Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

I am so behind on MCU :mellow: I still haven't seen Age Of Ultron nor Ant-man.

I haven't seen Ant-Man either and I've watched Deadpool just 2 days ago. To be honest I was disappointed, I think my expectations were too high after reading all those positive opinions on the web and waiting so long. I found the humor a bit too... kindergarten-like I guess... An R rated movie with jokes that 6 year olds make was confusing for my brain :P I enjoyed it and laughed quite a bit, but still, I'm a bit disappointed.

APUSH test tomorrow

Funny story: When I took APUSH, my teacher spent the entire year preparing his class. His tests were difficult, containing questions like, "Which famous Tammany Hall spokesman was known as the Swordfish?" It was nigh-impossible to get higher than a B- on his DBQs. "If you think my tests are tough," he often said, "you're going to have a hard time with the AP test." So when it came time to take the AP test in May, I was terrified. Visions of impossible questions, horrible essays, and a final score of 1 swam through my head. 

I opened the test. 

The first page of multiple choice questions surprised me. They weren't easy, but they weren't impossible, either. I felt more confident by the time I got to the essays, and when I finished, I felt pretty good. Maybe I'd score a 3 after all. 

Weeks passed. Everyone waited for the scores to come in. 

Then, one morning toward the end of the year, our APUSH teacher got on the intercom during morning announcements. "The AP US History exam results are in," he said. "These are the students who scored a 5, the highest score you can get." 

He only said a handful of names, and mine was one of them. 

Point is, the APUSH test won't be easy, but you're probably better prepared than you think you are. And I think you'll get a better score than you expect. :) 

Looking at your AP exams, they appear to be the closest thing to what we call the HSC exams in Australia, which they've been hanging over our heads like a great big thundercloud since Year 9 (we sit it at the end of Year 12). So, I can totally understand you feeling the pressure.

On another note, I've just come back from a week long music tour as part of my orchestra, which would be why you haven't seen me around. It was absolutely awesome, we toured from Sydney steadily up to North-West NSW (Narrabri, we got up to), and back. Time for a well deserved nap. Oh, and here's a news article about one of the stops on our tour, if you're interested. (And I'm not in that photo. I'm on the other side of the orchestra.  :()

While on tour, I also might have converted a new Sanderfan, as I started raving talking about it to someone, and they said it sounded 'interesting'.

Whilst researching my WIP, I came across an article from 1942 (I believe) about how Hitler won over German women despite his sexist rhetoric.

The first paragraph was a lengthy description of a high-ranking woman's appearance, concluding she was "dowdy."

Old timey sexism, everyone! <_<

A description from Hitler or from the article? I mean it doesn't really change the sexism but you know, for context.

I haven't seen Ant-Man either and I've watched Deadpool just 2 days ago. To be honest I was disappointed, I think my expectations were too high after reading all those positive opinions on the web and waiting so long. I found the humor a bit too... kindergarten-like I guess... An R rated movie with jokes that 6 year olds make was confusing for my brain :P I enjoyed it and laughed quite a bit, but still, I'm a bit disappointed.

I felt that way then I finally watched Guardians of the Galaxy (I saw it like a year later). I felt disappointed because everyone was saying it was awesome.

Deadpool sometimes had humor which went over the head of everyone in the cinema... except me, cause I'm nerd enough to catch the joke about not knowing "which Xavier? Stewart or McAvoy?". Seriously, I was the only one laughing.

Also, the sheer amount of references was insane. In the opening credits there was a ton of them, like Adventure Time watch.

And some jokes even I didn't get, cause they're from American culture. Like the "Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret.".