KnightRadiant

Sanderson "Would you Rather"

404 posts in this topic

Hey Sharders!

I assume you all know how to play "would you rather", but I'm going to explain anyway. One person asks a question--it can be from the books, about the characters, or about Brandon himself ( though I'm not sure how you'd manage that)--then the next person answers that question and asks their own, and so on. Try to keep possible spoilers to a minimum.

I'll start with an easy enough question: Would you rather be a Lightweaver or a Windrunner?

Windrunner. Those Surges seem much simpler to use.

Would you rather be of the 8th Heightening or be a Lerasium Mistborn?

Lerasium Mistborn. More fun.

Would you rather be a Forger or use ChayShan?

Forger. I probably wouldn't be able to perform most of ChayShan's moves. 

Would you rather live on Nalthis or on (Wax&Wayne) Scadrial?

Scadrial. I'd like to see the mists, and the magic system is awesome.

Would you rather be able to meet Brandon Sanderson, but have to throw Words of Radiance at him the moment you said "hi", or go to two signings with only getting one book signed?

Edited by KnightRadiant

Go to two book signings. I get to meet Sanderson twice, without throwing anything at him!

Would you rather go for a month without being on the Shard or go for a month without reading any Sanderson stories?

I would rather go for a month without reading any Sanderson stories.

Would you rather live your whole life without Breath or be a darkeyed soldier in Sadeas's army?

Hm, live without breath. I like life, plus you can still live pretty normally without breath without dying in war.

Would you rather be a windrunner or a twinborn of your choice?

Edited by CalypsoDreaming

Twinborn mainly because I would really want to be an A pewter F iron twinborn.

Would you rather have a leresium bead ( that you can burn) or have nightblood with a few hundred breathes.

Lerasium, it´s just more usefull for normal life

Would you rather have a Seon or a Spren (which will talk with you but won´t bond with you)

A Seon.

Would you rather fight a chasmfiend with only a Shardblade (a dead one) or be stranded outside in a highstorm?

Fight the Chasmfiend.

Would you rather be an Edgedancer or an Elsecaller?

Elsecaller. Transportation and Transformation sound way cool.

Would you rather own a Shardblade or a Lifeless or two?

A shardblade. The average lifeless is, while certainly better than a normal soldier, not as powerful as a shardblade, and come to think of it a lot more creepy. A shardblade on the other hand is worth fighting wars over on a planet like roshar, and capable of slicing through more or less anything.

Would you rather have the third heightening or be a tin savant?

Edited by Drake Marshall

Tin Savant. Enhanced senses are way cooler than perfect pitch and colour recognition. 

Would you rather eat Chull head or chouta?

Tin Savant. Enhanced senses are way cooler than perfect pitch and colour recognition. 

Would you rather eat Chull head or chouta?

Chouta.  It's seafood in secret sauce, depending on the sauce, what's not to like?  (assuming of course that Herdazians don't have chicken)

Would you rather be a Radiant right after the Recreance, or a post-Reod Elantrian?  

Post-Reod Elantrian. In that case, I would probably become Hoed, then (maybe) come back later.

Would you rather clean Adolin Kholin's Shardplate, or be a skaa worker during the Final Empire?

I'd rather clean the Shardplate, at least I wouldn't get beat daily.

Would you rather spend a night in the Forests of Hell, or a Highstorm?

I think I'd take the Forests. At least there a regular, non-Radiant person would stand a chance of surviving if they had the right knowledge.

Would you rather be a high-ranking lackey for Steelheart in Newcago or take an unguided visit through the Library of Alexandria (as seen in Alcatraz)?

I think I'd take the Forests. At least there a regular, non-Radiant person would stand a chance of surviving if they had the right knowledge.

Would you rather be a high-ranking lackey for Steelheart in Newcago or take an unguided visit through the Library of Alexandria (as seen in Alcatraz)?

Lackey - lots of privilege and little responsibility. [note: I have not read the Alcatraz series... sorry!]

Would you rather only have a sequel to Warbreaker or Elantris (as in, whichever one you don't pick never has a sequel)

Warbreaker. I want to know how 

Nightblood got to Roshar.

Would you rather know Hoid's real name, or Dalinar's Nightwatcher Boon and Bane?

Edited by WayneSpren

Warbreaker. I want to know how 

Nightblood got to Roshar.

Would you rather know Hoid's real name, or Dalinar's Nightwatcher Boon and Bane?

Dalinar's Boon and Bane.  Hoid's name is less important than the rest of him.  

Would you rather: drain into a goldmind, or drain into a bronzemind?  

Argh, difficult choice! I think I would choose to have a Warbreaker sequel, given the epilogue to WoR... Whoops, didn't realize there was another page to this topic.

Answering Landis's question now: I'd much rather drain into a bronzemind, since "sleepy" is kind of my natural state of being anyway.

Would you rather have to choose one Sanderson book to be the only book you read for the rest of your life, or not be allowed to read ANY Sanderson books for the rest of your life?

Edited by Sunbird

I could probably read WoR quite a few times over, but still that wouldn't really be enough, so probably the second option.

Would you rather serve odium or ruin?

Yeesh... the questions are getting harder! Hmm... Ruin. I don't know how to make a spoiler tag, so I won't give my reason.

Would you rather be a Parshendi in stormform, or a kandra with only one spike?