That leaves three orders:

Dustbringers

Stonewards

Truthwatchers

that aren't named after surges. It also leaves three surges:

Growth/Regrowth

Transformation

Tension

that don't have a specific order focusing on them.

Renarin (truthwatcher) states that he "sees things."

That makes me wonder, do the other two orders have special powers too, or is it just a cool sounding name?

Interesting note, Windrunner's order name focuses on gravitation, and Lightweaver focuses on illumination. Kaladin's book focused on gravitation, and Shallan's focused on illumination.

Tell me what you think below.

They do, but where skybreakers specifically have break (divide) in their name, Dustbringers seem more destructive than devisive.

but dustbringer isn't their actual name. That is their nickname given by people who judge them harshly and they resented the similarity to voidbringer. Their actual name or more specifically what they called themselves are the Releasers. So through division they are releasing the bonds of what they target, thus dividing it. We also see the affect of their surges in the beginning of Way of kings. They seem to burn even rock. 

Edited by Pathfinder

Skybreakers. Their name coresponds to both of their Surges.

Also, I find the name of Edgedancers to be poetic - they have Growth (and Regrowth), they balance on the edge between life and death. But yeah, Abrasion and sliding around also works.

• Chaos locked this topic