MR 14: The Canim Fury

You are all legionnaires in the First Aleran. Since you were small, like all Alerans, you have been able to fury craft. For some, your skills have never progressed fair enough to manifest more than a basic fury. For others, you have trained for years, and have controls of furies enough to rival a Lord.

When you were recruited for the First Aleran, you never expected see any real combat. But then the Canim invaded, and the First Aleran was caught in the middle of a war. Your  half-century was sent behind enemy lines to learn what you could of enemy movements, and to find opportunity to hinder their forces. You have uncovered some information that Captain Scipio must get as soon as possible, but your enemy has discovered your presence. Not everyone made it out of the ambush they laid for you, and now you're trapped behind enemy lines, being hunted mercilessly. Making the most of your furycrafting, you were able to evade their initial chase, and have gained somewhat of a lead on them, but the path you need to take back is not going to be easy...

The Rules:
Cycles will be 48 hour combined Day-Night cycles.

There are two factions: Those Loyal to Captain Scipio, and Traitors seeking to bring down Captain Scipio. The traitors do not want the Captain to receive the intelligence gathered, and so their goal is to stop those Loyal from reaching the Captain at all costs, while still surviving to report the intelligence to their superiors.

-The Loyalists win once all of the Traitors are dead.
-The Traitors win if they outnumber the Loyalists.
-If neither side has claimed victory by the conclusion of the 8th cycle , both sides lose (their hunters catch up to them before they reach safety), unless a player scouts on the last cycle, in which the scouts team wins. 

Furycrafting:
There are 6 different types of furycrafting: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Metal, and Wood. Everyone has different abilities in fury crafting, and this differences are represented by 3 tiers. Each type of furycrafting has 3 tiers, each which has its own ability. Higher tiers have access to the abilities of the lower tiers.

The abilities are as follows:

Firecrafting - Knights Ignus
I. Each turn you may change one player's vote to another target of your choice.
II. Each turn you may attack one player.
III. Each turn you may attack one additional player.

Watercrafting - Knights Aqua
I. Each turn you may open a number of PMs. This number will vary between players.
II. Each turn you may to target a player to eavesdrop on any PM's they are involved in that were created by Watercrafting.
III. Each turn you may target a player. That player’s immune system is weakened. A player who has been affected by this ability twice becomes dependent on your healing abilities. When you die, any players dependent on you die the following cycle, and are unable to vote or put in actions during that cycle. This kill ignores all forms of protects. The weakening can be protected from, though ignores the passive M1 protect. 

Earthcrafting - Knights Terra
I. Each turn you may target a player. Any actions directed at that player will target you instead.
II. Each turn you may target a player. That player is protected from 1 attack.
III. On your turn, you may choose to scout ahead for this turn and the next. Actions targeting you this cycle and next fail, and it is publicly announced that you are scouting. While scouting you are unable to vote, put in actions, or post in thread, but can still participate in PMs. You can be lynched while scouting, but do not die until you return. You cannot scout the turn after you return from a previous scouting mission. Scouting on the last turn of the game allows you to reach camp early, causing their team to win.

Aircrafting - Knights Aeris
I. Each turn you may open a number of PMs. This number will vary between players.
II. Each turn you may target another player to eavesdrop on any PM's they are involved with created by Aircrafting.
III. Each turn you may target a player. You learn the type and tier of any actions that player takes, but not who they targeted.

Metalcrafting - Knights Ferrous
I. Once per game, you will survive a single attack made on you. This is a passive ability.
II. Each turn you may attack one player.
III. Each turn you may protect against two attacks. These could be the same person (including yourself), or two different players.

Woodcrafting - Knights Flora
I. Each turn you may hide a player (including yourself). Anyone actions targeting that player (other than their own) will fail.
II. Each turn you may target a player. Any actions performed by that player will fail.
III. On your turn you may redirect any actions taken by one player to another player of your choice.

When there’s a conflict between two things (tied lynch, multiple action/vote redirects on the same player each trying to shift to different players), the result will be decided by a coin flip.

Players are able to make 2 actions per cycle. Each tier counts as a separate action. You cannot use the same action twice.

Only players with Water or Windcrafting can open PM's. PM's can be made at any point during a cycle, up to the players limit. PM's are between you and one other player. Remember to include Elbereth and I in all PM's created. Label the type of crafting used in the PM title. For example: "MR14 Hael-Elb (Water)" or "MR14 Elb-Alv (Wind)". PM's remain open for 2 cycles (the one in which it is opened, and the next) before being closed, unless roleblocked or redirected. 

PM spies get both sides of the conversations their target was included in, but not the name of the other players in the conversations. 

The Traitors have a faction kill, and a doc to collaborate in.

The types of kills will be differentiated in the writeup (i.e. Lynch, Traitor, Wood,  Fire, Metal, Earth)

Order of Actions:
> Roleblocks/Redirects (W1, W2, W3, E1)
> Scouting (E3)
> Vote changes (F1)
> Lynch
> Protects (E2, M1, M3)
> Kills (Traitor kill, F2, F3, M2, Water3)
> Scans/Spying (A2, Water2, A3)

If Person A blocks Person B, and Person B was blocking Person C, Person A block Person B’s roleblock, so Person A’s actions go through.

Provided a redirect isn’t blocked or redirected, it happens before roleblocks. If two players attempt to redirect the same action(s), a higher tier gets priority, otherwise a coin flip decides the result.

Players can have more than one type of furycrafting, but every player will have at least one which will be designated their primary furycrafting. Each player's primary furycrafting will be public knowledge. Note that this will be the type of furycrafting, rather than what tier. 

Players with a Tier 3 fury can designate an heir. This does not take up an action, nor does it need to be announced publicly. Upon their death, their fury passes to their heir. If no heir is named, a recipient will be randomly chosen. The recipient will gain a Tier 2 version of the fury.

Players who are inactive for 48 hours will be 'left behind', and killed. For the purposes of this game, I am defining inactivity as not making any game relevant posts. Now I realize this is a reasonably strict filter, but I understand that sometimes life happens, and if you let me know, I'll make arrangements. You can post in thread, or send me a PM. 

I can neither confirm nor deny that there is or isn't any of, but not limited to, the following: Hidden Factions, Sleeper Agents, WMD , Vord

Elbereth will be Co-GMing! And Alv will be your Impartial Moderator.

Signups will last for a bit under a week. I may extend it by a day or two if numbers are too low, but hopefully we'll be fine!

cya_1463970600.png

Player List:

1. Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian)
2. Postea Nominatur (The Only Joe)
3. Aldric ex Gladio (Phattemer)
4. Amuro Ray (DeathClutch19)
5. Mailis Maxium (Mailliw73)
6. Praetoria (Hellscythe)
7. Straw (ThatTinyStrawMan)
8. Lexa & Heaven (Winter Cloud)
9. Thelus Ascheion (Master Elodin)
10. Lorn au Acros (Bugsy6912)
11. Parth (Conquestor)
12. Vorax Linnitax (cloudjumper)
13. Stella Fur (TheSilverDragon)
14. Mulciber (Burnt Spaghetti)
15. Sienis Trajan (Seonid)
16. Gammax (Gamma Fiend)
17. Glaive (Amanuensis)
18. Priam (TheMightyLopen)

Write ups:

Edited by Elbereth

No idea about the world this is set in, so my RPing may be slightly odd. 

Signing up as Lexa (lesbian) and Heaven (bisexual). They're girlfriends who are from an alternate reality and wander around, confused. Nobody really knows why they're there. 

And yes, the Winter is back. Cleo and Kae will return in the next Cosmere game I enter! 

With Tier 1 Watercrafting, can you create PMs you aren't involved in? 

If you are Tier 3 in Watercrafting, can you use Tier 1/2 abilities too?

I'll sign up as Mailis Maximus.

I've added the details to the rules. PM's are between you and one other player, and are closed at the end of each cycle.

Players are able to make up to 3 actions. You can use each tier once per turn. And yes, the idea is that a Tier 3 furycrafter has the Tier 1 and 2 abilities too.

I'm not familiar with the source material, but it's on my to-be-read list. Will this game contain major spoilers? If so, I should probably avoid playing

If it'll be mainly spoiler free, I'd love to sign up! Someone who's read the series, feel free to choose my name for me. Otherwise, I'll just make up a name last minute :)

Edit: I'll be Lydus Santoro

Edited by Bugsy6912

Do the wind and water PMs have to be between the person with the respective fury and one other, or could someone open a PM between 2 other people? Also, can 2 people have both a wind and water PM between them, or are they restricted to 1?

PMs are you and one other player. You could have multiple PMs, of either type, with the same person at the same time.

And welcome back, Winter o/

Edited by Haelbarde

Lexa held Heaven's hand as they walked around the camp. 

"LESBIANS!" someone shouted. 

"Half right," Heaven said, amused. "Do you know where we are anyway?" 

"No clue, my angel." 

"Maybe we should go talk to someone," Lexa suggested, walking over to the first person she saw. "Hello. I'm Lexa. This is Heaven, my girlfriend. Who are you?"