I require any votes you want to withdraw to be greened out. I would rather you not edit the original post, but rather place a green vote in a new post.

Ahh, okay then. That's different :] so the vote tally is currently as follows.

(2) Mark IVDeathClutch19Amanuensis

(1) Paranoid KingThe Mighty Lopen

(1) QuiverNyali

(1) Araris Valerian: Paranoid King,

One more question, all-mighty GM. I think this is the case but just want to make sure. Actions can affect anyone regardless of the world they are on, right? Or, in other words, you don't need to be on the same planet as someone to use an ability on them, yes?

One more question, all-mighty GM. I think this is the case but just want to make sure. Actions can affect anyone regardless of the world they are on, right? Or, in other words, you don't need to be on the same planet as someone to use an ability on them, yes?

Correct.

Correct.

Okay, in that case I don't think there's any reason for us to keep people's starting locations a secret then. If anyone else disagrees please speak up and explain why, but here's my perspective on the situation. The 17th Shard / Odium / Autonomy are going to kill and convert whoever they want. The only real danger we have with everyone knowing who is where is Ruin potentially destroying a planet to role block its inhabitants, but at this point in time no one should know each others roles so I doubt Ruin will use his ability this early, and if he does it probably won't be for that reason. More likely than not the 17th Shard is spread out among the worlds and therefore have an information advantage, as they can compile who is on the same world as them and probably figure out where the others are, and due to them being spread out we might be able to narrow down suspects based on who began where. I have a theory that each planet PM is compromised by one of the three "Evils," and barring any better leads currently think it might be worth looking into. Overall I just think that this is one of those situations where the village would benefit more than the other factions in having this information out in the open. Beyond starting locations I don't think it'll be so important where players hop to but that also might be something worth tracking in the future.

Thoughts, people? I will go ahead and mention that I am on Taldain as I personally don't see a reason to keep it a secret. I will not reveal who is there with me, however, just in case they'd rather people not know for whatever reason.

EDIT FOR VOTE TALLY

(2) Mark IVDeathClutch19Amanuensis

(1) Paranoid KingThe Mighty Lopen

(1) QuiverNyali

(1) Araris Valerian: Paranoid King,

(1) Burnt Spaghetti: Conquestor, 

Edited by Amanuensis

There's also no reason to reveal worlds. :P They don't impact the game at all, export for the group PM and the potential Ruin world-destruction.

Devotion, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like a PM or two with some people. You can choose whoever you want.

There's also no reason to reveal worlds. :P They don't impact the game at all, export for the group PM and the potential Ruin world-destruction.

Devotion, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like a PM or two with some people. You can choose whoever you want.

Im sure everyone wants a PM...Including me. So why should you get them?  <_<

Also im with Maill on this there is no reason to reveal worlds

Well there is a reason to reveal worlds if you believe my theory :P. I just want to know so that I can group people together based on their origin and compare them with one another to figure out who among them most likely belongs to one of the three "Evils." It'd provide me (and some other players if they choose to do something similar) direction as at this point in time there's no real leads to pursue. Ultimately I believe that if there is no harm in everyone knowing then having more information is automatically better than less.

Well there is a reason to reveal worlds if you believe my theory :P. I just want to know so that I can group people together based on their origin and compare them with one another to figure out who among them most likely belongs to one of the three "Evils." It'd provide me (and some other players if they choose to do something similar) direction as at this point in time there's no real leads to pursue. Ultimately I believe that if there is no harm in everyone knowing then having more information is automatically better than less.

I don't think there's any harm or any info to be learned from the planets. While in theory, yes, the evils would be spread evenly through the planets, GMs know that and intentionally make certain worlds have a few evils and another completely free. It's the same thing as guessing role distribution, and that's always dangerous.

I don't think there's any harm or any info to be learned from the planets. While in theory, yes, the evils would be spread evenly through the planets, GMs know that and intentionally make certain worlds have a few evils and another completely free. It's the same thing as guessing role distribution, and that's always dangerous.

Suppose that's a good point, though I still think it's a theory worth testing and if I am wrong I am willing to make that mistake. Anyone else have thoughts on the matter? Even discussions like this that might seem unimportant can provide insight for us later on. Also I recommend that if there are any other subjects on people's minds you bring it up so we can see everyone's stance on them as well. My PM is relatively quiet and a lack of conversation has never helped the village.

Since there's 3 or 4 players on each planet, that would narrow the evil team down so easily. And, since Autonomy, Survival, and Odium aren't on the same team as each other or the 17th Shard, I could see multiple of them starting on the same world.

I'm willing to reveal my planet, Scadrial. Can't blame Burnt if she has something going on right now. I feel like Aman is trying to do something useful. I also feel like evidence points to Mailliw from the fact that he is trying really hard to stop something, I feel useful, from happening.

I'm willing to reveal my planet, Scadrial. Can't blame Burnt if she has something going on right now. I feel like Aman is trying to do something useful. I also feel like evidence points to Mailliw from the fact that he is trying really hard to stop something, I feel useful, from happening.

Dude, I don't care what you do with your planet. I already requested Scadrial, so everyone knows I'm likely to be there. I just don't think it matters whether or not everyone is forced to reveal if they don't want to.

Dude, I don't care what you do with your planet. I already requested Scadrial, so everyone knows I'm likely to be there. I just don't think it matters whether or not everyone is forced to reveal if they don't want to.

Sorry, it was just what I thought.  :(

Empasis mine.

Just want to clarify that my intention was never to force anyone to do something they're not comfortable with. Just noticed that the thread wasn't really going anywhere and wanted to bring up something I was thinking about and see people's thoughts on it. I'm not necessarily suspicious of Mailliw for his opposition, however if we eventually learn that the 17th Shard did indeed get distributed evenly that might be evidence for him being on their team. My only intention right now is to generate discussion so that when we discover more information later on things can be analyzed to hopefully catch the bad guys.

Edited by Amanuensis

Empasis mine.

Just want to clarify that my intention was never to force anyone to do something they're not comfortable with. Just noticed that the thread wasn't really going anywhere and wanted to bring up something I was thinking about and see people's thoughts on it. I'm not necessarily suspicious of Mailliw for his opposition, however if we eventually learn that the 17th Shard did indeed get distributed evenly that might be evidence for him being on their team. My only intention right now is to generate discussion so that when we discover more information later on things can be analyzed to hopefully catch the bad guys.

Okay, I see. I thought you were wanting a mass reveal so that we could pick off players from one planet at a time. That's where I saw this plan going, so I wanted to head it off early. I understand you now, though.

The woman caught the dagger she had been juggling and pointed it directly at Valan Quivar. Lowering her flute, she considered him a moment. "Hold on, I know you," she said. "You're a highprince, right? Jah Keved, I believe?" She stood up and bowed. "Not my homeland, really, but the place ain't so bad. Good wine there, 'specially the purple stuff."

She stretched, yawning. "You're alright, sorry 'bout the misunderstanding," she said. "I heard them 17th Sharders have something nasty planned. Got any leads?"

Miss interpretation is always a bad thing. I'm going to wait to vote for anyone else. Mailliw it's fine, hope we can still work together. :D

It wasn't that I misinterpreted, I just saw a possibility I didn't want this game to become. I still think that my scenario is possible if we do follow Aman's assumption. If we stick to using it just as a possible template for the distribution of evils, it's fine, but taking it further than that is dangerous.

Well I think that people shouldn't feel obligated to reveal their starting location, but I don't think that it's a bad thing either. I personally will choose not to reveal my starting location right now, because I don't really feel that I need to do it.