Do you intend to buy the Graphic Novel?

Young Bard

Do you intend to buy the Graphic Novel?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you intend to buy the Graphic Novel?

• Yes
    • No
    • I haven't made up my mind yet

At this stage, I think I'm probably going to get it, but I haven't settled my mind on the issue. I'm curious what others intend to do.

Pros:

Looks cool.

I liked the story last time.

Cons:

I already knows what's going to happen.

Graphic novels have never been my favourite media form.

I don't know where I'd buy it, as my regular bookshop doesn't stock graphic novels.

Edited by The Young Bard

I will buy it, I think I will take the English version because probably the Graphic Novel will not be traslated.

To be honest I am a little curious and after all, I want to see the Canon version of the story, something will be different and as far as I know for example a character recive a male/female switch between the novel and the graphic

After looking at some of the previews, I am definitely going to buy it. Graphic novels are my favorite way to consume media and I'm so excited that Brandon is including them in the cosmere as original works. Plus the art looks gorgeous and I'm excited to see how Brandon has changed the story and added more cosmere easter eggs.

@The Young Bard - The best place to find the graphic novel will be at your local game/comic store. Brick and mortar bookstores do a horrible job of stocking graphic novels. Just go in and ask if they have it on order and if they don't, you can get them to order it so that it'll be there when it comes out.

I grew up on comic books, but the only reason I stopped was because there would be so many different authors or artists for one character it was hard to keep everything straight and as soon as i found an author and artist I liked, they would get rid of them. In this case it will be a graphic novel, so not individual easy to damage comics, and it will be one author and one artist for its entire run. So I already pre-ordered mine from Amazon  :D

I'm not a big graphic novel fan personally, but I'm going to get it so I can make my other friends read it (they're comics people and getting them to read prose novels is like pulling teeth sometimes). I'm hoping its good enough to tease them into wanting to read the rest of the cosmere. Then I'll have new people to bore with long bouts of cosmere speculation.

I will get the graphic novel, mostly because i don´t like reading on an electronical device. I never read a graphic novel before so i hope i´ll like the format. But actually i´m a bit bothered by it already, but that is primarily because i want my cosmere collection to be the same format.

Wait, whoa. What? How do we know this is happening? I must have missed a preview somewhere.

You have to go look at the Amazon preview and keep hitting the Surprise me! button. It will eventually take you to the introduction of the scene where the Lady Judge asks Ais to follow Kenton.

You have to go look at the Amazon preview and keep hitting the Surprise me! button. It will eventually take you to the introduction of the scene where the Lady Judge asks Ais to follow Kenton.

I´ve done that now for a good 5 minutes and didn´t see anything like that... :(

Yeah, it definitely looks like they've changed the preview. It now seems restricted to the first chapter and some concept art only. There used to be a (relative) ton of pages with Khriss in them, and I can't find any of them now. 

You'll have to wait a couple of months :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is probably the first work from Sanderson that I'm just not going to buy, at least not until it's cheaper than $25 for a third of a book told in pictures. I'm honestly just not a fan of the art from the previews, and the practice of bolding really important words. Plus, thanks to Brandon's generosity, admittedly, I already know what happens minus Hoid. Ais being a girl now shatters my Javert image.

Some quick math from the preview:

It takes me 30 seconds to read a page of the graphic novel with a medium amount of text. (I already said I don't really enjoy the art, so I'm not taking time to absorb it.)

Amazon says there are 160 pages in this book.

I will be done with this book in 80 minutes.

This book is charging me $18.75/hr to read it.