Cosmere connections

The Invested Beard

I thought it would be handy to have a thread for speculation and comparison on the Cosmere connections Brandon puts in the graphic novel that aren't in the prose version. Since there is very little in the original that has anything to do with the Cosmere I wouldn't be surprised if Brandon has inserted more connections this go 'round.

Speculate away!

Well Khriss and Blunt are both in White Sand and they are worldhoppers. I wouldn't be surprised if Khriss found a way to Investiture hack to give her worldhopping and immortality, then Kenton dies and she leaves in mourning. A few months later, she's badchull worldhopper Khriss Something.

So here's one definite change we know of, thanks Weiry Writer for posting this in the Hoid thread:

[Signing Line - 01:38:35]

Questioner

You are releasing a graphic novel version of White Sand, which one is going to be canon to the cosmere, the graphic novel or the novel you originally wrote?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh definitely the graphic novel. The book I originally wrote has its problems, and I never released it. The books don't become canon until I release them. This will be the canon release of White Sand. I don't think-- If the graphic novel does well we are not going to write novels, I'm going to do the second one as a graphic novel original. That's just how we are going to do it-- is my plan right now. There are things when we went back to it that we tweaked, for instance Hoid's appearance in the original novel was only a reference. He was mentioned by, what did I end up calling him, Eis? Ais, I had both names for a while, it was only a reference to one of his old cases, that's his only appearance. And we're like "Ehh people are going to expect more now". So we are writing in a better appearance for him. Stuff like that, I feel Khriss' character needs better development than the novel had, so we are working on that. Stuff, you know. Things you would do in a major revision.

I think there's probably going to be more than just Hoid that gets a little more of a tease when it comes to Cosmere connections, but that's a good confirmation.

So here's one definite change we know of, thanks Weiry Writer for posting this in the Hoid thread:

I think there's probably going to be more than just Hoid that gets a little more of a tease when it comes to Cosmere connections, but that's a good confirmation.

Hopefully we get a full appearance and can actually see what he looks like instead of just our mind's eye

Hopefully we get a full appearance and can actually see what he looks like instead of just our mind's eye

Would be cool, although I don't know if they'll go with Hoid's normal white haired appearance or if he'll be in disguise, in which case we'd still be pretty much in the dark. Wouldn't put it past Brandon lol.

Would be cool, although I don't know if they'll go with Hoid's normal white haired appearance or if he'll be in disguise, in which case we'd still be pretty much in the dark. Wouldn't put it past Brandon lol.

Lol true, though given that the only reason we in the books at least have ever recognized Hoid is either by his physical description or if he is disguised, by his name and it is said he will have a bigger part in the graphic novel version, I am leaning towards appearance myself.