Kenton and Khriss

QuantumSpren

Hello, long time lurker first time poster in the forum. I was wondering if we had any evidence in the greater Cosmere that Kenton travels with Khriss or the Seventeenth shard. It seems like Kenton would be the kind of person to follow her where ever she goes due to the end of the novel, so if we don't have any evidence of Kenton worldhopping then that does not bode well him or their relationship. Thanks! 

There's a street named Kenton Street in Mistborn 1. Make of that what you will.

You should be up to a shopping trip soon,” Renoux said, looking up at her. “Perhaps you would like to visit Kenton Street? Get some new earrings to replace that pedestrian stud you wear?”

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as I'm sure you know, Khriss writes the Ars Arcanum. The Ars arcanum in the back of The Final Empire was consistent with the general knowledge of the nobility of that time. Although it might just be Brandon keeping us in the dark, we can be reasonably sure that this means that Khriss (And/or Kenton) visited or will visit Scadrial around this time. 

On a side note, if they were stranded there and Khriss got fat, I could see her as a sneaky-all-knowing court gossip(Kliss)

I really wish kenton becomes a world hopper. kenton and khriss romance is good :)

I didn't like it. This is likely because Brandon was not skilled enough to sell it to me, but it felt super forced. Plus the slight hints at romance between Kaladin and Shallan in Words of Radiance are too similar to what we see between Kenton and Khriss - the jabs, the banter, even the personalities of the characters (to an extent). 

• 9 months later...

One of my main issues with this entire draft, wonderful as it may be, was that the characters all seemed too similar to the characters in Stormlight or Elantris. With some differences, Kenton is Kaladin, Khriss is Shallan, Delious is Sebarial, Baon is Galladon (which is amusing considering that they appear together later), Vey is Roion, etc.

On 5/2/2016 at 7:44 AM, Argent said:

I didn't like it. This is likely because Brandon was not skilled enough to sell it to me, but it felt super forced. Plus the slight hints at romance between Kaladin and Shallan in Words of Radiance are too similar to what we see between Kenton and Khriss - the jabs, the banter, even the personalities of the characters (to an extent). 

Yep

• 9 months later...
On 07/02/2017 at 11:48 AM, Releaser12 said:

One of my main issues with this entire draft, wonderful as it may be, was that the characters all seemed too similar to the characters in Stormlight or Elantris. With some differences, Kenton is Kaladin, Khriss is Shallan, Delious is Sebarial, Baon is Galladon (which is amusing considering that they appear together later), Vey is Roion, etc.

That seems like quite the stretch to me. The only one I would really agree with is the parallel between Delious and Sebarial, the rest share one or two similarities with their "counterparts"  but realistically most characters do; Harry Potter shares some personality traits with Kaladin, it doesn't mean they're similar. 

The sand is also mentioned in Oathbringer. And it's reacting to Shallan.

---

Galladon is a laid-back guy, Baon is a serious guy. Kaladin's story is about his depression and guilt, Kenton is more trying to prove his worth and deciding to prove it to himself, instead, when everybody else dies (not because of him in any way). Is Dellous that drunk admiral? He has a common theme with Sebarial, but where Seb has obfuscating stupidity, a mistress, and just making rational decisions at all time instead of fighting, that guy has a mind game to win by really actually doing nothing at all except being pissed-out drunk until a critical moment.

If we're talking how they have a bit of similar traits, then there's a total of like, 10 characters in all known literature.The small helper girl in White Sand is more similar to Lift than your other examples are to each other.

Edited by XenosHg