Humanity in the Cosmere question

So the following contains Cosmere-wide spoilers so I'll hide it just to be safe.

I know that humans in the Cosmere originate from Yolen, and I know that Preservation and Ruin specifically created their own humans, but what I don't know is how the rest of the humans got to the other planets. Was there a mass immigration in the super distant past from Yolen to other worlds, or did the other Shardholders also create sentient life? I've just only ever seen a WoB on this about Scardians and nothing else. I'd be super happy with sources on any answers if possible. Thanks.

*Edit*, I meant to post this in the Cosmere Theories board but did it here by accident.

Edited by ZeldaDad

If I'm not mistaken, there were also humans on planets other than Yolen before the Shattering. Whether they got there because they worldhopped from Yolen, because Adonalsium created human life on several planets, or a little of both, we don't know. As for humans that were created by the Shards after the Shattering, WOB implies that Scadrial isn't the only place that this happened, but I don't think there's any 100% confirmation. So, basically, no one knows (except Brandon and maybe some of his team).

I think the most interesting worlds for this question are Threnody and First of the Sun.  Being minor Shardworlds, the humans there couldn't have been directly created by shards (I assume), which means that people must of gotten there either by migrating (which I think would be more interesting) or by being created there by Adonalsium.  Secret History Spoilers:

Given in Secret History we see the Ire worried about Threnodites, I think the former is more likely (at least for Threnody), as we know that at least some Realmatic Theory is known on Threnody before Shadows takes place, which I think is pretty good evidence for people having migrated there using knowledge gained whilst on a major Shardworld (I can't see people getting much opportunity to study Realmatics whilst on a minor Shardworld).

I think the most interesting worlds for this question are Threnody and First of the Sun. Being minor Shardworlds, the humans there couldn't have been directly created by shards (I assume), which means that people must of gotten there either by migrating (which I think would be more interesting) or by being created there by Adonalsium. Secret History Spoilers:

Given in Secret History we see the Ire worried about Threnodites, I think the former is more likely (at least for Threnody), as we know that at least some Realmatic Theory is known on Threnody before Shadows takes place, which I think is pretty good evidence for people having migrated there using knowledge gained whilst on a major Shardworld (I can't see people getting much opportunity to study Realmatics whilst on a minor Shardworld).

MB:SH spoilers:

On Secret History, Nazh also implies of rituals and traditions involved in the creation of lasting Cognitive Shadows, which could be seem as evidence that either the Shades were once belign and perhaps even sapient, or that there is a way to create belign and sapient Shades. The possibility of undead researchers studying from the other side seens like enough opportunity for ancient Threnodites to learn much more about Realmatics than most other worlds we have seen.

Edited by DreamEternal

• Chaos locked this topic