Games Of Thrones

Quiver

So... is anyone else watching season six of Game of Thrones?

Considering we have no offically passed beyond the realm of the books, I've started watching it; kinda curious if I'm alone, or if anyone is checking it out as well.

Is it just me or plot got a lot faster? Theon just teleported to Iron Islands from Winterfell in the same time it took Brianne, Sansa and... urgh, Brianne's squire (cannot remember his name, really) to ride from WInterfell to the Castle Black.

His name is Podrick :)

I watch GoT since the very begining. After watching season 1 I read the books. Knowing how long everyone had to wait for Dancing with dragons and lack of good news about Winds of Winter I had no hesitations to keep watching into season 6. I just hope that there won't be any huge differences between the show and the book when it'll come out.

Watching that scene in tonight's episode where the White Walkers are created, I couldn't help but think, "See, what ya got there is hemalurgy."

Because Leaf pushed the dragonglass through the man into the weirwood tree, and that's how the White Walkers were created.  Granted, that's kind of hemalurgy in reverse, since the person receiving the power was pierced first, but still.

Tears were shed during this episode.

Summer AND Hodor? That's two direwolves this season! All that's left is Ghost and Nymeria, who hasn't been seen since early season one. And Hodor. Poor, poor Hodor. I'm much more interested in Bran's story than I thought I would be. This was definitely one of the best episodes so far.

Tears were shed during this episode.

Summer AND Hodor? That's two direwolves this season! All that's left is Ghost and Nymeria, who hasn't been seen since early season one. And Hodor. Poor, poor Hodor. I'm much more interested in Bran's story than I thought I would be. This was definitely one of the best episodes so far.

I keep wondering:

Will any direwolf survive this series? At least not die an incredibly violent death?

I keep wondering:

Will any direwolf survive this series? At least not die an incredibly violent death?

I'm unsure whether or not we'll see Nymeria again, so we might be able to fantasize about her living a nice life in the wild. I think I would actually lose it if Ghost died. With the upcoming conflict between Jon and Ramsay, I'm worried for Ghost.

Also, I'm sure many of you saw this, but was Summer's death symbolizing that Winter has come?

Regarding one of the death's:

Summer had to die from a story standpoint, it is the symbolic nod that Winter is no longer coming, Winter is here.

And the other:

I'm very interested to see the effect Willis' death will have on Bran. If you go back and look at his face it is pretty clear that he knew that warging into Willis would break his mind but also that he needed to do it. That has to be rough on his psyche.

Edited by Iron Eyes

I'm unsure whether or not we'll see Nymeria again, so we might be able to fantasize about her living a nice life in the wild. I think I would actually lose it if Ghost died. With the upcoming conflict between Jon and Ramsay, I'm worried for Ghost.

Also, I'm sure many of you saw this, but was Summer's death symbolizing that Winter has come?

I'm afraid we'll witness a fight: Ghost vs. Ramsay's dogs :/

Who's spiking all those characters with Elsecalling? One moment (last episode) Petyr is in the Valley, the next moment he is close to the Wall (Mole's Town). C'mon.

Hodor didn't make me even teary eyed. A nice scene, well-written, but that's all.

Also, we have a Stable Time Loop now with "Hold the door"/"Hodor". I wish they didn't go there with time travel shenaningans.

I'm irritated that another plotline gets chopped. Bran, hold the IdiotBall. When a 1,000 year old Lord Commander of the Watch who has been guiding you since you broke your spine and is friends with Children Of the Forest you thought extinct and merged with the tree you happen to worship tells you not to do something, rusting LISTEN! Why can't we have even one character who can succeed in something? I'm totally calling that Arya will mess something up.

Meeren... I don't get what and why's Tyrion doing what he's doing.

I was surprised to see the creation of White Walkers. I thought they were a part of some force of nature, but since they are not and we're already getting explanations, I want to know how valyrian steel is their weakness.

*looks at the post* It looks like I'm complaining much, is it? I actually liked the episode :ph34r:

They've already ruined so many story lines that there is no turning back, the books and the show will be very different from here on out.

BUT OH MY GOD HOLD THE DOOR. I saw a grown man cry last night over this one, as well as myself of course, but I mean its more than just sad.  This entire mans life has been spent stuck in that one moment where he sacrifices himself for others.  As if you didn't feel bad enough for the poor soul, just thinking he was brain damaged, but now we know that he was living that moment of his own death for years and years. Horrible.

Also, I second the earlier comment about the white walkers being created with hemalurgy... that was literally the first thing that popped in my mind when they started for his chest!  My boyfriend (who does not read Sanderson, burn him) was utterly confused by my shout out about that haha.

They've already ruined so many story lines that there is no turning back, the books and the show will be very different from here on out.

If you were refering to my post, I want to explain my point: it's not about the show ruining books' plotlines.

I'm talking about the whole premise of the plot. Everybody fails. The moment when somebody becomes main character, whatever (s)he's planning will fail (if lucky) and backfire (unlucky). Nobody succeedes in anything. It's boring and predictable. It's like watching Greek tragedy, but one which lasts for years and introduces new characters when the previous ones die.

If you were refering to my post, I want to explain my point: it's not about the show ruining books' plotlines.

I'm talking about the whole premise of the plot. Everybody fails. The moment when somebody becomes main character, whatever (s)he's planning will fail (if lucky) and backfire (unlucky). Nobody succeedes in anything. It's boring and predictable. It's like watching Greek tragedy, but one which lasts for years and introduces new characters when the previous ones die.

Boring and predictable?

If you predicted the Hodor twist, you are either George R. R. Martin or a clairvoyant. And while terrible things do happen to characters we love, I wouldn't say they always fail. Arya made it to Braavos safe and sound, and while she dealt with some temporary blindness and rough training, she's been doing fine. Tyrion successfully escaped his execution. Sansa and Theon escaped Ramsay, at least for the moment. Dany has a new army. Jon Snow came back to life. Good things do happen, they are simply overwhelmed by the severity of some of the tragic moments.

I was actually referring to the few earlier posts in the thread where people were saying they were either wondering or commenting on how they would match up when the next book finally comes out and what not, sorry for the confusion I wasn't thinking about your post at all Edited by jaimeleecee

Boring and predictable?

If you predicted the Hodor twist, you are either George R. R. Martin or a clairvoyant. And while terrible things do happen to characters we love, I wouldn't say they always fail. Arya made it to Braavos safe and sound, and while she dealt with some temporary blindness and rough training, she's been doing fine. Tyrion successfully escaped his execution. Sansa and Theon escaped Ramsay, at least for the moment. Dany has a new army. Jon Snow came back to life. Good things do happen, they are simply overwhelmed by the severity of some of the tragic moments.

Well, we have just surpassed the realm of the books, so THINGS CHANGE, STANFORD PINES. THINGS...CHANGE.

Of course I don't predict the details, but I expected that Bran just couldn't normally finish his training. Something terrible had to happen.

Also, he seemed to be able to interact with the past. So I thought he probably will mess something up. Also because Bran wanted to stay longer in the visions, so I thought that at some point he would disobey Bloodraven somehow.

He saw Hodor talk and we know that right now Hodor couldn't.

I was expecting that Bran would be responsible for Hodor's Hodorness and that something terrible will happen and he won't finish his training.

So I was right. Of course, I didn't predict that those things will be the same thing, happening at once.

I'm calling that Arya will mess something up soon, probably. It's all set up.

Daenerys is just gathering armies and stuff, but I don't see her coming to Westeros anytime soon. That's her priority number one since her introduction all the way back at the beginning, so of course she can't just do that.

I'm not sure what Tyrion's doing right now with the Red Church, so IDK. Terrible things happened to him, though, on the way here. I wouldn't be too surprised if something terrible would happen to him soon.

Jon Snow is a special case. Also, he just died, so his quota of terrible things is fulfilled for now.

Theon also has a pretty miserable life right now, he's a wreck. I wouldn't count that as a success.

Sansa is with Jon Snow. As far as I'm concerned, Jon Snow is The One, so...

... and nothing of value was lost...

B)

It's...hard to disagree with that sentiment.

A guy on another forum was trying to ecruit people for an A Song of Ice and Fire Rpg, and I said it should be set in Dorne, "Cause no matter how badly we do it, we'll still have the satisfaction of being better than TV!Dorne."

Also...Night King confirmed to be a Stark? All of Bran's visions brought him to his family, and Nan did tell him in the books the Night King was (supposedly) from House Stark, so...

Well, we have just surpassed the realm of the books, so THINGS CHANGE, STANFORD PINES. THINGS...CHANGE.

Of course I don't predict the details, but I expected that Bran just couldn't normally finish his training. Something terrible had to happen.

Also, he seemed to be able to interact with the past. So I thought he probably will mess something up. Also because Bran wanted to stay longer in the visions, so I thought that at some point he would disobey Bloodraven somehow.

He saw Hodor talk and we know that right now Hodor couldn't.

I was expecting that Bran would be responsible for Hodor's Hodorness and that something terrible will happen and he won't finish his training.

So I was right. Of course, I didn't predict that those things will be the same thing, happening at once.

I'm calling that Arya will mess something up soon, probably. It's all set up.

Daenerys is just gathering armies and stuff, but I don't see her coming to Westeros anytime soon. That's her priority number one since her introduction all the way back at the beginning, so of course she can't just do that.

I'm not sure what Tyrion's doing right now with the Red Church, so IDK. Terrible things happened to him, though, on the way here. I wouldn't be too surprised if something terrible would happen to him soon.

Jon Snow is a special case. Also, he just died, so his quota of terrible things is fulfilled for now.

Theon also has a pretty miserable life right now, he's a wreck. I wouldn't count that as a success.

Sansa is with Jon Snow. As far as I'm concerned, Jon Snow is The One, so...

All fair points! Yeah, pretty much everybody alive has had something terrible happen to them at some point.