17th Shard Discord [chatroom]

Kestrel

For the record i have no idea what I'm doing

So I've been using Discord for two different sites and its really, really good. Its like Skype but takes up less space and actually works, and can be ran through the browser or mobile app! It had text and voice chat, but you don't have to use voice.

Anyway, I've set up a server for us to chat on; if you want the invite key please pm me, as we don't want spammers in the chat. It'll be moderated by me until I can figure out how to apply permissions to people, and the rules for our server will be the same as the actual site.

I'm also tweaking some things with it. But its super easy and nice to use. My handle is Avyra. If you already have an account and want to add me personally, pm me and I'll send my number key.

This would be pretty cool for Shard parties and events. Like the *coughs* movie nights.

But yeah, hope to see anyone interested on Discord!

Edit: I totally forgot to include the actual site!

https://discordapp.com/

If you want to get to it via mobile browser, request desktop site then click "Launch Discord"

If you wish to friend somebody, too, you'll need their handle name and ID number.

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This might be a good place to remind people that there's also an irc channel! #cosmere on freenode, I believe. There's a webchat feature somewhere in the menus I think, but i can't see it on mobile.

I've heard many good things about discord though, lots of people use it for gaming and stuff. I'll look into it, once I have a decent computer again.

• 3 months later...

I've been thinking about this. IRC, while functional, is a really dated technology (and so are forums, to be honest, but I don't know of another platform that can support the kind of community we have here), so I am actually very much in favor of migrating the chat over to Discord. Fully migrating it. It's not something I will push for, as I don't hang out in the IRC channel either, but if we had a Discord server, I could at least leave it in the background and share cool stuff there occasionally.

21 minutes ago, Zathoth said:

@Argent Then the question is: Do we use Larks dead group; the one I made for offensive card games that has more people, but is mostly dead or do we make a new, official one?

I would prefer a new one. But I would also prefer it to be created and managed (though Discord maintenance and management is pretty light) by admins, moderators, or someone they elect. 

33 minutes ago, Argent said:

I would prefer a new one. But I would also prefer it to be created and managed (though Discord maintenance and management is pretty light) by admins, moderators, or someone they elect. 

This sounds good to me, now we just need to summon the mods.

• 10 months later...