I can see where this is headed, and I'm going to head it off right now. I'll reserve your pink, DeathClutch, since you've already asked. But I'm going to publicly announce that I'm not going to take any more requests for color reservations in docs. (And I won't in future games, either, unless there's good reason)

Other than that, an hour and a half until signups end!

I can see where this is headed, and I'm going to head it off right now. I'll reserve your pink, DeathClutch, since you've already asked. But I'm going to publicly announce that I'm not going to take any more requests for color reservations in docs. (And I won't in future games, either, unless there's good reason)

Aww, I wanted to request black. I've never had that. :P

Other than that, an hour and a half until signups end!

That's why I finally decided to pick a color no one else takes. :P

Do I want to stay up until 1 in the morning just to see my role?

. . .

. . .

No, No I do not. Goodnight! 

#ShardicPower

It's just another 40 minutes...

#onlytimetheAussiedoesn'thavetostayuplate

Edited by The Young Bard

15 minutes remaining in signups. This is the last call for applicants for Shardic Power.

Also, Trelagist and Quiver, I'll update your character names whenever I get them. If you can't get them to me until later on in the cycle, that's fine.

And that is time! Signups are officially over, and the game has begun.

The thread for Day 1 will be posted soon, and your role PMs will be on the way shortly!

Happy hunting!

Day 1: Whispers on the Wind

The wind was soft, almost intangible, as it flowed across the jungles of Nalthis. The city of Hallandren was sweltering under an oppressive heat, as the summer sun beat relentlessly down. The light fingers of air caressed sun-darkened cheeks and burned forearms as they passed, the meager relief was soon forgotten. But the breeze carried with it something intangible. A half-spoken, half-felt word that struck to the heart and bared the soul. Adonalsium.

The stormlands of Roshar felt it next, the fury of the highstorms laying siege to the battered landscape. The stormfury roared aloud, and men cowered under a elemental force of nature, almost a god in itself. But in the midst of the sound and tumult, that name was shouted aloud to the remorseless sky. In the recesses of the city of Kharbranth, a broken man wrote incomprehensible words, shuddering. Adonalsium.

The urbanites of Scadrial felt the stirring in the air, the sands of Taldain whipped in elusive patterns. The islands of First of the Sun voiced their restlessness and in the dim reaches of the uncharted Cosmere, the forgotten world of Yolen opened its mouth for the first time in eons. Adonalsium.

The words reached a broken house on Sel, where a somber woman stood before a gravestone, as she had every year for time beyond counting. The words were worn by time and weather, but the name could still be made out, though only with difficulty. Wilkin. An old name, from another time.

At the sound of the wind, she looked up in slight surprise. A thoughtful look crossed her face, briefly, before it settled back into its normal composure. Between that moment and the next, she was gone.

--------------------------------------------

In the wake of the wind, a council chamber formed. Nowhere and everywhere at once, it was the meeting place for the gods of the Cosmere - the Shards of Adonalsium. Ten stood there, their faces and forms veiled behind their power.

"He has returned, then?" The one who spoke held endless time in its voice - unchanging ages upon ages in glorious stasis.

"He has. And he means to restore that which was Shattered." The voice was a riot of color, hues and shades swirling in its sounds.

"This cannot be. It would undo so much of our work." The voice was kingly, but firm as iron.

"Then it is agreed. He shall not succeed. Adonalsium must remain a memory only, if our works are to have any meaning." This voice crackled with the energy of chaos.

One by one, the ten robed figures nodded their agreement, then vanished.

Player List:

1. Par Degaton (Master Elodin)
2. Jonly (The Only Joe) - A Sliver of Preservation, and a Feruchemist
3. Hal Heatherlock (Parodium Haelbarde)
4. Seznith Seridanon (Kynedath)
5. The Nameless (Trelagist)
6. Gorl (cloudjumper)
7. Alkazar (Zephrer) - an exiled Sand Mastrell from Taldain
8. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian) - a Scadrian nobleman
9. Miani (Mailliw), Maw's latest apprentice
10. Kelen Taldar (AliasSheep)
11. Tindomë (Elbereth)
12. Amanuensis (Amanuensis)
13. Nijza (Nyali), a world singer of small renown
14. Bernte Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)
15. Gon Freecs (DeathClutch19)
16. Brian (Paranoid King), a lowly soldier
17. Exisa (phattemer), the original Seventeeth Shard
18. :) (MarkIV)
19. Parth (Conquestor)
20. Jimmy (TheMightyLopen), a Lifeless hamster
21. Nila Hamming (Arrenae), an enthusiastic Hemalurgist

22. Left of Space (leiftinspace)

23. Valan Quivar (Quiver), a Rosharan dudebro highprince

24. Second of the Sky (Alvron), on his last chance with the Collective.

25. Vathir (The Young Bard), a Nalthian Rambleman

Rule Clarifications

bla_1463378400.png

Edited by Seonid