Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

5 minutes ago, Zathoth said:

Look at it from the bright side: There´s lots of things that could be more awkward listening to your upstairs neighbors doing.

One of my relatives said that their upstairs neighbor was currently taking a class in advanced puppetry.

Edited by Straw

Mists came out for the third time in row.

While I still don't have a mistcloak, throwing on a regular coat still does the job. Sure, it may be too thick and heavy to properly flutter behind me but it still kinda flows when I'm running...:ph34r:

EDIT: And now I've gone and taken photos (it was just after midnight).

Welcome to Elendel:

Spoiler

IMG_2170.JPG

I think that's the best one. I have a few more but my non-existent photographic skills only allowed me to pick the correct mode and hold objective steady ;)

Edited by Ookla the Sunrise Watcher
edited the reason for edit :D

I saw Moana today! I would definitely recommend it. The animation is gorgeous, Lin Manuel Miranda's music is amazing (as expected), and for anyone who cares, there is a post credits scene so stay for that.

And I got hit by a car on my bike. Do you know how annoying it is to not be able to fully use your right wrist?

Friendsgiving was awesome.  We managed to fit 18 people at tables into my house.  At once.  And nobody got relegated to couch overflow.

There may have been some impromptu random singing where people took classic rock songs and made them about pie.

Na na na na
na na na na
Hey hey
Eat pie

On 11/24/2016 at 2:08 PM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

@Kaymyth and @bleeder, I've finished Labyrinth and it is awesome. 

Yay!  Now you should go and watch The Dark Crystal and experience what terrified the socks off me when I was seven.

16 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I saw Moana today! I would definitely recommend it. The animation is gorgeous, Lin Manuel Miranda's music is amazing (as expected), and for anyone who cares, there is a post credits scene so stay for that.

And I got hit by a car on my bike. Do you know how annoying it is to not be able to fully use your right wrist?

I know how annoying it is because it happened to me three times. I crashed my bike into a tree, accidentally had my wrist smashed against a brick wall, and had my wrist partially dislocated during a basketball game.

22 minutes ago, Straw said:

I know how annoying it is because it happened to me three times. I crashed my bike into a tree, accidentally had my wrist smashed against a brick wall, and had my wrist partially dislocated during a basketball game.

Ouch. What was the most annoying part for you? For me, it's probably going to the bathroom . . . 

11 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

Mistrunner, after an hour of diligently trying, realizes that she is, in fact, terrible at knitting, and should stop before she manages to kill a man with a ball of yarn.

Hide contents

sI4S5pjV.png

Here, this may help:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/

Basically, this woman puts up videos of just about every knitting stitch and technique in existence.  You can watch it over and over again till you get the hang of it without having to pester someone about it.  I found the site very, very helpful when I was learning how to knit.

Edit:  Whaaa?  I hopped up another rep level?  That seemed awfully fast compared to last time.

Edited by Kaymyth

Just now, Kaymyth said:

Here, this may help:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/

Basically, this woman puts up videos of just about every knitting stitch and technique in existence.  You can watch it over and over again till you get the hang of it without having to pester someone about it.  I found the site very, very helpful when I was learning how to knit.

Ooh, thank you. ^_^ One of my biggest problems is trying to reverse everything because I'm left-handed. I'm considering giving up and just using my right, but I'm a lefty for a reason and my right hand is incredibly clumsy. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Mistrunner said:

Ooh, thank you. ^_^ One of my biggest problems is trying to reverse everything because I'm left-handed. I'm considering giving up and just using my right, but I'm a lefty for a reason and my right hand is incredibly clumsy. Thoughts?

Honestly, with knitting you're using both of your hands pretty heavily anyway.  I'm not really sure there's much point to trying to reverse it, and you may be causing yourself more problems that way than just learning it the non-mirrored way.  There's a lot that just comes down to ingraining the muscle memory.

Just now, Kaymyth said:

Honestly, with knitting you're using both of your hands pretty heavily anyway.  I'm not really sure there's much point to trying to reverse it, and you may be causing yourself more problems that way than just learning it the non-mirrored way.  There's a lot that just comes down to ingraining the muscle memory.

Ah, okay. Thanks! :D

Just now, Mistrunner said:

Ah, okay. Thanks! :D

Heh.  You'll probably be more adept at doing it the "correct" way than I am.  I never did conquer the technique of holding the lead-in yarn with my left hand like you're supposed to.  I wrap it with my right, which is probably part of why my stitches are so tight.  Once you have it down, your tension will probably be more consistent than mine ever will.

Just now, Ookla the Left said:

Ewww, you gotta be storming kidding me :/ I can't imagine it getting an actually good sequel. 

I've never seen the Dark Crystal, so I have no nostalgic dog in this fight. :P

But yeah, no kidding. 12-issue comic sequel, Power of the Dark Crystal.

Is it just me, or does cowboy slang make everything sound more badchull? 

"A cow puncher went over to the dough wrangler and asked for a family disturbance, stamping his beetle-crushers when he heard the converter ask why he needed a full bottle."

Translation: "A cowboy asked the cook for a bottle of whiskey, stamping his feet when the preacher asked why he needed a full bottle."

4 hours ago, Ookla the Pug-whisperer said:

Is it just me, or does cowboy slang make everything sound more badchull? 

"A cow puncher went over to the dough wrangler and asked for a family disturbance, stamping his beetle-crushers when he heard the converter ask why he needed a full bottle."

Translation: "A cowboy asked the cook for a bottle of whiskey, stamping his feet when the preacher asked why he needed a full bottle."

And the profanity of the day would sound like Yosemite Sam.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Sunrise Watcher said:

Fourth time in a row mists came out (well, they sorta pulled back when temperature dropped below zero - or below 32* Fahrenheit). I'm starting to wondering if there's a chance (let's say 16%) that they are harmful...

I See What You Did There Sauron.jpg

I forget, is it 16% or 1 out of every 16? Because if it's the latter, then it should be 6.25%.