Don’t Kindle Flames.
Don’t run at Night.
Don’t shed the Blood of another.

Three simple rules keep a man safe from Shades in the Forests of Hell.

But so easy to break.

Blood was spilt when the Mutineers killed Montgomery Jack and tried to take his place. Flame was kindled when you set their tent on fire to avenge your crew leader. And everyone broke the second rule when the Shades came.

Red eyes glowed behind you as you ran, desperate to survive. You got lucky, arriving behind the protective silver circle of the safehouse before they caught you. Others weren’t so lucky. Of the nearly hundred men and women of Montgomery's crew, only a few dozen made it safely.

But the Shades are still there, just beyond the silver. You recognize them. Wilim the Eager, who once taught you had to make traps,  Aoran the Doctor, who once saved your life in a raid gone wrong.  Tryel the Herbalist, famous for his fireless meals. All once friends, taken by the Shades. All of them with eyes glowing Red, wishing to avenge their fallen leader. You can’t escape until the mutineers are gone. But which of your friends are loyal, and which are traitors?

------------------------------------------

Hello all! This will be my first time GMing an SE game, so hopefully this goes well. Also, big thanks to Joe for writing the write-ups.

Gameplay:
There are two groups; the Loyal Crewmembers, and the Mutineers. The win conditions are pretty basic, the Mutineers are trying to outnumber the Crewmembers, and the Crewmembers are trying to kill the Mutineers.

The game consists of combined day/night cycles, consisting of 24 hours.

The twist for this game is the role of deceased players. When killed, a player becomes a shade. Each cycle, they can collectively inspect a single player by majority vote. If the player uses a kill action, eliminator or not, the player is killed by the shades.  The victim of the inspected kill action is still dead. Sorry.  :ph34r: 

If the shades are indecisive and can't reach a majority, then nothing happens.

Every player starts out with a limited number of items. As an action each cycle, a player can either use an item or give it to another living player. All items can only be used once. Items carried by dead players are distributed randomly. What items the deceased had will not be made public. Not all players will start with an item.

Items:
Knife: Used to kill a player once. Cannot be used simultaneously with a Mutineer kill.
Silver Powder: If carried, player is immune to shade kills. Only consumed if the player is inspected during a kill.
Intoxicant: Used to change a player's vote.

Order of Deaths: Eliminator -> Lynch -> Knife -> Shade 

Signups end 8pm EST June 11th.

Quick Links:

Edited by Alvron

Joseph, the Former Fortman, and only survivor of the last Threnody game is signing up.

At Ripple's request, I'll be keeping a player list.:

Players:

• Master Elodin: Xailen Dava
  • Alias Sheep: Kelen Taldar(?)
  • TheOnlyJoe: Joseph
  • phattemer: Exisa
  • Mailliw: Ialim
  • Cloudjumper: Lark
  • Conquestor: Lorien
  • Winter Cloud: Kae and Cleo
  • TheMarvelousLopen: Lopen
  • Elbereth: Crepuscula
  • Sart: Sam Trudite
  • Mckeedee123: Mekel Moss
  • TheYoungBard: Yon
  • Zas678: Zas
  • Deathclutch19: Sir Ulrich von Liechtenstein
  • Bugsy6912: Beckett
  • TheSilverDragon: Peter
  • Amanuensis: Innocent
Edited by The Only Joe

<p>

Joseph, the Former Fortman, and only survivor of the last Threnody game is signing up.

At Ripple's request, I'll be keeping a player list.:

Players:

• Master Elodin: Xailen Dava
  • Alias Sheep: Kelen Taldar
  • TheOnlyJoe: Joseph
  • phattemer: Exisa
Which one was that? I survived the original Shades game, QF6.

Count me in. Ialim is here.

Edited by Mailliw73

Well you died since then, as did Aonar.

As you might be able to tell, I've been tapped to help with flavortext and wrtiteups, so if you have a request, send it to ripple or I, and we'll make it happen.

Forgery of the story, fine. :P

I'd like my Shade(which is apparently a thing now ;)) to be the one to kill me, should I die.

"damnation it, Kae!" Cleo shouted as they ran around the corner. She flared tin and the forest's detailed cleared. Her skin cooled as the cold became clearer. "I told you we should never have come here." 

"We needed to," he shouted, over their ragged breaths. The shades followed them, eyes glowing red. "Just fill your identity already." 

"I can't -- I lost my aluminummind when we ran." 

"damnation-- you sure you don't have any copper?" he shouted. Cleo glared at him. 

"Just shut up and run!" she yelled, ducking down as a hand reached out for them. Another shade came straight towards where they were. Cleo swore a series of words so vile that a sailor would start crying in embarrassment. Kae would've nodded in appreciation, but he screamed when they were forced to split up. 

"Cleo!" he yelled after her. 

"Kae!" she shouted back, trying to reach through to him. "Not again!" 

"I'll find you, Cleo, just get somewhere safe, now--" 

"RUN!" she shouted and sprinted around the corner. She saw a blue line in the woods. Metal. Silver. Allomantically inert, but she could Pull herself towards it. She had a little bit of iron left resting in her stomach and she leaped into the air, flaring on the metal and Pulling herself towards the silver. 

It started to fly towards her, but she also flared Steel and Pushed it onto the ground at the same time. The combination of pressures made it stay for long enough for her to fly into the camp on the other side. She breathed in and out as she landed, rolling over onto her side. She had a long wound down her side and she burned pewter. 

She covered it up. Blood was bad. She knew that was something important here. But she needed something either aluminum or some copper. She reached into her boots, where she had a special pocket with metal powders in it. It had all of the metals in one vial and she drank it down, burning copper. 

Safe. 

She needed to go and find Kae, so she moved to leave. Someone grabbed her and kept her from leaving. 

"I'm safe," she told him. 

"You're bleeding," he told her. 

"I'm immune to them now -- I could walk out there and they wouldn't even see me," she tried to convince him. 

"That's impossible," he said. 

"Sorry about this," she said, "but Kae needs me." She threw a punch, swift and pewter enhanced. He fell limp and she moved to run. Someone moved to fight her, but she kicked him and he fell to the ground. She pulled out a knife and put it to his chest. People surrounded her. 

"Help!" he gasped out. She pressed the knife closer in. 

"I'll slit your throat without a second thought," she warned him. "I'm already too far gone." She used her other hand to let down her hood and let her spikes show. She grinned a crooked grin. 

People gasped at her face. Disfigured. 

"Now, let's go find my boyfriend, alright?" she said. 

"She's a monster!" someone gasped. She kicked her hostage in the leg and it snapped in two. He screamed and fell to the ground, crying in agony. 

"That's probably right," she said. "You want to try me? Go find Kae. He looks like me, but taller and heavier built. Same spikes. Same racial traits." 

Nobody moved. 

"NOW." 

-- 

And the Cleo and Kae fabulous duo return! Slightly more murderous than you last saw them.

Edited by Winter Cloud

Don’t Kindle Flames.

Don’t run at Night.

Don’t shed the Blood of another.

Three simple rules keep a man safe from Shades in the Forests of Hell.

But so easy to break.

Not to be EXTREMELY UNNECESSARILY nit picky, but I'm pretty sure it's just don't shed blood, it still counts if you're shedding your own blood.

(again, very nit picky)  

Cleo paced back and forth. 

She didn't want to kill the poor hostage. He was pathetic. 

She still wanted Kae back. She was running low on copper and she didn't know if she could stay safe for much longer. She still had a little bit of aluminum dust that she could use, but it's difficult keeping hold of something small. 

"He's gone," came back the search team. "The shades must've got him." 

"He probably worldhopped. I'll get a message from him later," she said, still kinda worried. Maybe she should call in some debts/extortions from fellow worldhoppers from around Therondy. 

"Or maybe you can not kill me?" the hostage asked. 

"Fine," she said, cutting him free. "I need to think." She headed into a tent, kicked out the person who was living there, and thought. A lot. 

Not to be EXTREMELY UNNECESSARILY nit picky, but I'm pretty sure it's just don't shed blood, it still counts if you're shedding your own blood.

(again, very nit picky)  

No it doesn't. It's don't shed the blood of another. Nosebleeds don't kill you, nor do women die if they're out in the woods when they have their period. Both of those examples are explicitly mentioned in the text right after it says it's okay to shed your own blood.