Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

20 hours ago, Ookla the Intelligible said:

I like your yarn choice. RH Monet has always been one of my favorites.

(Literally my reaction. *sees mention of yarn* "Yarn craft?! I must see what is going on!")

You just run daily searches of the forums with a bunch of yarn keywords, don't you?  :D

13 hours ago, Ookla the Archer said:

...is now a bad time to tell you the Dark Crystal is getting a sequel? 

Heh, I heard about that.  Though in comic book form, rather than another movie.  I am interested to get hold of it.

(I actually do love The Dark Crystal now.  What's terrifying to a seven-year-old is just really neat for an adult.)

On 26/11/2016 at 7:21 AM, Ookla the Miraculous said:

And I got hit by a car on my bike. Do you know how annoying it is to not be able to fully use your right wrist?

Lol, mesa hit someone on a bike a few days ago

3 hours ago, Ookla the Intelligible said:

Nah. I just happen to notice these things. That and I'll idly flip through different topics without posting.

mesa notice things too

Well, it's been a long while since I last visited here, and...how many pages have I missed?

Below, me reacting after coming back to the General Discussions thread after spending almost all my time in Sanderson Elimination.

Spoiler

SE.jpg

So...Anyone want to catch me up?

Anyone still remember me? :P

1 hour ago, Ookla the Watcher said:

Well, it's been a long while since I last visited here, and...how many pages have I missed?

Below, me reacting after coming back to the General Discussions thread after spending almost all my time in Sanderson Elimination.

Hide contents

SE.jpg

Er, not by your Ookla name. 

On 11/23/2016 at 3:56 PM, Ookla the Miraculous said:

In good news, I was finally able to paint my first painting since moving!

In bad news, I don't like it.

Hide contents

image.jpeg

(The lighting makes it look more orange then it actually is)

It's wonderful!

On 11/23/2016 at 8:37 PM, Ookla the Sunrise Watcher said:

There's super-dense fog here. Like the most dense mist I've ever seen. And I've rode through it in a car. Not highspeed but there was still the movement.

If I had a mistcloak I would be running around throwing spare change in random directions :mellow:

...I carry spare change with me at all times for that exact reason...

On 11/23/2016 at 8:29 PM, Ookla the Pug-whisperer said:

I took Bruce on two walks today. 

Reveal hidden contents

Oh my goodness. The cute is unreal.

On 11/24/2016 at 3:08 PM, Ookla the Pug-whisperer said:

@Kaymyth and @bleeder, I've finished Labyrinth and it is awesome. 

Isn't it? One of the best films ever. 

On 11/25/2016 at 3:31 PM, Ookla the Sunrise Watcher said:

Mists came out for the third time in row.

While I still don't have a mistcloak, throwing on a regular coat still does the job. Sure, it may be too thick and heavy to properly flutter behind me but it still kinda flows when I'm running...:ph34r:

EDIT: And now I've gone and taken photos (it was just after midnight).

Welcome to Elendel:

Hide contents

IMG_2170.JPG

I think that's the best one. I have a few more but my non-existent photographic skills only allowed me to pick the correct mode and hold objective steady ;)

Oh wow. That's quite the sight. 

On 11/25/2016 at 9:28 PM, Ookla the Mythical said:

Friendsgiving was awesome.  We managed to fit 18 people at tables into my house.  At once.  And nobody got relegated to couch overflow.

There may have been some impromptu random singing where people took classic rock songs and made them about pie.

Na na na na
na na na na
Hey hey
Eat pie

Yay!  Now you should go and watch The Dark Crystal and experience what terrified the socks off me when I was seven.

Wooooooow. Okay. That was special. 

The most exciting thing that happened at my Thanksgiving was a (surprisingly) civil discussion of Middle East Politics between Osama and my cousins. 

On 11/25/2016 at 11:39 PM, Ookla the Mystical said:

Mistrunner, after an hour of diligently trying, realizes that she is, in fact, terrible at knitting, and should stop before she manages to kill a man with a ball of yarn.

Hide contents

sI4S5pjV.png

You look so upset, as though the yarn has slighted your honor.

19 hours ago, Ookla the Intelligible said:

Nah. I just happen to notice these things. THat and I'll idoly flipp through different topics without posting.

The Order of the Forumlurkers must rise again.

9 hours ago, Ookla the Watcher said:

Hide contents

SE.jpg

Uh... no. Your profile pic is a silent, so there is- 

*looks away*

Wait, what were we talking about?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Archer said:

...okay, random advice seeking.

How can you tell when someone is insulting you via compliments? I never know how sincere stuff I'm told is, and it's bothering me. Like, is "You're a hard worker" meant to be taken as "You do too much"?

Probably depends on who is saying that and in what context. If it's a slacker coworker saying "You're a hard worker," I'm willing to bet it's a complaint in disguise--"You work so hard you're making me look bad for being lazy" kind of thing. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you... Is this happening more in face-to-face interactions or through the Internet/texting where tone is harder to interpret?

56 minutes ago, Ookla the Flighty said:

Probably depends on who is saying that and in what context. If it's a slacker coworker saying "You're a hard worker," I'm willing to bet it's a complaint in disguise--"You work so hard you're making me look bad for being lazy" kind of thing. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you... Is this happening more in face-to-face interactions or through the Internet/texting where tone is harder to interpret?

Face to face, but honestly, I have a hard time judging people. Apways sort of worried not picking up.on the sarcasm, or being laughed at behind my back or something :unsure:

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Archer said:

Face to face, but honestly, I have a hard time judging people. Apways sort of worried not picking up.on the sarcasm, or being laughed at behind my back or something :unsure:

Well, if they are saying it sarcastically, then they are jerks and deserve to be shunned.

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuun uh

11 hours ago, Ookla the Mythical said:

Well, if they are saying it sarcastically, then they are jerks and deserve to be shunned.

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuun uh

Eh, I think I'm really bad at reading people, I guess. :P

Edited by Ookla the Archer