Bleeder using Feruchemical Steel

Otto Didact

I'm confused by how Bleeder could use Feruchemical Steel to shoot a bunch of people at Winsting Innate's auction. Sure, she'd be fast enough to run around the room and shoot at the criminals, but the gun wouldn't be mechanically able to fire, cock again, and fire again five times in the space of a second. I was really surprised when I read that. How did she do it? Did she have a bunch of guns? Does your steel speed extend to the stuff you're touching/using? Was it just a mistake?

I'm confused by how Bleeder could use Feruchemical Steel to shoot a bunch of people at Winsting Innate's auction. Sure, she'd be fast enough to run around the room and shoot at the criminals, but the gun wouldn't be mechanically able to fire, cock again, and fire again five times in the space of a second. I was really surprised when I read that. How did she do it? Did she have a bunch of guns? Does your steel speed extend to the stuff you're touching/using? Was it just a mistake?

There is a whole thread on this. A point one person made is there are speed shooters in real life that can unload a sixshooter incredibly fast so it is not a stretch. I forgot the numbers to it though. 

Which quite a few people share your thoughts. It is in the thread asking why is feruchemical steel broken. Some of the responses pointed out that bleeder is a kandra, so was not subject to a lot of the limitations inherent to steel. Also others have posited that she might have been compounding to have as much as she did. 

Edited by Pathfinder

the post they are referring to is this one:

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/48947-steelrunning-secondary-powers-what-kind-of-imbalanced-broken-power-is-that/page-5#entry390738

While there is good agrreement that Feruchemical steel is by far the most powerful single power to have - provided you can get enough charge, cause many in-world sources agree that it is difficult to store - and it has less limitations than it should (at the speed she was moving, bleeder should have slipped on the marble floor as if she was walking on ice), the gun scene is perfecty explained by nnormal physics. Sometimes regular humans without superpowers can do things that would seem ridiculous. On the same level, I discovered that the record speed with a bow was shoooting ten arrows in less than 6 seconds. With enough precision to hit a person from ten meters.

About the charge issue, bleeder was probably half-compounding: real compounding requires burning a metalmind for power, and storing that power in another metalmind, then repeat the process to multiply your storage at will. This requires both abilities at the same time, so bleeder could not do it, but she could fill a metalmind and then get a coinshot spike and burn it. It would not give limitless supplies, but it would give you much more power than you started with.

• Chaos locked this topic