The Last Dawn of Vealen RPG [Looking for Adventurers]

Unodus

Vealen is a harsh planet divided in twain. Two grand civilizations have grown on opposite ends of the globe, unaware of the others existence. Each has a unique magic system, different climates and economies, and contrasting views. Today, the sun didn't rise, and all the signs point to one thing- the end of all life itself. When the apocalypse is at hand, war is inevitable. There is only one hope for your people, to find the sun.

So, Vealen is a concept for a game I've been brainstorming for a while now. Similar to Edassa, the game takes places on a planet with it's own ecosystem and pre-built empires. The aim is to split the group of players in two and create a story from the consequences of the two civilizations colliding- I have a number of players from the steam forum ready, but the more the merrier.  All magic is "hard" and follows Sandersons law of magics. Unlike most RPGs, the entire game will take place on separate google docs- that way, there will be no way of telling who is a player and who is an npc (so be careful who you kill ;3). Mysteries and secrets will play a crucial part in the game because not all the game mechanics/aspects will be explained to everyone. I've "borrowed" some mechanics from the mistborn rpg to help with character creation (attributes, standings, etc), but whether they'll have an impact on the game I don't know- characters can range from kings to scholars to any part of society. Players actions will be resolved at an hourly rate in ingame time to keep everyone in the present- but things like combat and diplomacy won't consume time. I don't have anything planned aside from the initial state of each continent- so how the game develops will be dependent on how players react.

If anyone's interested in joining in, let me know and I'll pm the details to you.

If anyone's interested in spectating a doc once the game has begun, I'll allow it on the expectation that you don't repeat any of its contents anywhere else and if the doc owner agrees.

I've probably missed out tons of stuff, so if anyone's got any questions feel free to ask

Edited by Unodus

Alright, PMs have been sent. We're almost ready to start the game- here's the players I've got listed down 

Team A
Luxurious195
ErectileRaptor
CloudJumper
Master Elodin

Team B
Turquoise
Spazzy99
Marioalexsan
Golden Ramsay

If anyone would still like to apply, now would be the time to say it :V
Edited by Unodus

• 2 weeks later...
The game has now officially begun!

You should find that the character sheet you've submitted has been updated. As of now, the situation is clearer to some more than others- so exploration is key right now. The game itself will take place between the ///, that way whenever your props or stats change- all non-static variables will be at the bottom of the page. I've also introduced a mechanic that makes sleeping mandatory, that way we will only be waiting for about 4 people at any moment of time. From here on out, the game should update daily (except under extreme circumstances)- so make sure to check your document frequently (if you lose the link, just ask because I've got them all noted down). 

If anyone has any questions, mechanic or lore wise, feel free to ask me on a pm or on a doc. If anyone is interested in the game, but doesn't want to commit to a character- tell me and I can organize someone for you to spectate. In the case of late joiners, the game is still open if anyone wants to jump in- but you will have a lot to catch up on.

That aside, have fun- and good luck! :3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry that updates have been slow this week, been implementing two new players into the game- Sirmat on Team A, and Order on Team B.

In other news, in light of how hourly turns are taking a lot longer than anticipated- I'm implementing a new mechanic which will allow each player to vote for how many hours they need to skip publicly. This should help pick up the rate the game progresses so people can actually get out of their starting continent without spending months (which would be irl years) on the road.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12HE82nJoxj_fxknuo_cN6wyMPMeGIUfSDMyorDLcUVw/edit

Thanks again for taking part, I hope the game will become more enjoyable now ^-^

• 1 month later...

I'm afraid that due to real life circumstance, I have to retire this game. Sorry for bringing it to a close before it properly gained momentum, but realistically I can't keep updating it anymore consistently. Thank you all for volunteering, and I'm really really sorry.  x.x
It's possible I might open the game again, but at the moment I'm looking at opening the docs so everyone can see eachothers doc- unless anyone here has any objections to that.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished writing a finisher for everyones doc, bringing game 17 to an official close.
Since the game is over, I'll be opening the docs- you can find everyones sheets here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kNjrMWQ31fB8xWN2sxG0vmBwmrv0UGT6Bc1so_-bJ34/edit?usp=sharing
(You might want to set your docs to "view only" just in case, I can't do that since I don't any of the docs)
I hope ya'll found the game interesting, I left a lot of unanswered questions- so if you're curious about anything feel free to ask since I'm not fussed about secret keeping now, though I may continue it another way if people are interested.
Thanks everyone for playing ^0^