The Cognitive shadows Kelsier met

Honeth

Having recently read The band of Mourning and The secret history, and having read more than a few posts here, there is just something that I need help with. 1st, who were the two people Klesier met( a woman and a man whose names I don't remember), the ones who pointed him towards, what I assume were Elantrians? 

And secondly somewhere here I read that at the end of a book?/short story?, there was this line, "We Selish will get a shard of our own", or something like that. At the time I assumed it referred to the secret history but that was not the case

The two people were Khriss and Nazh, who are collecting information about the Cosmere and its worlds, magic, etc. Khriss writes the Ars Arcanum at the ends of each book, while Nazh does many of the drawings we see.

jW

They're not Cognitive Shadows or Elantrians; they're living people from other Shardworlds. Khriss is from Taldain, the planet White Sand will be set on, and will be a character in the graphic novel and Nazh is from Threnody, the world of Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell. Both of them actually appeared in Bands of Mourning; Khriss was asking Wax questions at the party in New Seran, and Nazh is the mysterious man in the broadsheet stories who is after a map.

Also, what line are you referring to? It sounds like something in Secret History, when the Ire were talking about taking Preservation:

“We move forward,” the seated man said, looking to the others. One at a time, they nodded. “Devotion protect us. We move forward.”

“You won’t need Devotion, Elrao,” Alonoe said. “You will have me.”

Alonoe was going to take Preservation and become a Shard; apparently, they couldn't take Devotion (possibly because it is still splintered at this point in time).

Thank you for clearing this up for me. Do you know whether they appear in any other books besides those you already mentioned? Also the line i was talking about is not from Secret history (I though so too before i finish the novella). I remember the line you quoted here and it's not the same. I'm not sure where it was from I remember someone saying here that it was the last line of a book? Novella? I don't know. 

Thank you for clearing this up for me. Do you know whether they appear in any other books besides those you already mentioned? Also the line i was talking about is not from Secret history (I though so too before i finish the novella). I remember the line you quoted here and it's not the same. I'm not sure where it was from I remember someone saying here that it was the last line of a book? Novella? I don't know. 

Are you perhaps referring to this?

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/52968-sh-spoilers-new-vessel-for-elantris-shards/#entry411722

In which case the context actually is a conversation about the quote Pagerunner quoted.

Thank you for clearing this up for me. Do you know whether they appear in any other books besides those you already mentioned?

IIRC, Nazh is in WoR. Edit: And technically, any drawings signed by him. And of course, the Ars Arcanum are written by Khriss.

Edited by Argel

I though most of the sketches in Stormlight were Shallan's. I guess I was wrong :P

I think there were some, but some were Nazh's too. He was sketching the bridgemen in one scene too, but I don't think we saw those.

jW

• Chaos locked this topic