So does the player who gets Detained for that Night get notified of that when the Night begins?

Good question. I'll say no, as you won't get detained until the night cycle when actions go through. The Whitecloak just decides to target you during the day. ;)

Also got more updates and clarifications in the OP and 2nd post. Read carefully! :P

Edited by Gamma Fiend

I'd like to sign up please. I'll just be Gunshy.

Welcome to the forums! You've picked a good game to get started on! ;)

To help you get used to things, here's a link to the General Rules of the Sanderson Elimination games we run here in this section of the forums, and here's a link to the Rules of the 17th Shard in general, which are always in effect in these games as well.

Good luck and have fun! Also feel free to ask if you have any other questions on getting started.

Edit: Also it never hurts for all of our players to review the Etiquette Policies we have in effect here as well, before the game begins and murder and betrayal start flying around!

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Again, apologies if my RP was completely inconsistent with the host world. Looking back, there are likely monsters in this book considering it's setting, so my character might seem a bit off in that last post. Still, I'm hoping the monsters wouldn't be considered monsters, per say, any more than sharks or lions or any creature of our world, regardless of their apparent monstrosity to other worlders

Wolves are in the setting, are very intelligent and are feared, but are good aligned creatures. Usually have golden eyes. Then there's Trollocs, which are mythical creatures from the Breaking of the World. Legend has it that they are horrific blend of man and beast created by the Dark Lord to punish man.

Wolves are in the setting, are very intelligent and are feared, but are good aligned creatures. Usually have golden eyes. Then there's Trollocs, which are mythical creatures from the Breaking of the World. Legend has it that they are horrific blend of man and beast created by the Dark Lord to punish man.

Thanks! I haven't read the series either and just decided to make my RP more interesting.

Mayor Twim Cabelen groaned with effort as he finished hauling the last giant sack of dirt out of the wheelbarrow and plopping it down onto the ground, a large puff of dust and dirt spitting up into the air on impact. He stoop upright, fishing his lucky kerchief out of his back pocket, wiping the streams of sweat rolling down his brow and into his eye. By the light is it a hot one today, Twim silently cursed, tucking the kerchief away and donning his hat. It was a nice straw hat, finely woven and with a low, wide brim, perfect for getting any comfort you could while toiling underneath that bloody sun.

Twim had always been a fine upstanding Queen's man, born and raised in Andor through and through. Despite most people saying he took after his mother, with his mop of unruly darker hair -- almost black -- and the matching dark eyes and hooked nose, no, he was always mistaken for a Saldean instead of Andoran. But he had been born and raised a Queen's man, through and through. Why, he had even gone and fought off the bloody, savage aiel in the Aiel Invasion about.... Had that really been twenty years ago? Twim thought to himself with a start. That war had left many scars, and not all were visible. The Wheel weave as the Wheel wills. He thought with a silent prayer to the Creator.

It seemed like time had a way of flowing by, passing unseen until next thing you knew it was two decades later and you were the bloody mayor of some bloody small village in the middle of disputed territory. The village of Drell's Crossing was situated right along the bank of the River Erinin, with the large, expanding Braem's Woods a handful of leagues to the north, Drell's crossing was right on the ever-fluxuating borders of either Camelyn, or Cairhien, depending on who's maps you looked at and what part of the year. That made the town no stranger to the dangerous game of Daes Dae'Mar. The Great Game that the Nobles and houses -- great or small -- seemed to play in their sleep, smiling at each other with false grins and open suspicion and bold lies, meanwhile stabbing each other in the back with no remorse.

No, Twim was no stranger to that dangerous game.

With a vague sense of deja vu, shaking the sudden images from his dreams before, Twim refused to acknowledge the bloody, horrible visions from his mind. Flaming ashes, next thing you know you'll be looking over your shoulder the bloody Dragon Reborn,he laughed to himself, dispelling the foolish thoughts and waving amiably toward the strolling villagers walking by.

By the light, he was the flaming mayor, he told himself. He can't be spooking himself out because of bloody dreams and silly, rogue thoughts. Despite not being able to shake the itching sensation of eyes at his back, staring like daggers out of the darkness, waiting in the shadows. But he wasn't going to let that show, and he would remain stalwart and resolute, giving the people of the village a leader to look forward to and lead them through whatever lay ahead. The winter had been long, seeming to drag on and on, freezing and beating the crops down again and again, giving the smallest yields from harvest Twim had ever seen. Wolves had roamed freely and harassed farmers and even the village sometimes, running up in the dark of night, slaughtering any sheep or cattle, or anything edible, then slinking away, rejoining the packs off in the hills, howling their eerie song to the moon and keeping the villagers up long into the night.

But he wasn't going to let himself think about that, or all of the new strangers seeming to show up in town recently, and more of them hanging around than usual. At first, Twim had taken them for Hunters for the Horn, some fool kid or wannabe adventurer always set out every year to go seek the legendary Horn of Valere, a mythical golden horn whose beautiful music was said to be able to bring back all of the dead Heroes throughout the Ages, and call them to battle to fight evil and darkness. Twim hoped the next didn't exist, or at least if it did, it was never found. Because it was said that it would be used to fight The Dark One at Tarmon Gai'don, The Final Battle. But the Dark One was sealed in time at the moment of creation by the Creator, him and the 13 Forsaken. He remembered all of the terrible stories growing up, the legends of the Dragon. Lews Therin Telamon.

A name used to scare children -- and grown men, even if they didn't want to admit it -- ever since The Breaking. The arrogance of man, and the Dark One's backlash, forever tainting  the male half of the one power, Saidin, driving all men crazy and forever changing the world, bringing civilization and mankind to the brink of extinction. But the perseverance of man, and many would say the Aes Sedai, the female channelers who wield the female source of power, Saidar. Twim knew better himself, and knew to avoid Aes Sedai at all cost. They may always tell you the truth, but it might not be the truth you think you're hearing, and it will cost you more than you ever thought you agreed to,  that's what his father had taught him, and that's what he believed. He might be a good Queen's man, and everybody knew the Queen used an Aes Sedai advisor, but that was court, and politics. And Daes Dae'mar, of course. Everybody knew the power of the White Tower, and knew to never cross a delegate of Tar Valon.

But Twim couldn't let any of that distract him, of course. He had a village to attend to and take care of, despite the nagging feeling and growing sense of paranoia he just couldn't shake. The Wisdom kept telling him there was a storm coming, despite the sun being sunny without a cloud in the sky. Mayor Twim couldn't quite disagree.

Don't mind me, just getting some RP in before the game begins, help get some of the setting and exposition set up to help people out, and get the creative juices flowing! :D

Edited by Gamma Fiend
Typos

Welcome to the forums! You've picked a good game to get started on! ;)

To help you get used to things, here's a link to the General Rules of the Sanderson Elimination games we run here in this section of the forums, and here's a link to the Rules of the 17th Shard in general, which are always in effect in these games as well.

Good luck and have fun! Also feel free to ask if you have any other questions on getting started.

Edit: Also it never hurts for all of our players to review the Etiquette Policies we have in effect here as well, before the game begins and murder and betrayal start flying around!

Welcome to the forums, dude! (This is an IRL friend I've been telling to sign up for awhile)

Thanks guys, and also please tell me if I screw up on something, as this is my first game of Sanderson Elimination. Like Bugsy, I haven't read this series and am virtually clueless when it come to RP, but I guess I'll give it a shot anyway. 

Thanks guys, and also please tell me if I screw up on something, as this is my first game of Sanderson Elimination. Like Bugsy, I haven't read this series and am virtually clueless when it come to RP, but I guess I'll give it a shot anyway. 

Don't worry about screwing up, that's how you learn what not to do :P

Seriously, though, you'll figure it out really quick. It's tons of fun once you do ;)

Gunshy sat in in his shop waiting for customers that rarely came. It was a hot day, and nobody liked to be stuck outside in the sweltering heat, including himself. Occasionally someone would stop in, but nobody ever bought anything. He was a dirt salesman (the finest there was in his opinion), but business had been slow lately. He was sitting at the counter, deep in thought when he noticed someone outside on the corner shouting about something. "Eh, probably one of those 'The End Is Near' types" he thought. But wait, this man had actually drawn a crowd. He couldn't make out what the man was saying, so Gunshy decided to get a closer look. 

As he approached the corner, he saw that the man held aloft a dusty pouch, gesturing wildly with it as he continued to rave. As he listened, Gunshy soon realized that the man was selling dirt! His product! "No, no, NO! This cannot be happening" he thought. Furious, he stormed back to his shop. He punched the back wall of the shop in an act of pure anger... and immediately regretted it. He sat back down behind the counter, clutching his hand and still fuming. "I've got to up my game," he thought. "I know! Buy one bucket of premium dirt for the price of two, and get the second free!" He closed up shop and went into town to get the signs made, being careful to avoid the corner where he had seen his new competition. 

On his walk back from the sign shop, Gunshy saw something quickly dart into an alleyway. He couldn't tell what it was, but whatever it was. it was fast, almost inhumanly so. Intrigued, Gunshy decided to see if he could follow it. He followed the alleyway for a bit, until it suddenly dead-ended. Confused, he wondered what could have happened to they figure he had seen enter the alleyway. He decided that it was none of his business, and went back to his shop. However, on the way back, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching him. 

Once back at his shop, Gunshy, being the paranoid type, dead-bolted the door behind him. He knew if something was coming after him, the deadbolt wouldn't stop it, but he figured that the sound of the door being smashed to bits would let him know something was here. Then quickly realizing how foolish and paranoid he was being, Gunshy unbolted the door to allow any customers in. He had noticed that he had been a bit more jumpy and paranoid lately. Taking his usual seat behind the counter, he began to wonder why. Maybe it was because of those terrible dreams he'd been having lately. He knew they were just dreams, and that they were nothing but scenarios his hyperactive imagination had put together, but they seemed so lifelike lately. The gory scenes of battle haunted both his day-dreams and his night-dreams. 

Just then, a customer entered asking about the new sale, and startling Gunshy out of his daydreams. He'd have more time to think about his strange dreams later. For now, his first customer of the day had arrived, and hopefully it was not his last customer of the day. 

This is my first attempt at an RP,. Apologies if I was inconsistent with anything in the books, as I have yet to read them. Either way, how did I do for my first RP?

Edited by GunshyMink74

I want to sign up as Cubik Rube.  This is my first Sanderson Elimination, but I have read through the general rules.  Please tell me if I make a mistake.

Welcome! And everyone makes mistakes, so don't worry. I'll just put your name in red if I ever see you make a mistake. ;)

My character's name will be Jak. :D

So I'm going to try something I think is interesting for this game. I will be playing this as if my primary focus is finding and killing Padan Fain (so long as this is cool with Gamma). I want to treat it as my own personal win condition, even if it doesn't match my actual one, though with that in mind I promise I won't let it affect the game in a way that it might break it. I just think it's a good opportunity to try something new for myself and that it will encourage me to RP, as it is my intent to only post in character. With that and the fact that the internet will be down at my workplace for an indefinite amount of time, please expect that I won't be as present / vocal as usual. Regardless I very much look forward to this.

Edited by Amanuensis

...Timing. I didn't realize until now that the game starts the same day I go traveling. So, for the first four days (until Sunday afternoon American-times) or so of this game, my activity will be basically unpredictable. I might be just as active as normal (although likely not as omnipresent). I might have one post in the entire time. At the moment, I have no way of knowing. But know that if I'm inactive, that's why. :( Sorry.

Aman, that might be awkward if you are Padan Fain. I sort of hope Gamma does that now, just to see your reaction...

Who? Me? Why I would never do anything like that.... :ph34r:

Also, great timing, with 2 games just ending! Plenty of time for people to sign up for this game still! :D