In the second half, I was rarely on just after rollover to lead a lynch train, and I realized the importance of avoiding lynch ties after... Day 2, I think it was, so I mostly voted for whoever had the most votes on them. Most of my politicking happened in PM's for the next day or night turn.

Also, Seonid, do you want to show the Shard Zero doc, or would you have any objection to me showing it? (One of my PM's was turned into a doc briefly because of the overwhelming activeness of the players. Only time I've ever seen a triple ninja - and only sixfive people were there.)

EDIT: Clarifications and fixing errors.

Edited by The Young Bard

^ I second that. I never did get Alv to tell me. He only said that he had his sources :/

As far as I know, it was a lucky guess brilliant piece of deductive analysis made without the benefit of any outside information.

I might have done this, had I not been not village aligned...

If we had lynched him right off when he was outed, the game would have ended before he died due to the outed player zombie mechanic.

If we had lynched him right off when he was outed, the game would have ended before he died due to the outed player zombie mechanic.

I was the puppetmaster though. I could just give his role to you, then he would have died instantly.

Curious, if a returned was Outed, and Endowment withdrew investment, would they die immediately?

Also, what was the in-joke about Parodium? I never did get to ask about that.

Haelbarde had the Shard of Hatred in LG14(of which this game was the sequel), but Mailliw had already claimed the title of Odium(due to him Holding the Shard during LG10, of which LG14 was the sequel), so Haelbarde, having made some brilliant parodies in LG14 as Odium, rightly took the name of "Parodium." :)

Oh, and seriously... Alv has 3 instances of Odium now?!

Yep.  13 more and I can get a Squeezable Odium of my very own.  Although having Second hold all 16 Shards over various games will be fun to try.

Lets see, the stuffed panda has Mashadar and Odium (Trepidation).  Edaan is blessed by Devotion and has Odium (Enmity).  Second held Dominion and Odium (Domination).

Edit:  Also, given that Kipper is a follower of the Bloodthirsty One and was Hoid in LG10, Wilson could claim a second Hoid.

Edited by Alvron

Key

Nila -- kandra hemalurgist who shouldn’t have a spike in when dealing with Ruin

Bernte -- a Selish girl who is far too compatible with Ruin

Aman -- a man from another universe

Cloud -- A delusional wanderer

Gorl walked through the crowded street in Sel slowly, ignoring the strange looks the crowd gave him because of his odd attire and clearly foreign looks. He was lost in deep thought, as he was usually after the failed attempt to recreate Adonalsium. Suddenly, his head snapped up as a movement flickered in his vision, a flash of red lightning that was there for only an instant. Gorl’s instincts took over as he called sand free from it’s bag and sent a few newly formed ribbons after the source of the flicker.  His mind whirled with possible combat scenarios and classic sand techniques. Gorl began drawing more and more sand from his bag and started forming ribbon after ribbon, when suddenly he stopped. There was nothing there. He had been seeing things again. It had started just a few months ago, when Odium had made his ominous announcement, “I will see you again shortly…”. Gorl had become more and more paranoid and soon, he was seeing assassins and Odium’s investiture everywhere. He couldn’t sleep for days on end because he saw the shadows of assassins everywhere, and this had not helped his mental health. No sleeping for days had a way of affecting one’s mind, and the already unstable Gorl was having some definitely noticeable changes.

The four 17th Sharders sat in the rubble of what was formerly the Shardic Coalition’s headquarters, dwarfed by the blackened chunks of marble that littered the ground around them. The now-demolished building offered a clear view of the night sky, where stars and planets shone brightly in the darkness. Inside the remains of the hall, a woman in bright gold stood at a balcony and gazed at the Cosmere -- the Cosmere she and her companions had nearly exploded into a firestorm of chaos.

Somewhere, somehow, she felt the Cosmere gazing back at her.

She shivered and looked down at the spike in her fingers. It glinted in the light, silver stained with red spots. It looked wrong. It shouldn’t be so -- so -- so clean. Someone’s spiritweb lay trapped inside that spike.

She chucked it over the balcony. She was done being Nila. Done being a hemalurgist. Done pretending to be anything other than a worldhopping kandra.

“I failed,” she said. “Hoid, you’re hearing this through my spike, yah? Odium shattered three Shards. Devotion, Endowment, and Cultivation. It’ll take at least another thousand years before you can put them back together.”

She sighed.

“Harmony, what are we going to with the Shards we have? Bernte’s far too attached to her Shards. If we try reforming Adonalsium, she won’t be happy giving the power up. And I don’t want to imagine her as New Adonalsium...”

Having heard what Nila said, Bernte growled, a strange sound coming from a human.  “I don't remember you having a problem with someone having too much power when we originally planned on reforming Adonalsium.” She muttered coldly, turning to look at Nila. She had grown quite comfortable with all this power so wasn't too keen to let it go. Especially not Ruin. Ruin was hers and she would happily murder anyone who tried to take it from her. Nila being spiked,  Bernte decided to give her a little warning; If you are so keen to take power away from me,  Nila, I'd recommend you tread very carefully.

NeLaar buried her face in her hands. Harmony, even now she felt Bernte leaning on her mind, speaking in her head. “Rust and Ruin, I’m never going to be safe now, yah?”

She slipped away from the balcony. She needed to take one of her spikes out.

Bernte watched her leave with a slight smirk. Safe… what’s the fun of being safe. If she had her way, no one would be safe.

Final thoughts, in my third post in a row:

This game has been a very good lesson for me why eliminators should always be killed. Our team's luck swung back and forth a lot this game, especially with Sheep's conversion. Burnt's vote manipulation ended being incredibly powerful -- with it, we made almost every single lynch go our way, which was probably very frustrating for the village.

On another nite, I finally survived a game!

• 1 month later...

It's about time this thread gets locked up (only a month over due...no big deal. :P ).This was a fun game to watch, with it being a triquel to LG10/LG14. It's been fascinating to watch the variations of this game. The meta roles were a little iffy at times, but I think a couple of them (the Puppet Master and the Lifeless Commander in particular) showed quite a lot of promise. I'm amused that once again, Aman was an outed eliminator who didn't die (when will this stop happening, I wonder?). All-in-all, it was a good game, if a just a little bit broken. :) Congrats to the eliminators on getting through without losing a single starting teammate. Congrats to Sheep for unintentionally suiciding as Hoid.

As always, if anyone would like to try your hand at running a game, just get a hold of GammaMeta, Alvron, or myselfNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'll be more than willing to help out in any way we can. You can also post game ideas, ask questions, and get feedback from everyone over in our Art of Game Creation thread too. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're working on.

Thanks again to everyone who played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!