Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

1 minute ago, Silverblade5 said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I just learned about the wonder that is the inter library loan system 

Oh yeah, every ILL system I've seen is pretty awesome. ^_^ Back in Arizona, I remember one patron wanted to reread a book she'd read as a teenager back in the late 50s/early 60s, and it had been out of print for decades, but they managed to get a copy for her through ILL anyhow. 

23 hours ago, bleeder said:

So apparently there is a town in West Virginia (which I have always held to be the most dreary and terrible state) that has a population of five.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 2016-12-16 at 6.48.57 AM.png

And somehow, their website is cuter and more well-designed than my city's website.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 2016-12-16 at 6.50.53 AM.pngScreenshot 2016-12-16 at 6.51.19 AM.png

So it's like a one family home that got acknowledged as their own city? Neato.

2 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

So it's like a one family home that got acknowledged as their own city? Neato.

Probably more like a small town well past its heyday, and now it only has five people that refuse to leave. There's one town in Wyoming with a population of 1. Happened a lot out west, when towns would spring up along railroad or stagecoach lines or in oil fields, and then slowly lose members over the years as the oil dried up or the town became less of an important stop along the way. 

Ha! Internet is back up! :D  

Last night, I went to someone's house to babysit for a little girl that was already asleep. Her parents basically just wanted someone to sit on their couch, eat some of the chocolate that they told me was okay to eat, and make sure no one kidnapped the girl in her sleep. Easy. I would have been happy to do this for free; reading Arcanum Unbounded for a second time in a quiet house is a fun way to spend a night. But the mom was so grateful that I could do this on short notice and said she and her husband aren't able to get out much, so she insisted on paying me. I'm thinking, "Okay. I'll get 5 dollars out of this. It'll be great."

She gave me $40. :mellow: I feel like I somehow took advantage of her.

• Chaos locked this topic