Cycle One: Fire & Blood

Optio Dominus Framea Securis woke to the screams and yells of battle. The Canim can’t have caught up to us yet! he thought frantically. He stumbled out of his sleeping roll, buckling on his sword hastily and running out into the night and the awaiting screams.

What confronted him was a scene of horror. Blood everywhere and tents burning. Araris Valerian was right in front of him, running his sword through Aldric ex Gladio precisely and calmly while Glaive and Priam held him down, sending him toppling onto Mulciber’s burning corpse.

Before he could process anything else, Gammax and Amuro charged together after Priam, howling, while Araris was occupied with fending off Glaive. But Dominius’s arrival distracted him at a crucial moment, and he fell almost immediately.

Dominius made his way through the fighting to Mailis. “What happened?” he gasped.

Mailis tried to respond, but he couldn’t yell loud enough over the chaos. Then he dodged away, fending off Praetoria’s attack.

When Dominius had jumped out of the way of Lexa, Heaven, and Stella teaming up on Gammax and Parth. Parth managed to take down Lexa and Heaven by throwing them into the nearest boulder, but Stella stabbed Gammax with abandon, and Parth narrowly avoided the same fate.

Dominius drew his sword, but he didn’t even know who to attack. Now Sienis and Straw were ganging up on Amuro. Amuro, their friend. The world felt like it was collapsing around him.

Amuro fell quickly, but he was soon avenged. Vorax and Praetoria engaged with the other two almost immediately.

Dominius didn’t wait to see the results of that battle. He vaguely caught Glaive and Lydus going after Thelus, and Glaive falling to the ground.

But his attention was more caught by the small group of legionnaires at the side of the campground. Mailis, Postea, and Lucet Umbra were all huddled into the shadow of the cliff, away from the battle. Dominius headed towards them, hoping for some kind of explanation.

“What is the meaning of all this?” he demanded of Lucet, joining their little group.

“Traitors!” she spat. “Sir, it-” but she got no farther, or not that he heard. Postea had thrust a dagger directly into his side. He turned, trying to ask why, but he couldn’t seem to do anything but fall, and fall, and fall...

Dominius woke with a start, heart pounding, immediately leaping up and grabbing a weapon.  What was that? He looked around the little encampment at the sleeping bodies, focusing on Aldric. He waited until he was absolutely sure that the man was only sleeping, not dead.

He looked to the sky. It was light enough that they could move out. He shook the nearest soldier awake quietly, trying to forget the nightmare. “Time to break camp. Tell the others.”

Sorry for the delay! Cycle will be just under 48 hours long. Two important details to note: Earth Tier’s I and II have been modified. Also, players can only take up to 2 actions. PM’s going out ASAP.

Reminder: If you don’t post in a cycle, you get left behind, and killed.

Be sure to check the Player List!

Player List:

1. Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian) of the Knights Terra (Earth)
2. Postea Nominatur (Joe) of the Knights Ignus (Fire)
3. Aldric ex Gladio (Phatt) of the Knights Terra (Earth)
4. Amuro Ray (DC) of the Knights Aeris (Air)
5. Mailis Maxium (Maill) of the Knights Aqua (Water)
6. Praetoria (Hellscythe) of the Knights Ignus (Fire)
7. Straw (ThatTinyStrawMan) of the Knights Aqua (Water)
8. Lexa & Heaven (Winter Cloud) of the Knights Aeris (Air)
9. Thelus Ascheion (Master Elodin) of the Knights Ferrous (Metal)
10. Lorn au Volarus (Bugsy) of the Knights Ferrous (Metal)
11. Parth (Conquestor) of the Knights Ferrous (Metal)
12. Vorax Linnitax (cloudjumper) of the Knights Aeris (Air)
13. Stella Fur (SilverDragon) of the Knights Flora (Wood)
14. Mulicber (Burnt Spaghetti) of the Knights Terra (Earth)
15. Sienis Trajan (Seonid) of the Knights Aeris (Air)
16. Gammax (Gamma Fiend) of the Knights Ignus (Fire)
17. Glaive (Amanuensis) of the Knights Flora (Wood)
18. Priam (Lopen) of the Knights Flora (Wood)

red_1464143400.png

Edited by Alvron

was a cursor. Read the tags, most people apparently were. I was given the ability to make one kill before the game began. Which is stupid. And I told them so. I refused to make a kill on anyone, (Except Haelbarde) because it was basically just an option to stop a player from joining the game.

I was a cursor. Read the tags, most people apparently were. I was given the ability to make one kill before the game began. Which is stupid. And I told them so. I refused to make a kill on anyone, (Except Haelbarde) because it was basically just an option to stop a player from joining the game.

I was just kidding. I did the same thing. I refused to make a kill, specifying that I would kill no one, including the random one. Apparently there were a lot who actually made kills. They should've let the game go like that. :P it's have been fun to see.

Notice: Any roles received before the game started are no longer valid. That was entirely random and unbalanced. Roles and alignments have been rerolled, and you should have them now.

What would have happened:

Burnt was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Fire!

Phattemer was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Wood!

Haelbarde was a GM!

Lopen was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 3 Earth!

Strawman was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Water!

Deathclutch was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 2 Air!

Gamma was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 2 Air!

Amanuensis was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Earth!

Elodin was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Metal!

Winter Cloud was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 2 Water!

Hellscythe was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Fire!

Still want to see that game, Maill? :P

And Lucet Umbra is me. Sorry for not being clear. Dominius is Hael.

Edited by Elbereth

I was informed that if I didn't select a name, my kill would be made randomly. I tried to be as humane about it as I could, using an RNG to pick between players in one of the LGs and this... Now I'm feeling guilty for picking anyone

It was an amusing experiment, I think. To be clear, everyone was sent the same PM (albeit with a randomized furycrafting ability), and we watched with amusement people's reactions. And then the writeup was the result. Hopefully it was worth the wait. 

Everyone should have received a PM with the details of their actual role and alignment. 

A reminder to players with PM abilities to include the type of the PM in the title of the PM. 

And with voting, to remove a vote, don't edit the original vote. Post again, with the vote greened out. 

Hell is Praetoria, and I stabbed Haelbarde.

Anyway, as per usual, anyone want to make a PM with me please? Or protect me? It says I'm a knight Ignus, which means the eliminators are going to asume I have kill abilities, and so they're going to kill me before I do anything. But I only have a Tier 1 fury, so I can only change a vote.

Double posting because I fully expect to be ninja's, since I was ninja's four times. EDIT: Wow, I wasn't ninja'd.

Notice: Any roles received before the game started are no longer valid. That was entirely random and unbalanced. Roles and alignments have been rerolled, and you should have them now.

What would have happened:
Burnt was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Fire!
Phattemer was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Wood!
Haelbarde was a GM!
Lopen was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 3 Earth!
Strawman was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Water!
Deathclutch was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 2 Air!
Gamma was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 2 Air!
Amanuensis was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Earth!
Elodin was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Metal!
Winter Cloud was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 2 Water!
Hellscythe was a Loyal Cursor with Tier 1 Fire!

Still want to see that game, Maill? :P
And Lucet Umbra is me. Sorry for not being clear. Dominius is Hael.

Really guys? No one killed me? After everything I've done in three of the last four games, No one wanted to kill me? I'm insulted.

Edited by The Only Joe

My spreadsheet had a few errors in it, so the player list was wrong (it wasn't properly reporting player's furycrafting type).

This has now been fixed. Please let me know if you find any other inconsistencies.

Edit: Looking through the initial questions people asked in the troll round, it's possibly worth clarifying that if you have a Tier 3 fury, you don't have to name your heir in public, and choosing an heir doesn't take one of your two actions.

Edited by Haelbarde

I've found two more things I should probably clarify:
> The Earth Tier I doesn't work on PMs
> Tier 3 Water should read: Each turn you may target a player. That player’s immune system is weakened. A player who has been affected by this ability twice becomes dependent on your healing abilities. When you die, any players dependent on you die the following cycle, and are unable to vote or put in actions during that cycle. Note that players aren't notified when they become dependent. 

Edit: And there were errors in the PM sent out (had old versions of some tier 3 abilities, along with the Earth and Woodcrafting). All the PM's should have been fixed now. For reference, the ability rules:

Firecrafting - Knights Ignus
I. Each turn you may change one player's vote to another target of your choice.
II. Each turn you may attack one player.
III. Each turn you may attack one additional player.

Watercrafting - Knights Aqua
I. Each turn you may open a number of PMs. This number will vary between players.
II. Each turn you may to target a player to eavesdrop on any PM's they are involved in that were created by Watercrafting.
III. Each turn you may target a player. That player’s immune system is weakened. A player who has been affected by this ability twice becomes dependent on your healing abilities. When you die, any players dependent on you die the following cycle, and are unable to vote or put in actions during that cycle.

Earthcrafting - Knights Terra
I. 
Each turn you may target a player. Any actions directed at that player will target you instead.

II. Each turn you may target a player. That player is protected from 1 attack.
III. On your turn, you may choose to scout ahead for this turn and the next. Actions targeting you this cycle and next fail, and it is publicly announced that you are scouting. While scouting you are unable to vote, put in actions, or post in thread, but can still participate in PMs. You can be lynched while scouting, but do not die until you return. You cannot scout the turn after you return from a previous scouting mission. Scouting on the last turn of the game allows you to reach camp early, causing their team to win.

Aircrafting - Knights Aeris
I. Each turn you may open a number of PMs. This number will vary between players.
II. Each turn you may target another player to eavesdrop on any PM's they are involved with created by Aircrafting.
III. Each turn you may target a player. You learn the type and tier of any actions that player takes, but not who they targeted.

Metalcrafting - Knights Ferrous
I. Once per game, you will survive a single attack made on you. This is a passive ability.
II. Each turn you may attack one player.
III. Each turn you may protect against two attacks. These could be the same person (including yourself), or two different players.

Woodcrafting - Knights Flora
I. Each turn you may hide a player (including yourself). Anyone actions targeting that player (other than their own) will fail.
II. Each turn you may target a player. Any actions performed by that player will fail.
III. On your turn you may redirect any actions taken by one player to another player of your choice.

Edited by Haelbarde

Nevermind, I don't think SD gets on at this time of the day(night). So...Silverdragon. The Only Joe

I don't think you should get protection. You could be evil!

Edit: I see you there Burnt! Don't think I'm gonna let you get out of posting for this Cycle! :D

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Nevermind, I don't think SD gets on at this time of the day(night). So...SilverdragonThe Only Joe

I don't think you should get protection. You could be evil!

Well, let's review who should get protection.

I would argue that the Eliminators are going to mainly go for threats to their team. While that may take the form of eliminating experienced players, it sometimes doesn't when Powers are more applicable, or there are lots of experienced players on the eliminator team, and they want to hide. But, if an experianced player has a powerful role, they'll often attack them anyway, because they're a triple threat.

Of the six power types, They're going to avoid targeting Metalcrafters, since thy have an extra life, no matter what. Attacking them is going to get them a lot of attention, usually through either trust or WGG suspicions, which I would argue don't often work since They're always expected. That removes Elodin, Bugsby, and Conquestor from the obvious targets. 

Other than Metal, Fire is the only ability to be able to kill players, and while they want town vigilante's to kill other villagers, they don't want experienced vigilantes, since they tend to be better at killing eliminators. So that puts Joe, Hellscythe, and Gamma Fiend in danger. However, we can take Gamma off that list, I hope. Because seriously, He's just returned to SE. It would be an incredible jerk move to kill him N1, so I doubt he'll be targeted.

Watercrafters (Straw, Mail) and Aircrafters (DC, Winter, Cloud, Seonid) are useful to the village because they can open up lines of communication between villagers. However, the air crafters are less useful than the watercrafters, since the Watercrafters can be healers as well. So I would put Mailliw and Straw on the threatening to Eliminators list as well, Mailliw more so because he's a lot more experienced than Straw.

The woodcrafters can protect people, and I'd say about 50% of them will protect themself, and the other 50% will protect one of the people I'm arguing to be protected, so they're secondary targets to the eliminators.

The Earthcrafters are probably the best and worse threats to the eliminators we have. If they have Tier two Earth, they can protect a player, and themself at the same time. So unless the Eliminators have extra kills, (I'd bet on them having at least one, and not listed as their primary fury) Then they might target the Earthcrafters. (Araris, Phattamer and Spaghetti) But if they target a player who is being protected by someone else anyway, then they'll get two layers of protection.

TL;DR
Primary Targets:
Joe, Hellscythe, Mailliw.

Secondary Targets:
Amanuensis, Lopen

Tertiary Targets:
Straw and Dragon

In my opinion, Anyone with protection should protect one of the primary or secondary targets.

Now, I know what's going to be said. "Joe, you realize you've given the eliminators a list of who they should kill, and a list of where protection will likely be placed?" Yes, I do realize that. It's now a game of IKYK. The Eliminators have to guess if these players will be protected, and if they should instead attack someone else. But Information and analysis is the best weapon, so I'm saying this all anyway.

Oh, the Gm posted a clarification! Let's see what it is.

Sorry, we made a mistake in the rules. (Again.)
Rule Change: Earthcrafters may not self protect.

hate+computers.gif

Right then, ignore my last post, I need to make some major modifications to my analysis, now that the best protective role is no longer the best protective role.

Gammax looked around, bewildered at the chaos surrounding him. The entire encampment was pandemonium, with people attacking each other, physically and verbally, hurling insults and dangerous allegations around. Of course, bandying words always ended up a little better than crossing swords. Or even worse, once magic started being flung about.

Gammax shook his head again. Magic. He woke up to a strange new world, or what felt like one at least. He couldn't remember how long he had slept. Or who he was before he did. Foggy memories clouded his mind, almost as if past lives were trying to flood his brain. Sounded like one flaming heck of a head injury. Luckily he had always been known for his thick skull.

Now where did that memory come from? He took another quick peek at the people around him, wondering if they were whispering behind his back. Probably about him. He thought some of the faces looked familiar, but that couldn't be possible. He didn't even know where he was, still.

One thing did feel right, though. Despite not knowing who he was, exactly, or what he was even doing here, he knew it all felt....right. As if he had been here before, or at least something similar. Maybe that's where the head injury came from? He just wasn't certain. He needed more time to figure things out.

Well these are definitely a really awesome set of rules and powers for this game, so there'll be quite a bit of magic flying around! Of course it's a bit too early in the game and cycle still even to really have any idea of where to start looking and getting things going for now. So I'll just have some fun for now poking at the fourth wall with my RP! ;)