Joe, there is another problem with your analysis, what if some of those people are traitors? Also, just because the metal power gets a second life doesn't mean that they (me) are of the suspicion list. One other thing, don't forget about the guys that get two powers. All I'm saying is that we need to consider everything before rushing in. On another note, Araris .

Edit : Yes! Finaly I understand the mobile commands.

Edited by Conquestor

Jeez, that write-up was terrifying. I did not think that was going to turn out to be a dream. :/

I was thinking about killing Araris, just for the name, but then I decided he'd waited for this game too long. He, apparently, has no such compunctions! :P

I  figured that if someone was going to die as a result of my role, then I might as well make it somewhat thematic. I didn't even consider that other people might have the same role, haha.

That's an interesting analysis you have there Joe. I think that I agree with it for the most part.

Conquestor, just because there are traitors out there doesn't mean that we should sit back and not protect anybody. I mean, unless our Knights Ignis or Ferrous start going vigilante right away, the only kill out there belongs to the traitor team anyways. So protecting someone that is a traitor is no different from protecting somebody that is not targeted.

I have 3 finals in the next 30 hours, followed by my need to pack up and ride on a train for another 30 hours where I will have no internet. So I will try and avoid the inactivity filter, but I will be low profile through Tuesday, and completely inactive Wednesday.

I have 3 finals in the next 30 hours, followed by my need to pack up and ride on a train for another 30 hours where I will have no internet. So I will try and avoid the inactivity filter, but I will be low profile through Tuesday, and completely inactive Wednesday.

Like I have said, my main concern is people who just disappear. That you've let me know that you're busy for essentially cycle 2 is fine. If you are able to get a post in, that'd be nice, but it's not the end of the world. Just keep me posted and I'll keep the filter at bay. :) 

Interesting game mechanics, knowing one power everyone has.

For the time being, I'm just going to note vote for anyone, since there really hasn't been anything to go off of.

Also, it's probably best not to talk about who's getting protected in the thread, so pm me if you want protection. (PMs are nice)

Watercrafters (Straw, Mail) and Aircrafters (DC, Winter, Cloud, Seonid) are useful to the village because they can open up lines of communication between villagers. However, the air crafters are less useful than the watercrafters, since the Watercrafters can be healers as well. So I would put Mailliw and Straw on the threatening to Eliminators list as well, Mailliw more so because he's a lot more experienced than Straw.

Rereading this, I feel I should point out that at some point during the signup period, we adjusted most of the Tier 3 abilities (Earth 3 scouts, Wind 3 is a rolescan, etc.) Water 3 was changed from yet another protect to a poisoner-like kill.

Sorry again for all the confusion. When we came to trying to balance things, we had to fix problems that we'd not noticed before. I believe it's all good now. At the end of the cycle, I'll compile all the clarifications and rule changes, and get one of the mods to edit them into the signups post so that they are up to date, to reduce further confusion. 

Edited by Haelbarde

Fellow main-earthcrafters, I suggest we all protect each other. That way, if one of us dies, we'll know either the traitors have a roleblock(I am not as familiar with the powers as I should be, is there one?), an extra kill, or an earth rafter of their own. With that in mind, I'll protect Araris, Araris can protect Burnt, and Burnt can protect me. If either of you have an extra I suggest using it on the other person.

Rereading this, I feel I should point out that at some point during the signup period, we adjusted most of the Tier 3 abilities (Earth 3 scouts, Wind 3 is a rolescan, etc.) Water 3 was changed from yet another protect to a poisoner-like kill.

Sorry again for all the confusion. When we came to trying to balance things, we had to fix problems that we'd not noticed before. I believe it's all good now. At the end of the cycle, I'll compile all the clarifications and rule changes, and get one of the mods to edit them into the signups post so that they are up to date, to reduce further confusion.

Has the OP been updated with all the changes yet?

Fellow main-earthcrafters, I suggest we all protect each other. That way, if one of us dies, we'll know either the traitors have a roleblock(I am not as familiar with the powers as I should be, is there one?), an extra kill, or an earth rafter of their own. With that in mind, I'll protect Araris, Araris can protect Burnt, and Burnt can protect me. If either of you have an extra I suggest using it on the other person.

What if an eliminator IS an earthcrafter? They would be able to easily kill you. Doesn't sound safe to me. 

Has the OP been updated with all the changes yet?

Not yet. Although it isn't terribly outdated. It doesn't have the reduction to 2 actions per turn, the change to Tier 2 Earth so that it can't self protect, nor the edit for clarity for Water 3. For abilities, the most update version is in post 17 of this thread. I'll get it ready tomorrow (I'm going to be sleeping in about half an hour, and I've got a few other things to do first), and so then it'll be a matter of when the mods are around. I'll post in thread when it's been done.

To the earth mains, I personally don't think this would be ideal. One of the earth mains could be an Elim, and even if none of them were, the Elims could double stack (assuming they have a fury kill) and kill one, casting suspicion on the others who would actually be innocent

I have a question about pms. i was reading through powers and saw that one of the water powers is sneaking onto pms, how does that work?

Also, Araris, I was not suggesting that earthcrafters don't protect anyone on that list, I was just saying that some of those people might be an eliminator.

that get two powers. All I'm saying is that we need to consider everything before rushing in. On another note, Araris .

I did consider all those things. I'm certain at least one of the people on my protect list is a traitor, which is why I simply suggested to protect one of these people. And yes, I do know that some of these guys are lucky enough to have two powers, but unless they reveal that, the eliminators only know about the primary one I based my analysis off.

Phatt's idea Doesn't work though. Not that I can see. It inly defends the defenders, not the villagers who might have a kill, who we'll need soon, and if an earthcrafter dies, it could easily be a double tap, rather than a failed protection.

Edit; what the heck happened to my quote?

Edited by The Only Joe

Water...
5. Maill (Water)
7. ThatTinyStrawMan (Water)
Earth...
1. Araris Valerian (Earth)
3. Phatt (Earth)
14. Burnt Spaghetti (Earth)
Fire...
2. Joe (Fire)
6. Hellscythe (Fire) (It was gonna be red but red is for votes...)
16. Gamma Fiend (Fire)
Air...
4. DC  (Air)
15. Seonid (Air)
12. cloudjumper (Air)
8. Winter Cloud (Air)
And Metal and Wood?
9. Master Elodin (Metal)
10. Bugsy (Metal)
11. Conquestor (Metal)
13. SilverDragon (Wood)
17. Amanuensis (Wood)
18. Lopen (Wood)
Long ago, the sixish nations lived in harmony. Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Only Phattemer, Tier 1 of at least four elements could stop them. But when the world needed him most... He was role blocked.
(I vote we take out the water tribe first they seem outnumbered)

I think that's Hael, based off you stabbing him at the end.

Wow, Hellscythe, you'd kill me before the game began? Harsh.

Oh please we both know who I killed before the game began.

Well, let's review who should get protection.

I would argue that the Eliminators are going to mainly go for threats to their team. While that may take the form of eliminating experienced players, it sometimes doesn't when Powers are more applicable, or there are lots of experienced players on the eliminator team, and they want to hide. But, if an experianced player has a powerful role, they'll often attack them anyway, because they're a triple threat.

Of the six power types, They're going to avoid targeting Metalcrafters, since thy have an extra life, no matter what. Attacking them is going to get them a lot of attention, usually through either trust or WGG suspicions, which I would argue don't often work since They're always expected. That removes Elodin, Bugsby, and Conquestor from the obvious targets. 

Other than Metal, Fire is the only ability to be able to kill players, and while they want town vigilante's to kill other villagers, they don't want experienced vigilantes, since they tend to be better at killing eliminators. So that puts Joe, Hellscythe, and Gamma Fiend in danger. However, we can take Gamma off that list, I hope. Because seriously, He's just returned to SE. It would be an incredible jerk move to kill him N1, so I doubt he'll be targeted.

TL;DR
Primary Targets:
Joe, Hellscythe, Mailliw.

I like the third person talk, Joe. "So that puts Joe... in danger." 

I doubt they won't target Metal, it's probably the most op thing in this game if you ask me. Not only do they not add suspicion to themselves by not killing anyone early on, they get to take lives off that they would have to go through regardless.

I appreciate being selected as primary target for protection however I really shouldn't be a target for protection considering I don't have even Tier 2 Firecrafting. So I can change a vote. *fist pump* Take that Tier 1 Earthcrafting. Considering I got only Tier 1 Firecrafting I'm to assume other people got Tier 1 of whatever their startup crafting is as well and won't use crafting to base assumptions on who the eliminator team is.

Edit: Do the Air and Watercrafters want to tell us how many PM's they're allowed to make?

Edited by Hellscythe