Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

20 hours ago, Ookla the Mythical said:

Well, if they are saying it sarcastically, then they are jerks and deserve to be shunned.

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuun uh

'Chaaaarlie, Chaaaarlie, Chaaaaaaaaaarlie, charlie-' "WHAT!?" 'Were on a bridge Charlie!'

#charlietheunicornreference

Yay!!!

Just now, Mesa the Ookla said:

Lol, mesa getting upvoted and downvoted so much that mesa is confuuuused

So, This is the first part in a 3 part Ookla season theme I will be doing.

Y'all will understand maybe next ookla season why I picked lil Jar jar here.

Oh dear. Next year, are you gonna be C-3P0?

9 hours ago, Ookla from State Farm said:
  Reveal hidden contents

FullSizeRender.jpg

Oh, Barry. Don't leave us.

Hey @Ookla the Cat Lord... for the time period between Koloss Head-Munching Day an New Years, you should photoshop a santa hat onto your userpic and change your username to Festiv.

Edited by Ookla the Atypical

11 hours ago, Ookla the Atypical said:

Oh, Barry. Don't leave us.

Hey @Ookla the Cat Lord... for the time period between Koloss Head-Munching Day an New Years, you should photoshop a santa hat onto your userpic and change your username to Festiv.

Ha! I like your idea, I'll think about the username, but I'll definitely put on Santa's hat :)

4 hours ago, Ookla the Atypical said:

So, it's hailing. 

Hm... that doesn't sound right.

There's a hailstorm going on right now. 

No, that seems wrong, too...

There's storming ice falling from the sky.

You know you've been listening to too much Night Vale when you see the world hail and the first thing you think of isn't "ice that falls from the sky." It's "ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD. ALL HAIL."

OK, let's see how I can totally mis-explain this and maintain my [Redacted], Inc cover...

Let's say we track UFO sighting reports.  We have an electronic database of every UFO, along with a file for it for anytime that UFO appears anywhere.  (Just assume that we can tell which UFOs are seen more than once. I know, the metaphor really doesn't make sense, but go with it anyway.)

We have a master set of files for domestic UFO sightings.  Underneath that, we have a subset of them that we'll call green glowy UFOs.  Because they're special, and we need to track them separately, so we keep their files separate.

Well, I've started a project to clean up the UFO file cabinets.  Come to find out, nobody has pulled out any of the files for debunked/explained UFOs since sometime in 2003, leaving us with a huge number of files that we don't need anymore just taking up space.  Compounding this problem, apparently back in the 90s, my predecessors at [Redacted], Inc for reasons unknown deemed it necessary to keep TWO separate files for each green glowy UFOs - one in the green glowy UFO file cabinet, and one in the general domestic UFO file cabinet.  This is inefficient and annoying.

So now, not only am I pulling out all of the files for the debunked UFOs, I am combining the duplicate files for all of the green glowy UFOs.  This is a slow process and is a pain in my behind, but at least it gets me out of my cube and moving around a bit.

Oh, and I am also finding that we are missing a lot of files for our UFO sightings, so I'm going to have to pull information for all of those ones out of the electronic tracking system and create new UFO files, lest our auditors come through someday and get angry at us for not having all of our UFO records properly in place.

Edited by Ookla the Mythical
because spelling is important, kids!

12 hours ago, Curious Anamaximder said:

Hey guys. I'm slightly back, from a long hiatus. I owe the 17th Shard an apology. I said several rude things before leaving for months on end, and I'd like to say sorry for that. 

thanks

Hello, there Anamaximder! I don't think we got to meet before you took your break.

I'm bleeder. 

I hear you're bi? So am I!

That accidentally rhymed. Ugh. 

Anyway, let's be friends.

On a completely unrelated note, I just watched all six Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared videos for the first time, all in one sitting, and I am... I can't think of a fitting adjective to describe my emotional state.

12 hours ago, Curious Anamaximder said:

Hey guys. I'm slightly back, from a long hiatus. I owe the 17th Shard an apology. I said several rude things before leaving for months on end, and I'd like to say sorry for that. 

thanks

I don't remember rudeness.....welcome back!

8 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Hello, there Anamaximder! I don't think we got to meet before you took your break.

I'm bleeder. 

I hear you're bi? So am I!

That accidentally rhymed. Ugh. 

Anyway, let's be friends.

On a completely unrelated note, I just watched all six Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared videos for the first time, all in one sitting, and I am... I can't think of a fitting adjective to describe my emotional state.

What's dont hug me I'm scared?