Random Baseless Predictions: Reckoners Edition

Caevita

This is really just gonna be what it says on the tin.  I spout nonsense, you either shoot me down, spout your own nonsense, or both.  Or, heck, maybe I'll even get one of these right.

1.  David is an assumer.  Specifically, he takes on the powers of those he kills (or those who die near him?  Not sure of the specific mechanics) and his power set as we know it now, while impressive, is something like one tenth what it could be/is.

Main evidence: I still don't really understand how Steelheart's powers are "thematically appropriate" for David.  I mean, I realize Steelheart was the obsession of his adolescence, but I would have bet good money, coming into Calamity, that his power was going to work specifically against other epics-- something a lot like Wiper's powers, actually.  It didn't happen exactly how I'd envisioned it (when does it?) but it still feels like his powers should have more epic interactions.

Main problems: Steelheart died before David became an epic (or before his phobia of water started, since the exact time he became an epic is unclear).  This could be worked around (say, something about carrying that metal skull around triggered his assuming), but it is still probably enough to kill this one.  Gonna pretend it isn't though!

2.  The pain caused by a motivator is, if not gone, much more manageable following the exit of Calamity

Main evidence: Well, this one is just one of those things that feel like they "should" be so.  The pain made a lot of sense in a dystopian mess like what the Reckoners lived in, but it's a little out of place in something more like Invocation's world.  Specifically, the pain feels like an extension of the innate Epic selfishness.  Twins having to ignore their powers completely to protect one another would just be frustrating for all parties involved.

Main problems: No evidence.

3.  Mizzy's powers turn her into a... I don't actually remember her exact quote but she's a martial artist/ninja thing, something along those lines.

Main evidence: it'd be hilarious.

Main problems: no evidence.

4.  Invocation's world has no repeats when it comes to the main Reckoner crew.  I'm not even going to separate arguments for and against.  This is  easily my least well-founded theory to date, and it only makes sense once you consider what horrors would be wrought on a world with two Codys in it come crossover days.  All joking aside, I really do wonder-- David is alive in one, Blain is alive in one, ditto Tia, Prof, Tavi, and technically Megan/Firefight. That leaves Cody, Abraham, and Mizzy vs. Val, Exel, and Sam.  Cody/Abraham and Val/Exel/Sam were the ones from different cells, so it's semi-plausible that one set lived and the other died.  Also Mizzy is an epic now, which raises the chance she would have been mentioned, had she still been around.

5.  Related to #4 (in a way), Obliteration is a dimension-jumper.

Main evidence: 1- he recognized David and Megan at the party (even though they were wearing faces from another dimension) and 2- this way, he maintains relevance after things go multi-verse.

Main problems: he didn't seem to have a motivator when he was fighting the Reckoners in Invocation-verse.

Well, I think that's about it.  As I said at the top, feedback and additional theories would be very welcome.  (especially if someone could give me the exact Mizzy quote, can't remember it for the life of me).

Am I the only one who thinks Mizzy should have the power to weaponize cookies and summon sentient tacos? 

Well, I don't know whether you're the only one but I do know that at least one person does not think that.

(Nah that actually sounds hilarious.  Very... Mizzy).

• Chaos locked this topic