My best friend is reading Warbreaker for the first time....

natalie.perkins

I'm watching her reactions and I thought some may be as amusing to you guys as they are to me:

Her: Here's what has happened so far: Siri got brave. pretended to have sex with the God King when she found out the high priests were listening in. Viv got all of Lemex's Breaths and now they've moved into a new house since raiding his place for plans and gold and are going to continue his plan to disrupt the food supply

Me: What are your thoughts up to this point?

Her: Ok in a nuteshell I love Denth and crew. I think they're more than just mercenaries obviously, they've got surprising character, more than usual mercenaries are given in a story. Can't wait to see what the hell Vasher has planned now knowing Denth's crew knows him. And I'm rooting for Lightsong to save Siri. Viv kind of annoys me but it's only in fleeting moments

Me: Thoughts on the God King?

Her: Not much yet, only, like I said before, he's not all that he seems. Oh, and just kind of a funny thought in my head: when Siri walked up to him and he tensed the idea floated in my head that it would be a great twist if this guy was gay.

[break for discussion of homosexuals in literature and intimacy in Brandon's books]

Me: thoughts on Treleedees and Bluefingers? (pats myself on the back for spelling Treleedees right without looking it up)

Her: ooh yes. Treleedees I think he's a big bad. The real force to be afraid of - the one actually pulling strings on things and people.  Bluefingers I like. Obviously shown independent thinking and could be an ally. 

Anyway, the summary of MY thoughts on this basically involve me twiddling my fingers, evil giggling, and thinking, "Yes, pawn, you have fallen right into Brandon's manipulative fingers. Enjoy your betrayals. Mwahahahahah"

I'm watching her reactions and I thought some may be as amusing to you guys as they are to me:

Her: Here's what has happened so far: Siri got brave. pretended to have sex with the God King when she found out the high priests were listening in. Viv got all of Lemex's Breaths and now they've moved into a new house since raiding his place for plans and gold and are going to continue his plan to disrupt the food supply

Me: What are your thoughts up to this point?

Her: Ok in a nuteshell I love Denth and crew. I think they're more than just mercenaries obviously, they've got surprising character, more than usual mercenaries are given in a story. Can't wait to see what the hell Vasher has planned now knowing Denth's crew knows him. And I'm rooting for Lightsong to save Siri. Viv kind of annoys me but it's only in fleeting moments

Me: Thoughts on the God King?

Her: Not much yet, only, like I said before, he's not all that he seems. Oh, and just kind of a funny thought in my head: when Siri walked up to him and he tensed the idea floated in my head that it would be a great twist if this guy was gay.

[break for discussion of homosexuals in literature and intimacy in Brandon's books]

Me: thoughts on Treleedees and Bluefingers? (pats myself on the back for spelling Treleedees right without looking it up)

Her: ooh yes. Treleedees I think he's a big bad. The real force to be afraid of - the one actually pulling strings on things and people.  Bluefingers I like. Obviously shown independent thinking and could be an ally. 

Anyway, the summary of MY thoughts on this basically involve me twiddling my fingers, evil giggling, and thinking, "Yes, pawn, you have fallen right into Brandon's manipulative fingers. Enjoy your betrayals. Mwahahahahah"

I remember when I first read Warbreaker I nailed the "Bluefingers is the bad guy" thing as soon as Siri got the advise about being average.

I pegged Denth as a bad guy from the start, although the Bluefingers and Treledees (that's how you spell it, sorry) trickery took me in completely. Amusing the the friend's thoughts on the God King's body language immediately jumped to "He's gay." Also, when your friend arrives at the betrayals, I hope you indulge in some evil laughter on Brandon's behalf.

Susebron's sexuality is actually a bit interesting to think about. Like he told Siri, he finds everyone beautiful - full of intricate colors. That doesn't necessarily mean he finds everyone attractive, but it does mean he thinks more about personality than anything else. Who knows, having such a ridiculous amount of Breath might turn a person pansexual!

Susebron's sexuality is actually a bit interesting to think about. Like he told Siri, he finds everyone beautiful - full of intricate colors. That doesn't necessarily mean he finds everyone attractive, but it does mean he thinks more about personality than anything else. Who knows, having such a ridiculous amount of Breath might turn a person pansexual!

Huh, that sparked me on a similar idea.  We know from BoM that having access to a ton of Allomantic and Feruchemic power allows you to see Investiture passively in the world, up to and including people's souls glowing.  What if having a ton of BioChroma does the same?  

Edited by Landis963

Huh, that sparked me on a similar idea.  We know from BoM that having access to a ton of Allomantic and Feruchemic power allows you to see Investiture passively in the world, up to and including people's souls glowing.  What if having a ton of BioChroma does the same?  

Probably it's exactly that and more in a Magic System where Breath improves Senses and perceptions.... I find fashinating to discover how the God-King sees the world.... In the End a tons of Investiture made you began to "see the Matrix" (and the Mind expansion help a lot with that)

Edited by Yata

• Chaos locked this topic