Content of the new Stormlight Archive novella

philipp32

Is that the name for the novella?

What or who is IIRC? Where is the novella set?

IIRC just means "If I recall correctly"

and I'm guessing (hoping) it's going to be set in Iri, the city of shadows

This fall is everyone's best guess, since it is being releases to placate SA fans now that SA3 has been delayed till fall 2017. It will have most (all?) of the Cosmere short stories up till that point, the new new one with Lift, possibly a second one (not holding my breath on that), a Cognitive Realm map of the Cosmere, and introductions to each world (if I understand correctly) by Khriss (author of the Ars Acanum in each book). Maybe soem other goodies as well (IIRC, there will be a reading guide, which suggests we might get a timeline, at least for some of the books).

This fall is everyone's best guess, since it is being releases to placate SA fans now that SA3 has been delayed till fall 2017. It will have most (all?) of the Cosmere short stories up till that point, the new new one with Lift, possibly a second one (not holding my breath on that), a Cognitive Realm map of the Cosmere, and introductions to each world (if I understand correctly) by Khriss (author of the Ars Acanum in each book). Maybe soem other goodies as well (IIRC, there will be a reading guide, which suggests we might get a timeline, at least for some of the books).

I have wondered if we were to find out new oaths for the Edgedancers in this novel...

Brandon Sanderson has confirmed that the novella will be about Lift, and maybe Lopen.

One is a young, inexperienced Edgedancer!  The other is a one-armed Herdazian!  Together, they fight crime!

One is a young, inexperienced Edgedancer! The other is a one-armed Herdazian! Together, they fight crime!

Formerly one-armed. Now he has a stub that grows a bit each highstorm. :-P (I know that's not quite accurate, but it's funny.)

jW

One is a young, inexperienced Edgedancer!  The other is a one-armed Herdazian!  Together, they fight crime!

The novel is about Lift and only Lift. It isn't about Lift and Lopen. Lopen has a short one chapter story somewhere into the book, but as far as I can tell it isn't correlated to the Lift one.

The novel is about Lift and only Lift. It isn't about Lift and Lopen. Lopen has a short one chapter story somewhere into the book, but as far as I can tell it isn't correlated to the Lift one.

Well, if you want to stick strictly to canon, I suppose you're right.

• 3 weeks later...

Do we know the timeline?  Does the novella take place before or after the Lift interlude in WoR?

It has to take place after... Lift is getting a flashback book, it would be pointless to have it happen before the events of WoR. 

I know someone recorded it-- either FirstRainbowRose or Chaos or Little Wilson got it on their phone unless I'm mistaken. But I don't know if Brandon has requested that this reading be kept off the Internet, since I know he sometimes does.

• Chaos locked this topic