M took a sip of coffee apathetically as he watched Joseph rant and rage. He had already installed surveillance in all of their homes. The transmitter in the tv was just one of many. 

"He's not wrong, you know." He said to the empty room around him. "But this investigation is too important to be botched by a loose cannon. We'll have to figure out some way to contain Mr. Busshu's.... antics until we can put them to use in an efficient way."

You paying for the explosives?

Let's just say that the explosives would be provided to you. You wouldn't have to pay for them yourself, if that's what you're asking. ;)

Edited by Metacognition

A looked through the records again.. something didn't seem right. Then he saw it. A repeated pattern in each Social Security number. They were fake! "Storms! It was a trap!" He quickly erased all traces of his presence and his mouth began to tighten. M had uncovered his dark side. Time to bring out the big guns. He dug into a bag and pulled out a silvery tube-shaped object with a 3D display on top of it. He flipped a switch on it, and the face of a young man was projected into the air in front of him.

"Socrates?"

"Yes master?"

"I have a job for you to do."

'Yes master."

Socrates was an experimental AI that he had created. It was, of course, programmed to have infallible morality and a brilliant mind. He reached into its neural interface port, and began walking through the pathways of the digital world, searching for just one loose thread. There. A ghost record of a parking ticket given to one Met Acognition. He then descended deeper into the strings and loops of the digital world, finding a picture of the weapon used by this "Kira". He took a picture of himself, scrambled the retinas and facial structure, then inserted a picture of this "Death Note" held up by him, the words "Met Acognitio-" written in it, with a smiling face scrawled next to it. That should scare M enough for him to reconsider the offer. And if he thought those monitoring devices were working- well, he had another thing coming for him.

Edited by Master Elodin

Sumiko sat on her floor thinking, flicking her lighter on and off. The offer this M person had given was... definitely enticing. Especially considering the Interpol Operation was no longer an option. Pity. She had been looking forward to burning the place to the ground and had already written out some plans for exactly how she'd do it. With a smile she picked up her notes and set them on fire, watching as small burning flakes of paper landed on her concrete floor. There was carpet there once. That had been the first thing in her apartment to go. She flicked her lighter off.

"Mista M? You keep me supplied with explosives and keep authorities away from me and I'll definitely consider your offer. But.." She flicked her lighter on and watched the flame for a few seconds, "Those other guys come first for me 'kay? They've let me burn things more than you have. 'xcept for that Hal guy. He's new. I haven't burnt much of his stuff yet....There's an idea..."

This back and forth between Meta and Elodin reminds me of the early days of the Skyrim RP that died. Two characters going back and forth without limitations on what they're technically allowed to do. #Jain

​Hal, did you ever writeup a Roommate agreement?

To:     [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hello friends. Joseph here.

Hal recently contacted the four of us about a job, beneficial to all of us. Removing our criminal records from Interpol, rendering us safe from both the police, and Kira.

As I'm certain you're all aware, this M character has taken it upon himself to hold our records hostage, in order to force us to work for him against Kira. While I do not fault his motives, I despise his methods. I want to get my records back. For all of us. But I can't do it alone. Not against someone who knows I'm coming, and is literally reading this email right now. (Seriously M, get out of my computer. First Rikku, then you? Can I have a little privacy?(If you do keep snooping around in my stuff, at least stay out of the folder labeled FnFction. For your sanity as much as mine.))

Rikku, Alexander, Hal, Sumiko. I need your help. If you're willing to help me take the fight against M, please, meet me in the National park south of the city. There's a large open field where we can discuss our plans to deal with M and Kira without being overheard. Bring Umbrella's (As old as possible) and paper. No electronics. Even you Alex. I don't want M to have anyway to know what we say, not even satellites looking down. So we'll be writing what we say, then burning the papers directly afterwards. (That's your job Sumiko.)

I'm counting on you four to be there. Please.

Joseph Busshu.

Edited by The Only Joe

This back and forth between Meta and Elodin reminds me of the early days of the Skyrim RP that died. Two characters going back and forth without limitations on what they're technically allowed to do. #Jain

​Hal, did you ever writeup a Roommate agreement?

To: [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hal recently contacted the four of us about a job, beneficial to all of us. Removing our criminal records from Interpol, rendering us safe from both the police, and Kira.

As I'm certain you're all aware, this M character has taken it upon himself to hold our records hostage, in order to force us to work for him against Kira. While I do not fault his motives, I despise his methods. I want to get my records back. For all of us. But I can't do it alone. Not against someone who knows I'm coming, and is literally reading this email right now. (Seriously M, get out of my computer. First Rikku, then you? Can I have a little privacy?(If you do keep snooping around in my stuff, at least stay out of the folder labeled FnFction. For your sanity as much as mine.))

Rikku, Alexander, Hal, Sumiko. I need your help. If you're willing to help me take the fight against M, please, meet me in the National park south of the city. There's a large open field where we can discuss our plans to deal with M and Kira without being overheard. Bring Umbrella's (As old as possible) and paper. No electronics. Even you Alex. I don't want M to have anyway to know what we say, not even satellites looking down. So we'll be writing what we say, then burning the papers directly afterwards. (That's your job Sumiko.)

Joseph Busshu.

[colour=blue] Not yet. And Burnt would totally have hotmail. Hal might too, for different reasons

The sound of a small explosion appeared to Sumiko's side, and she picked up her phone, seeing an email notification.

"Oh would you look at that Mista M. Someone sent Sumiko a message concerning you."

To: [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

"See that Mista M? He said hello Friends. He's a friend. Friends react much nicer when you burn their stuff.

Sumiko smirked at the bracketed comments.

"YESS! EVIDENCE BURNING!"

Joseph Busshu.

Sumiko quickly typed out a reply: Heheheeee i'll be there! I'll bring my fires too! :D

She hit send and said out loud, "I wonder if we'll see you there too mista M"

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

Akiyama came into consciousness gradually. He'd gotten very little sleep the night before, but knew he could spare precious little time in bed. He stretched, arching his back, and rolled on his slide to look at the clock next to him. 1:00. How was it that late already? Gods, he hated jetlag. He got up and strolled over to the only Internet-connected device in the building: a large, seemingly outdated desktop computer. He knew its looks were somewhat deceiving; despite its outward appearance, it was one of the most secure servers in the world, using a total of 6 VPNs around the world, each of which generated huge amounts of fake traffic to distract those that would follow the signal. The real signal was routed through one of these fake server banks so it, too, would appear to be a distraction to the experienced invader. Its large casing was filled with state-of-the-art hardware, providing it huge processing speed. Much of this enormous power was dedicated to unique anti-spy softwares developed by himself and his team. Sitting down at the computer, he opened his public email used as his business line. It was the only piece of information linked to himself he allowed to exist on the web; his team was very efficient at whitewashing his activities, and he acted through his underlings whenever possible. He rarely received mail on the address, but those who managed to find it were always skilled or rich enough that the jobs were intriguing. When he checked his inbox, he was surprised to see 2 messages awaiting his attention. Recognizing the email that had sent the more recent message, he clicked it open and absorbed the information contained within. It wasn't good news. A man known as M had been poking around Interpol digging up information on the criminals in the city. Akiyama himself was unlikely to be in danger; as far as he knew, he had not yet come to the attention of the authorities. Still, he didn't relish the idea of having a rival crimelord in the city with blackmail information on some of the most powerful and able criminals. Akiyama sincerely hoped M had taken only the limited files he claimed to have; if he had taken the rest, there was a good chance some of his own had been compromised. He mentally sighed. He couldn't afford to disavow some of his most valuable tools, nor could he afford to rely on those vulnerable to blackmail and conversion. The other email was from M. He had a difficult decision to make; either he could try and take M down, or he could try to partner with him and gain back the records as a sign of good faith.

If someone in the group against M currently wants to be the sender of the email, that'd be cool. Otherwise, I'll just have it be a NPC.

Edited by Bugsy6912

Rikku tried to see if whoever owned the laptop had been logged in, but she had no such luck. Pity. Rikku opened incognito mode to check her gmail, but was interrupted by a scream and loud crashes coming from the living room.

Rikku flinched, but continued typing in her password. One new email. She opened it.

To:     [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Joseph Busshu.

So the M thing hadn't been limited to this laptop. Was the Interpol job canceled? What about her pay? Last month, she'd barely broken even with the rent and tuition, even with almost daily raids at the major shopping centers.

"****," Rikku said. Then she turned the laptop off and looked for an umbrella.

Pay? I'm giving you the chance to work for me. Shouldn't that be payment enough?  B)  Plus, I'm kind of holding your records hostage.... 

How do I know you have our records? Give me a copy and then I'll consider it. Also, if you hire me, you have to be willing to pay for expenses. If I get caught because I couldn't afford a disguise, I'm useless.

What are the rules of RP swearing?

A note fell from the sky onto M's lap saying, I'd be willing to help, if you help me. I'm being hunted and need resources plus protection. I have talents you could use, just give me a thumbs up and I will know that you accept my deal.

Edited by Conquestor

A note fell from the sky onto M's lap saying, I'd be willing to help, if you help me. I'm being hunted and need resources plus protection. I have talents you could use, just give me a thumbs up and I will know that you accept my deal.

You just sentenced yourself to death by Alex by joining forces with Metacognition.

What are the rules of RP swearing?

Same as everywhere else in the forum.  If you use a bad word it's automatically changed to something else.  Also, I would not try and circumvent the filter as that's a big no-no.

Oh, right. I would like to me to change my name to A in light of the attacks by M.

Name change denied. :P  You used your name two posts later so clearly you still think of yourself as Alexander Notlimah.

Same as everywhere else in the forum.  If you use a bad word it's automatically changed to something else.  Also, I would not try and circumvent the filter as that's a big no-no.

I want to depict a swearer that doesn't use Sanderson swears. Is completely starring out the word okay? (That's what I did in my previous posts this game.)

Name change denied. :P  You used your name two posts later so clearly you still think of yourself as Alexander Notlimah.

Because my name hadn't been changed yet.

How do I know you have our records? Give me a copy and then I'll consider it. Also, if you hire me, you have to be willing to pay for expenses. If I get caught because I couldn't afford a disguise, I'm useless.

It's already on its way... in a manner of speaking. ;) Any and all items you would need to complete any task would be provided for you upon request and as long as they are to help with the investigation. 

M picked up the piece of paper by a corner, holding it up askew. He turned his head so that he could read it before setting it aside. He'd have the lab he had on standby analyze it later. 

The more pressing question, he thought as he returned to his computer monitors, is how the note arrived. Is our location already compromised? 

The room offered no answers, as there were no windows or exits other than the singular door or the small air vents. 

If we are compromised, we'll need to move to plan C. Which will remove G, H, and I from the list as well. D and E still seem like they might be salvageable though. 

He sighed as he continued clicking through the screens. 

"Already the complications begin."

This person did go to great lengths to get it to me. Either they are in dire need or they are very resourceful. This will need to handled w-

His train of thought cut off as he opened an email with a photo sent from the mysterious A. 

This, he thought as he cocked his head to once side and rubbed his earlobe. This will have to take precedence though. Could Kira really be so easily forthcoming?

M studied the picture in silence. 

I agree with this as well. Let's not turn this into a one-up-manship of who can wish on the best things. I call it the genie effect, since it's all just wishful thinking and doesn't get anywhere.

"Well, if you have that, then I wish for this!"

"Fine then, I'll wish for this! So there!" 

The only reason I countered him on the records was because it really didn't fit the character; not that it defeated the purpose of the gambit. 

Let's keep this at least somewhat reasonable. We're all writing a story together after all and no one wants to read a story about a bunch of Mary Sues.  

Edited by Metacognition

A watched as M stewed. He had flipped the camera from M's computer. A simple trick, really. Too bad he had made it this easy. After watching M pace around the room for a while, he decided that it was time for him to initiate phase 2 of his plan. He had already discovered M's location, and he knew there was something more to all of this than just Kira. No, M wanted something more. Too bad that A was going to snatch it out of his hands.

EDIT: Why did this get downvoted? Did I do something wrong?

EDIT AGAIN: Oh, I see. Well, if someone else would like to step in that's fine, but otherwise this is my RP.

Edited by Master Elodin