statements that is absurdly overpowered. We might as well next say who will win, a Mistborn or Superman?

Then as I said, if Tony can have the time and resources to build an entire new armor and weapons to specifically counter all of a Mistborn's abilities, then the mistborn should have access to medallions to counter Iron Man's and level the playing field.

Oh I agree, that armor isn't isn't reasonable. Just sharing Comic book anecdotes, no need to ring the alarm bells.

Not sure if that counts as the same thing. Building armor (and really some spikes and different type ammunition is more of a minor modification by his standards) is effectively Tony's power in this scenario. The medalions would require the help of a third party that could in theory just as well decide to help Tony.

Now if we want to go into the theory of him really developing new weaponary that would be him equiping super magnets to steal medalions.

Oh I agree, that armor isn't isn't reasonable. Just sharing Comic book anecdotes, no need to ring the alarm bells.

Not sure if that counts as the same thing. Building armor (and really some spikes and different type ammunition is more of a minor modification by his standards) is effectively Tony's power in this scenario. The medalions would require the help of a third party that could in theory just as well decide to help Tony.

Now if we want to go into the theory of him really developing new weaponary that would be him equiping super magnets to steal medalions.

I gotcha lol

Actually I think is does count. It comes from the same power source, Preservation. Tony's various armors all use the same power source, the arc reactor. In order to produce an aluminum alloy that is resistant to allomancy, but still able to provide tensile strength, durability, and not hamper any of the on board systems including weaponry, flight, and circuitry would require building a brand new armor. Same thing with weaponry. By providing Tony the capability to tailor his armor specifically to fight and kill a mistborn is tipping it far in his favor. The mistborn would have no way of compensating. It literally cannot alter its own powers it was born with to counter Tony's. Which is why I suggested the medallions. Without compounding, and allowing a selection of powers, the mistborn would have a finite resource to counter Tony, while his armor never runs out of aluminum, and lasers. I see that as perfectly balanced. 

Every instance we have seen where metal pierces the skin enough to not be pushed on was either spikes driven through the body, bracers that pierced deeply the meat of the arm and was used by an individual that could heal, a knife in the arm of another individual that could heal, or earrings that half of the metal material is inside the skin. The Iron Man suit would have to become an Iron Maiden to accomplish that lol

Picture this for round 2/round 3. Iron Man flying around in broken down city, aluminum armor in sustained low flight so as not to overhead and slag his jets with his Aluminum pneumatic darts and shrapnel aluminum grenades. Mistborn is dodging and jumping between buildings, shivering from storing all their heat into the bronze medallion to avoid coming up on Iron Man's infrared. Battles are sudden, and violent, with both quickly retreating to recoup. Tony trying to repair what damage done, and avoid calling in new replacements too soon as to give away his position. Mistborn digging the aluminum darts out of his or her body as cannot be healed around it. Steadily burning pewter to shrug off the pain for now and save the gold from the medallion for something worse. Both then begin to hunt once again. 

Come on and tell me that kind of fight doesn't sound awesome?

Edited by Pathfinder

FYI, storing that much heat would make the Mistborn die of hypothermia. Brass Feruchemy can't make you invisible in infrared, you'd need to store so much you'd be of the air temperature. Even assuming it's about 30°C outside, storing 6,6°C would be fatal. Even with pewter.

After reading through this thread (and it was awesome!) I thought I would just weigh in real quick with my opinion because I know all of you are simply dying to read what I have to write! ;)

1: If Tony and Vin go into a fight with no other knowledge except that they have to fight to the death then all my money is on Vin. She can be a stone-cold killer when she needs to be. I feel like Tony would hesitate and, therefore, die in this scenario.

2: If both Vin and Tony have full knowledge of each other's capabilities and are given ample preparation time then all of my money is now on Tony. Vin is scrappy and has killer instincts (pun intended) but Tony simply outclasses her in the intelligence category and he has (nearly) unlimited resources. Tony's schtick is counter-measures and with a solid understanding of Allomancy he would be able to (relatively) quickly design and implement a suit of armor that would be a Mistbuster.

Finally, if the mists come into the equation then it simply does not matter what Tony does - he is no match for a god.

FYI, storing that much heat would make the Mistborn die of hypothermia. Brass Feruchemy can't make you invisible in infrared, you'd need to store so much you'd be of the air temperature. Even assuming it's about 30°C outside, storing 6,6°C would be fatal. Even with pewter.

Depending on how much dependency Tony's weapons have on auto-targeting then lowering your temp enough to not register as human might be sufficient?

edit: Whoops, double post. Sorry!

Edited by CaptainRyan

After reading through this thread (and it was awesome!) I thought I would just weigh in real quick with my opinion because I know all of you are simply dying to read what I have to write! ;)

1: If Tony and Vin go into a fight with no other knowledge except that they have to fight to the death then all my money is on Vin. She can be a stone-cold killer when she needs to be. I feel like Tony would hesitate and, therefore, die in this scenario.

2: If both Vin and Tony have full knowledge of each other's capabilities and are given ample preparation time then all of my money is now on Tony. Vin is scrappy and has killer instincts (pun intended) but Tony simply outclasses her in the intelligence category and he has (nearly) unlimited resources. Tony's schtick is counter-measures and with a solid understanding of Allomancy he would be able to (relatively) quickly design and implement a suit of armor that would be a Mistbuster.

Finally, if the mists come into the equation then it simply does not matter what Tony does - he is no match for a god.

know right? I was like how come no one had posted on this yet? 

However, I would remind you that Vin is really resourceful too, like the way she attacked the Inquisitors in book 1. Tony may come uber-prepared, and might very well win, but Vin would definetely give him the fight of his life. Think Hulkbuster vs Hulk. No matter how prepared Tony was for Hulk, he still had a really hard time beating that raw strength. Vin has been shown several times using her powers in unconventional ways, so while, tony might still win, he definetely won't be as OP as it seems.

I gotcha lol

Actually I think is does count. It comes from the same power source, Preservation. Tony's various armors all use the same power source, the arc reactor. In order to produce an aluminum alloy that is resistant to allomancy, but still able to provide tensile strength, durability, and not hamper any of the on board systems including weaponry, flight, and circuitry would require building a brand new armor. Same thing with weaponry. By providing Tony the capability to tailor his armor specifically to fight and kill a mistborn is tipping it far in his favor. The mistborn would have no way of compensating. It literally cannot alter its own powers it was born with to counter Tony's. Which is why I suggested the medallions. Without compounding, and allowing a selection of powers, the mistborn would have a finite resource to counter Tony, while his armor never runs out of aluminum, and lasers. I see that as perfectly balanced. 

Every instance we have seen where metal pierces the skin enough to not be pushed on was either spikes driven through the body, bracers that pierced deeply the meat of the arm and was used by an individual that could heal, a knife in the arm of another individual that could heal, or earrings that half of the metal material is inside the skin. The Iron Man suit would have to become an Iron Maiden to accomplish that lol

Picture this for round 2/round 3. Iron Man flying around in broken down city, aluminum armor in sustained low flight so as not to overhead and slag his jets with his Aluminum pneumatic darts and shrapnel aluminum grenades. Mistborn is dodging and jumping between buildings, shivering from storing all their heat into the bronze medallion to avoid coming up on Iron Man's infrared. Battles are sudden, and violent, with both quickly retreating to recoup. Tony trying to repair what damage done, and avoid calling in new replacements too soon as to give away his position. Mistborn digging the aluminum darts out of his or her body as cannot be healed around it. Steadily burning pewter to shrug off the pain for now and save the gold from the medallion for something worse. Both then begin to hunt once again. 

Come on and tell me that kind of fight doesn't sound awesome?

HAHA. I snickered at that Iron man -Iron maiden pun.

Yeah, I do agree with you on the use of medallions now, you've really thought this out really well, and the battle you're describing was the kind of battle I hoped for when I imagined them duelling and posting this. :) 

I'm sorry I didn't clarify the participants clearly, as many people have been debating over this.

When I say Stark, I imagine MCU Stark whose powers remain pretty much consistent over the movies, with upgrades, of course, but nothing unreasonable. That means Extremis and the Bleeding Edge armor are kinda discounted.

However, I was thinking of discussing, exactly what modifications would Stark need to counter a Mistborn in round 2 and 3? Pathfinder has given some excellent suggestions on Aluminium armor. What do you think Stark would need to tailor his suit to counter both allomancy and hemalurgy? Essentially I'm thinking of creating an entirely new suit of armor to counter the Mistborn, and hoping to discuss what the new armor should include. 

When I say Vin, I mean her as a normal mistborn pre-ascension, only with access to all the Era 2 metals and medallions in later battles. Her limits are pretty much fixed here, as I assume everyone reading this has a fair knowledge of the different metals and feruchemical medallions. So no ascended Vin here. :)

Anything else I missed, please don't hesitate to ask. Or perhaps we could set the conditions together? 

However, I was thinking of discussing, exactly what modifications would Stark need to counter a Mistborn in round 2 and 3? Pathfinder has given some excellent suggestions on Aluminium armor. What do you think Stark would need to tailor his suit to counter both allomancy and hemalurgy? Essentially I'm thinking of creating an entirely new suit of armor to counter the Mistborn, and hoping to discuss what the new armor should include. 

All that's required for a suit of armor to counter hemalurgy is to have it be bulletproof - and thankfully, the standard titanium-gold alloy appears to do that pretty well.  The problem comes in when it comes to countering allomancy, which requires aluminum.  100% aluminum, which would fulfill the letter of the requirement, would not stand up to the heat and force given off by Tony's own weapons - which means alloys.  Copper, which would put the suit into duralumin territory and would thus invalidate the hazekilling usage, happens to be one of the best for aviation purposes.  (There is a process by which an aluminum surface layer could be applied to any aluminum alloy, but I suspect the massive amount of articulation necessary for the suit to work as shown in the movies would make it too expensive or impractical - although Stark does have the budget for it) Other candidates include "Birmabright", an aluminum-magnesium alloy used in the Land Rover chassis (99.4% to 93% aluminum, depending on formula) and Silumin (3-50% silicon to a remainder of aluminum, used in 3 phase motors and camera mounts).  

The main problem, however, is how this interacts with Stark's tendency to go high.