When you use an item, it disappears from the game, right?

Every player only has 1 Action for each Cycle correct? So if you hold 2 items, you can't use 1 and pass another?

Advice to players:

1. Be careful with using your kills. There's only 17 players and I'm guessing probably 4 Traitors?

2. Don't give away your Silver Powder without extremely good reason. The eliminators will want that to protect them from Shade kills later on in the game.

3. For the most part, don't use vote manipulation unless you've clearly stated your feelings about the lynch. Anything else will be seen as acting shady.

I haven't even started making all of my PM's yet. :P

*is flooded by thirty-something PMs*

I'll be fine. Probably. :P

Edit: Items used do disappear from the game, and every player has only 1 action. Silver Powder usage doesn't count as an action.

Edited by RippleGylf

Alright, we only have 3 items in this game, and none of them let us scan a player. That's a problem. We don't have anything to rely on except our own intuition. I've never been very good at that. However, I am good at making plans. So... what do we have to work with?

A knife: It's a vigilante kill. It's dangerous if it falls into the hands of the wrong person. However, I don't think that the Eliminators would start with one. They can get one if the knife isn't used before its holder dies. So, knives should be used as soon as possible. Once you have a target, don't hesitate to strike. It's risky, but it's the best option we have.

Silver powder: This is fairly useless in a Villager's hand, but deadly in a Traitor's one. It's possible to use it as a way of role-claiming, but there's no way to confirm if that person is actually telling the truth.

Intoxicant: In the immortal words of Wayne, let's get the town drunk. At first glance, this appears to be the weakest item. A vote shift is nice, but in the grand scheme of things it isn't worth much. However, we can use it in a similar way to the Mayor's position. Every cycle, give the booze to someone else. We can create a chain of who received what. If an opportunistic Eliminator doesn't ditch the bottle, we'll have someone who is immediately suspicious. I know it creates an IKYK, but we need someway to generate leads.

GM: Do players know who has give them an item, or is it anonymous?

*is flooded by thirty-something PMs*

And this is while you're online and keeping up with everything.

Now imagine how much you'll fall behind on when you go to sleep, until you wake up in the morning.

... I've come to a realization. I'm mean. I am very, very mean.

No, if you were really mean, you could set up every possible variation of three person PM's. Group Pm's are makeable after all.

So, I've been reading and rereading the rules, and Haven't managed to come up with any clever idea to find eliminators like I like to. So, any clever ideas from anyone? Or do we have to depend on Analysis? Which really isn't my strong suit.

I've also been thinking about Item Distribution. I'm betting that the Eliminators will start with at least one Silver, and maybe an Intoxicant. I can't see them starting with a dagger, unless there's not many of them. So I'm guessing either 5 Eliminators with no items, 4 with a intoxicant and silver, or 3 with a dagger and a silver.

I'd also prefer more votes from people. Lots have posted without voting, And Elodin, I'd still like an answer to my question. I don't actually suspect you, but, you know. Answer pls?

Ripple, if the shades target someone who didn't make a kill, are we told that they were targeted?

That might help us, particularly when we've already got 2/3 Eliminators down. We can track who didn't make a kill on a given night, which could help us a lot when we're down to 1/2 eliminators. That's all I've got, really.

EDIT: Changed Darkfriends to Eliminators.  :blink:

Edited by The Young Bard

It's a poke vote. I'm unlikely to hold to that vote once Conq says something, and I'm assuming Lopen couldn't be bothered searching through for other online inactives to take his vote off me just yet. I'm assuming Joe wants an explanation because he wants to hear your view, which is why he voted for you.

EDIT: I forgot Joe shifted his voted to you.

Edited by The Young Bard

Bugsy. Haven't heard anything from you yet.

Also, Joe, I'm immensely relieved you changed your vote on me. :)

I am personally in favor of a day 1 lunch. It's the only way to really get information, since this does seem to be a very analytical game, as qfs tend to be.

I am personally in favor of a day 1 lunch. It's the only way to really get information, since this does seem to be a very analytical game, as qfs tend to be.

Day 1 lunch? What does that even mean?

Edited by Mckeedee123

Elodin

MCKEEDEE You are a Liar. In our PM, you claimed to me that DC told you he had an Item. When i asked for verification that y ou two were in communication, you said you didn't know why he hadn't read my PM. But DeathClutch hasn't been online since the 9th. So, why are you lying to me?

EDIT: Greening out old votes

Edited by The Only Joe

Elodin

MCKEEDEE You are a Liar. In our PM, you claimed to me that DC told you he had an Item. When i asked for verification that y ou two were in communication, you said you didn't know why he hadn't read my PM. But DeathClutch hasn't been online since the 9th. So, why are you lying to me?

It was part of a test of alignment. It was conducted poorly, so shame on me.

Edited by Mckeedee123

Yes Mckeedee, yes it was. Thank you for explaining in more detail in our PM. You're still at the top of my suspicious list, but for now I'm going to retract and throw a vote on Amanuensis. I'll be going to bed son, and If I remember my time zones correctly, he'll be waking up before I do, which will give him time to respond.

EDIT: RIPPLE Do you want us to green out our old votes, or just green them out in a new post.

Edited by The Only Joe

Whoops. Yeah, I just forgot to remove my vote from you Bard. I think I'll move it over to SilverDragon, since he hasn't posted yet. Are you a Tratior SD? Are you the one who shoved poor ol' Kelen out to the Shades? :o

Joe and Mckeedee, I'd like to hear more of what that was all about. Could you please explain?

Edited by TheMightyLopen

I am here, and ready to play! :D So. Let's see.

I've thought of at least one way to clear people. If you know who passes you an item, and you can't pass an item and kill in the same turn, then anyone who passes an item is automatically cleared. So... it'd take a lot of coordination, but I definitely think it'd be worth it. Everyone pass their item to the next person down the player list, or something along those lines. Then everyone who passed an item is basically cleared of being the killer (unless there were two eliminators next to each other, which is possible, so we'd have to do it multiple times in different orders to be sure), giving us a much narrower search pool. Anyone see any obvious flaws? (Also, Ripple may want to nix this. Not sure how game-breaking it is, since it depends on the number of items in play, but it does seem a bit strong.)

And this is while you're online and keeping up with everything.

Now imagine how much you'll fall behind on when you go to sleep, until you wake up in the morning.

... I've come to a realization. I'm mean. I am very, very mean.

Hey, this isn't so bad. Imagine what it was like for Wilson and Seonid seeing every single PM in LG21. Including Shard Zero. :P

And don't worry. It gets worse. I had 80 PMs for MR13. :) And I can't imagine how many Wilson had for LG18, given that PMs were free but recreated every turn. Lopen created, what, fifty by himself? (Could have been more... I can't figure out in which PM you told me that.)