What happens when someone with the Tenth Heightening creates a Lifeless?

shadowwisp

Possibly Kalad's Phantoms were made while Vasher held the Treasure, and they are grey as far as I know. But then again it might just be the bones inside them that are Awakened...

I think this question is on the "official" list of questions for Brandon though, so maybe someone will ask it at some point.

One could also speculate that the Lifeless could be imprinted with a security phrase that might be unbreakable due to the the strength of a 10th Heightening Awakener. Perhaps even the Lifeless would be able to respond to commands faster, or be able to follow more complex commands, more powerful in general?

Awekening uses color like fuel...therefore draining more color I suppose give to the create Liveless more "efficience".

Maybe the Command works better and you have need to use less breath or maybe your White Lifeless may keep moving for more time after being hurted.

Less than 1?

In the end...Yes. Of course is impossible to give less than a Breath, but this mean that the "extra piece of Breath" is a surplus to the Lifeless and may be "spent" in other way that the average gray lifeless.

We saw on Cloud that extra Breaths give to the Lifeless more Cognitive abilities and better past life experience, maybe in the same way a White Lifeless has more of his previous skill and when hurt He may resist better and longer before He need a new Breath.

Of course this is just a my Speculation, I have no proofs, just some clue based on Clod and some Denth dialogue about Lifeless (and He may be lie)

I don't believe it is impossible to give less than a Breath.  Remember, the mindwipe command Vasher gave to the little girl worked, and she only had one Breath to give.  

If the Breath are a discrete amount, it's impossible to split it.

And I have to re-read the scene, but I remember that Vasher uses a Breath from his reserve, not the Girl's one.

But in the end, we don't know if the Breath are a discrete amount, therefore is possible to move less than a single breath maybe

If the Breath are a discrete amount, it's impossible to split it.

And I have to re-read the scene, but I remember that Vasher uses a Breath from his reserve, not the Girl's one.

But in the end, we don't know if the Breath are a discrete amount, therefore is possible to move less than a single breath maybe

Vasher told the girl that he was going to say something, and that she needed to repeat it and mean it. (Also Vivenna needed to step out of earshot)

Vasher told the girl that he was going to say something, and that she needed to repeat it and mean it. (Also Vivenna needed to step out of earshot)

Yeah I remember this, but we don't know if Vasher give to her a Breath before, or in the end you may probably have right

Yeah I remember this, but we don't know if Vasher give to her a Breath before, or in the end you may probably have right

Vivenna had her aura sense. She'd have been able to tell (especially since the girl definitely didn't have any extra Breaths before the rescue), and while she was looking did note that Denth had lied to her (which at that point was less of a shocker that it perhaps could have been). Therefore, what she saw going on during the girl's mindwipe ran counter to how Denth described having Breaths. Ergo, the only logical conclusion is that the girl only had one Breath when she spoke the command to remove her own memory of the kidnap.

If the girl used her own breath for the mindwipe, logically she would have Awakened (or whatever you call it) herself.

She'd have given her Breath to herself, so obviously she'd still have it.

It'd be getting something for nothing though, so it's not Realmatics-consistent. Just putting it out there.

Edited by EagleOfTheForestPath

Well, something will probably drain of color obviously, so there's that.

Awakening is somewhat of a low-expenditure technique since the breath persists for years even if you do something with it, and in this case you're not even animating anything, just altering memories. Feruchemists can lose memories without much trouble, and since memories in the physical are basically neuron connections it's not too far beyond the level of changing your hair color at will, which would require altering the chemical structure of your pigmentation.

If the girl used her own breath for the mindwipe, logically she would have Awakened (or whatever you call it) herself.

She'd have given her Breath to herself, so obviously she'd still have it.

It'd be getting something for nothing though, so it's not Realmatics-consistent. Just putting it out there.

The book seems to imply that there are "internal breath" commands which can modify your own, single breath.  Vasher offers this kind of thing to Denth as well.

The mechanics of this are unclear, at best.  We don't know if it involves color being drained.

• Chaos locked this topic