Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

14 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I'm trying to resist the urge to go with Rowlett.

Stop tempting me with awesome.

You have Fire/Dark, which is an awesome typing, yes, but you could just get Houndoom, Water/Fairy, which is also a great typing, but I don't care for the design of Primarina

Or you could get the awesome Grass/Ghost archer assassin owl!

Grass as a type just isn't really that good. It's weak to a lot and its strengths aren't really amazing either. Mediocre at best :P Like you aren't really going to use grass to counter water as you'd probably have an electric type anyway to beat flying, so it just seems superfluous. Grass types were okay for HM slaves though! Sometimes.

I have strong, long held opinions about Pokemon games xD

I'm going to go for the water/fairy. They have such good movesets! I am enamored.

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Grass as a type just isn't really that good. It's weak to a lot and its strengths aren't really amazing either. Mediocre at best :P Like you aren't really going to use grass to counter water as you'd probably have an electric type anyway to beat flying, so it just seems superfluous. Grass types were okay for HM slaves though! Sometimes.

I'm going to go for the water/fairy. They have such good movesets! I am enamored.

Sure, but you have Ghost on that, which gives you two immunities and you also have a resistance to Earthquake.

Electric types are more useful in general, until you run into a Quagsire.

1 hour ago, Zathoth said:

Sure, but you have Ghost on that, which gives you two immunities and you also have a resistance to Earthquake.

Electric types are more useful in general, until you run into a Quagsire.

This is just reminding me that I have yet to stumble upon a single danged Pikachu in Pokemon Go. :P

3 hours ago, Quiver said:

I'm trying to resist the urge to go with Rowlett.

Stop tempting me with awesome.

But the awesome is so tempting. 

*Emperor Palpatine voice* do it 

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

We no longer need HM slaves! Ride Pokemon are a thing now. Oddly. 

You sure do know your 'Mons, Chaos. 

@Kaymyth I never play Go anymore. Partly because my phone can't handle the game, but partly because I grew uninterested. Now I'm back to main series Pokemon.

5 hours ago, Quiver said:

Sorry. Are you saying that Bulbasaur and Chikorita aren't awesome? 

... I mean, I can't vouch for later gens, but Red/Blue, Gold/Silver were the best, and Bulbasaur and Chikorita are awesome. So.

:P

But then, the Grass-type Eeveelution is called Leafeon.

Freaking Leafeon.

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Angel: 

Hide contents

So. Angel, a vampire, is going to confront Faith, a Slayer. Someone whose destiny is to kill vampires. 

And he doesn't arm himself? 

Yeesh, Joss, this isn't tossing him the Idiot Ball; this is tying it to his ankle like a ball and chain. 

Angel:

Well, her job was to kill vampires on behalf of the Watchers.  That ended in season 3 of Buffy.  She's got the powers, but not exactly a direction.  While the world of Buffy is thematically based on being a teenager (and so has a sense of overall goals - complete school, enter society, do your part), Angel is more 20-something-based (you're out in the world and nobody can tell you what to do, so what's your choice?).

Edited by ThirdGen
Formatting error

5 hours ago, bleeder said:

But the awesome is so tempting. 

*Emperor Palpatine voice* do it 

We no longer need HM slaves! Ride Pokemon are a thing now. Oddly. 

You sure do know your 'Mons, Chaos. 

@Kaymyth I never play Go anymore. Partly because my phone can't handle the game, but partly because I grew uninterested. Now I'm back to main series Pokemon.

I've never really played any of the other Pokemon games besides Go.  I still get a kick out of it, and it's done its job getting me out and about and exercising.

The daily rewards they introduced help a lot, too.  Extra XP and stardust and items to entice people into playing a little bit every day?  Good plan.

Hey, guys! It's Monday. Time for your (?)-weekly edition of What the Hell, Wikipedia?! Here's one that we I dug out of the Wiki archives. 

From Politics of Belgium:

Each minister gets two pygmy goats to ride to and from the office. They are fed entirely on chocolate and European bitterness.

10 hours ago, Kobold King said:

But then, the Grass-type Eeveelution is called Leafeon.

Freaking Leafeon.

That is awesome.

I hope there are multiple Eevee in Sun and Moon, because if so? Full team of Eevee.

Eevee is one if my favorite families.

18 hours ago, Zathoth said:

Because the french are adamant about not learning english.

Or because game companies seem to hate europe in general.

If it was a translation issue, would the extra five days really help? I think it has to be something else...

14 hours ago, Chaos said:

Since gen 6, Grass has some nice utility in being immune to powder moves (including rage powder), as well as Leech Seed since previous generations. But yeah, the type matchups aren't super great.

17 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Don't forget Treecko. :ph34r:

Treecko is my favorite <3

I have never chosen the Water starter (since gen 2, where I used all three starters in one playthrough, two of them received through trades). Not because I have anything against Water starters... it's just the way things have turned out. This generation will not break the pattern, I'm afraid. #TeamRowlet all the way.

2 hours ago, bleeder said:

Hey, guys! It's Monday. Time for your (?)-weekly edition of What the Hell, Wikipedia?! Here's one that we I dug out of the Wiki archives. 

From Politics of Belgium:

Each minister gets two pygmy goats to ride to and from the office. They are fed entirely on chocolate and European bitterness.

I'm following a Facebook fanpage hunting such things on wikipedia. Unfortunately, Polish wikipedia, so I can't really share... But I'd love to get an English wiki version. 

2 hours ago, Eki said:

If it was a translation issue, would the extra five days really help? I think it has to be something else...

It is part of the reason. From what I was able to gather from the internet (so of course it may not be true) it is a combination of Europe having more languages, more markets who's laws they need to follow and so on. Basically its just more difficult to get a game out for the European market in general.

Is what I have read, at least.

2 hours ago, Eki said:

Treecko is my favorite <3

I have never chosen the Water starter (since gen 2, where I used all three starters in one playthrough, two of them received through trades). Not because I have anything against Water starters... it's just the way things have turned out. This generation will not break the pattern, I'm afraid. #TeamRowlet all the way.

Treecko is the best Grass starter <3 Together with Rowlet.

I usually pick Fire or Water because I always end up with a team full of Fire, Dark, Psychic and Ghost types.

Gen IV I had Greninja, Charizard, that awesome Blaziken you got and Talonflame. I should have picked Bulbasaur, but I wanted Mega Charizard.