I found a couple of small mistakes in well of ascension

king of nowhere

Pretty much what the title says. Now, maybe they were fixed in later versions, probably someone else noticed and reported them, but just in case I think I should drop them.

Chapter 19; Sazed  has been traveling ans is now nearing luthadel.

"Luthadel was now a little over a week away. [...] He'd passed Faleast and Tyrian, two of the northern ashmounts. Tyrian was still just barely visible to the south"

This doesn't fit with the map. First, tyrian is a northern ashmount, but Faleast is not - it is to the southeast of luthadel. Second, Sazed was coming from southeast, and tyrian is to the northwest of luthadel. So to have tyrian to the south, sazed should have walked north past luthadel for at least a couple of weeks. The sentence would fit with the map if the mount sazed sees to the south was faleast, which was along the way he would have made to return to luthadel.

Chapter 31; the assembly has to vote to appoint a chancelllor.

"He got a good eighteen hands - all of the skaa, most of the nobility, only one of the merchants."

That cannot be. the assembly has 24 members, 8 skaa, 8 merchants, 8 nobles. to get 18 votes, he'd have needed at least all skaa, all nobles and two merchants.

Maybe the whole assembly isn't there?

and your point is? he got 18 votes, the total number of non-merchants is 16, so at least two merchants voted for him. in fact, if the whole assembly wasn't there, then it would mean even more merchants must have voted for penrod.

Nice catches. I know for newer books there are pinned typo lists that the unstoppable Peter Ahlstrom checks but for an older work like this... well, you might be able to tweet them to Peter for when they do the 10th Anniversary edition (which is only in a year or two eh?).

Does anyone here, mods or otherwise, know a good way to get these corrections to the right person?

oh, and i found another as well in the epilogue: it has sazed reading the original metal plate at the conventical of seran, and it opens with "two weeks later, a solitary figure arrived at the conventical of seran". But before, when he came back from the conventical to luthadel, he mentioned that it was six weeks of travel - he only could make them faster because he had his metalminds, which he didn't have later. it could be believable if he took four weeks by pressing hard, but not two.

Nice catches. I know for newer books there are pinned typo lists that the unstoppable Peter Ahlstrom checks but for an older work like this... well, you might be able to tweet them to Peter for when they do the 10th Anniversary edition (which is only in a year or two eh?).

Does anyone here, mods or otherwise, know a good way to get these corrections to the right person?

yeah, that's exactly the reason i opened this thread. i don't know why i forgot to state it explicitly.

i don't have a twitter account, so i can't tweet it to peter. it would be nice if those could get fixed.

• 2 years later...

This is an old thread but I noticed something in Chapter 24 which gave me a double take;

This is from when Vin hears the bronze vibrations coming from the well of ascension the second time. 

She Shivered. She had asked Clubs to burn bronze and he had claimed to hear nothing from the north. Either he was the Candra, lying to her about his ability to burn bronze...

There are a few times I've seen facts change in the mistborn series but I mostly glossed over them thinking they might be Sandersons way of hinting at Ruins influence, but this is a clear conflict with Club's established ability to burn Copper.

ps - all of my Sanderson books are in Audiobook form so apologies if I mess up spelling of names or places.

2 hours ago, Strozu said:

This is an old thread but I noticed something in Chapter 24 which gave me a double take;

This is from when Vin hears the bronze vibrations coming from the well of ascension the second time. 

There are a few times I've seen facts change in the mistborn series but I mostly glossed over them thinking they might be Sandersons way of hinting at Ruins influence, but this is a clear conflict with Club's established ability to burn Copper.

ps - all of my Sanderson books are in Audiobook form so apologies if I mess up spelling of names or places.

This must be a mistake in the audio book itself as in my hard copy that line reads: "She shivered. She had asked one of Elend's seekers to burn bronze, and he claimed to hear nothing from the north."

Edited by Nathrangking

9 hours ago, Strozu said:

Pretty sure that's just the audiobook, because both of my copies agree with what @Nathrangking said.

• Chaos locked this topic