It's interesting that the eliminators chose to kill Rae since it doesn't put them any closer to their win condition. We might be able to get an idea of who would try that strategy since it isn't just the normal random-looking C1 kill. Maybe their choice of Rae over Mark also says something about them. I don't really know what to make of it though. We might not be able to use Mark to coordinate anything if the eliminators decide to kill him too, so we should make sure to focus on other ways of finding eliminators.

Looking back, I realized that the GMs didn't actually say whether Falls would be in the writeups (and, if so, whether it would be shown if the roleblock is for 1 cycle or 2). Since PK fell in the writeup, if PK actually did Fall that indicates they will be, even if they aren't in the end-of-writeup summary. I am also confused about where the idea that PK was storing Iron came from. Storing Iron protects from falls, so if he fell, he can't have been storing Iron.

I also disagree with Phatt that landslides benefit the traitors the most. Landslides split the group into two parts--equal parts for purposeful ones. By the time causing a landslide is actually possible, splitting the group up will divide up the group similarly to in LG17 so any kill will only have a few suspects. If the eliminators get to choose the landslide, they can probably do it favorably for themselves, but if an innocent player gets to choose it, it can really limit the eliminators' options. I'm not sure that taking 5 actions to store all that iron is worth it, but storing iron isn't an obviously eliminator move.

As for Bugsy's comment about a landslide this turn, I'd expect a landslide to be mentioned in the turn summary if it happened and for the people caught in it to be listed since we aren't allowed to use actions or PM the people in a landslide, and we wouldn't be able to follow the no PM rule if we didn't know who was in the landslide. Also, the comment you picked out sounds more like a hint that landslides can happen during the game than a mention of one actually happening.

Also, there's a few people who haven't posted and several who only made a brief post. There needs to be more discussion happening for us to find eliminators.

My reasoning was that he almost fell but didn't, because he was storing iron. In terms of your suspicion, Maill, I would like something more concrete than "I have a gut feeling". I think that rockslides are great ways to flush out traitors, as if a kill happens down there, there are less options to consider.

Edited by Master Elodin

Poor Arraenae. She still has yet to survive a full game. Maybe next time!

Anyways, I'm gonna put my vote on Strawman. He's usually much more talkative than he's been. His random vote on me last Cycle isn't really out of the norm, but other than that, I don't think he's posted anything.

And I also agree with luckat that landslides probably benefit the village more than eliminators, so storing Iron doesn't really seem like an eliminator thing to do, unless they're just trying to not get caught in a landslide. In LG17, even though inactivity kinda hindered the usage of the mission, we were able to narrow down on the last 2 Traitors because of a mission(which was basically a Landslide, except with 4 players, and 1 players would choose those 4 players each Night Turn). So once a couple landslides have happened, and if we pay attention to online times and such, we might be able to narrow down our suspect list a good amount, which, since there's no real "seeker/scanner" role, could end up being really helpful, especially in the later stages of the game.

Anyways, I'm gonna put my vote on Strawman. He's usually much more talkative than he's been. His random vote on me last Cycle isn't really out of the norm, but other than that, I don't think he's posted anything.

It does seem that Strawman has been strangely inactive except to place a vote, is that typical Corrupt behavior? (Not rhetorical, still learning to read situations in this game :P )

Oh, and he seemed to be very intent on specifying it was random and distancing himself from the vote (He literally began the sentence with "My dice think..."). Seems a bit suspicious to me, but he could have been legitimately voting randomly just to get things done.

My vote is on him only until someone provides some context to his actions. If they're not as suspicious as my gut feeling leads me to believe, I'll remove the vote. 

Edited 4 grammarz

Edited by Bugsy6912

Poor Arraenae. She still has yet to survive a full game. Maybe next time!

And I also agree with luckat that landslides probably benefit the village more than eliminators, so storing Iron doesn't really seem like an eliminator thing to do, unless they're just trying to not get caught in a landslide. In LG17, even though inactivity kinda hindered the usage of the mission, we were able to narrow down on the last 2 Traitors because of a mission(which was basically a Landslide, except with 4 players, and 1 players would choose those 4 players each Night Turn). So once a couple landslides have happened, and if we pay attention to online times and such, we might be able to narrow down our suspect list a good amount, which, since there's no real "seeker/scanner" role, could end up being really helpful, especially in the later stages of the game.

I'm not sure about voting on anyone, so as of right now I'm not going to vote. I don't really think that Maill is evil, but I don't trust him either. And not because of a gut feeling, because he distrusts me and you and phatt for no reason at all except that I seem off. I really don't want to get left behind however, as I am storing pewter and don't want to die. Before you call me a traitor for storing pewter, ask yourself why a traitor would do so openly. Sure, it might be because that's not what a traitor would do, but that wouldn't be very smart considering that that is the line of thinking most to all of you would take. Edited by Master Elodin

So I just got a job where I will be working 12 hours everyday... so don't expect too much activity out of me. I won't really to be able to do this game or any future games for the time being. I'll do what I can for this game though. Sorry about this

My reasoning was that he almost fell but didn't, because he was storing iron.

I read it as him falling, and catching the rock saved him from falling to his death. I also got the impression that the roleblock went through due to him saying "Just give me a couple of days to recover" in the writeup, and I figure PK wouldn't have mentioned the fall the way he did in his post if he didn't actually fall.

For what it's worth, I asked the GMs about whether falls blocked by storing Iron or tapping Steel would be revealed, and Elbereth gave me a PAFO. I got the impression that that was because she hadn't decided yet, like it hadn't come up, but I could be wrong.

I’m going to put my vote on Stink for now. He has been unusually quiet for him. His only post was stating that he didn’t want to give info to the companions. Usually he posts more. I don’t know for sure if that is indicative of him being an eliminator, but it might be.

I’d also like to hear more from Trelagist and Macen, since you both said you thought you would be more active but haven’t followed up yet. Also, yafeshan, Burnt, and Joe, if you could stop by the thread and say if you have any thoughts on the game, that would be great. It’s hard to come up with suspicions when so many people haven’t posted anything related to the game. I know most of you are busy, but it would be nice to know if you are paying any attention to the game.

Also, I’d appreciate it if people who have RL reasons for being busy state so in blue text just as a guarantee that you are being honest.

Vote Tally:

Strawman (2): Lopen, Bugsy

Elodin (1): Maill

Stink (1): luckat

PK (0): Phatt

Well, I'm not used to voting this early in the game, but I feel I should do something with my limited time.

So, I find PK to be suspicious with what information I have.

First - he votes for Kyne for RP reasons. Sure, a general action that could have been done by anyone. But, when there was a tie in votes, he is saved Lopen.

This, IMO, is a bit fishy. Sure, it's not concrete, but I don't think anything really is concrete on day two. Even concrete takes some time to harden. So, this is just a theory from my side.

The second reason I'm voting for you, PK, is that you haven't replied to my PM even though you've been online after I've sent the PM. A simple hello would've been enough.

I'm not sure about voting on anyone, so as of right now I'm not going to vote. I don't really think that Maill is evil, but I don't trust him either. And not because of a gut feeling, because he distrusts me and you and phatt for no reason at all except that I seem off. I really don't want to get left behind however, as I am storing pewter and don't want to die. Before you call me a traitor for storing pewter, ask yourself why a traitor would do so openly. Sure, it might be because that's not what a traitor would do, but that wouldn't be very smart considering that that is the line of thinking most to all of you would take.

...yes, I'm going to think you're a traitor because of this. There just isn't a good reason to store pewter if you aren't one. This early in the game, it's much more useful to store tin or gold, for example, both of which increase your chances of death, just like pewter, but also both of which help you survive, not kill people.

Saying you're storing pewter is tantamount to saying: "I'm preparing to kill someone without discussion solely based on my own suspicions."

That's almost never a good thing. Like I said before, if you can't get them at least left behind, your suspicions aren't good enough to kill them.

I'm going to vote for Master Elodin probably, but I won't yet, since I want to see his response.

...yes, I'm going to think you're a traitor because of this. There just isn't a good reason to store pewter if you aren't one. This early in the game, it's much more useful to store tin or gold, for example, both of which increase your chances of death, just like pewter, but also both of which help you survive, not kill people.

Saying you're storing pewter is tantamount to saying: "I'm preparing to kill someone without discussion solely based on my own suspicions."

That's almost never a good thing. Like I said before, if you can't get them at least left behind, your suspicions aren't good enough to kill them.

I'm going to vote for Master Elodin probably, but I won't yet, since I want to see his response.

But that's like saying that a village kill role shouldn't ever make autonomous decisions. Also, I never said that there wouldn't be discussion, but pewter is a good thing for the village to have as it is like another lynch when used responsibly. Lastly, leaving me behind is killing me, so at least wait until more people agree with you. Edited by Master Elodin

[whatever blue text command is] Yeah I'm still I'll and basically sleeping all the time sorry guys. [whatever stops blue text]

Thanks for responding Stink. Sorry you're ill. :( Hope you feel better soon.

Waiting for people's discussions to vote this cycle.

If everyone thinks like that, there won't be any discussions for anyone to build votes on. It would be really good to hear something significant form you, like how suspicious you are of the people with votes already on them or what you think good uses of powers are or if you have any information you can share.

First - he votes for Kyne for RP reasons. Sure, a general action that could have been done by anyone. But, when there was a tie in votes, he is saved Lopen.

Not that I'm trying to defend him, but PK's reason for voting Kyne was inactivity, not RP, and Lopen was saving himself during the tie. Saving PK was a side effect, and it's not surprising Lopen picked to vote for the inactive.

However, the lack of a reply from PK, and even the lack of a post while we've discussed him, is fishier.

Also, both Burnt and Joe are nearing the two cycle mark where they will die if they don't post or PM. Now, if they have PMed they aren't in danger, but if they've had time for a PM they should have had time to drop by the thread.

I'm having a hard time getting real suspicions. I'm also reluctant to lynch anyone who is active since there are several inactives and I don't want it to get the the point where everyone alive is inactive or nearly so. But lynching inactives doesn't actually help.

However, the lack of a reply from PK, and even the lack of a post while we've discussed him, is fishier.

What would I reply with? A concrete statement saying whether or not I fell? I don't want to do that, because I want to leave the eliminators guessing whether they can attack me or not.

After that, I hadn't been on to see actual suspicions and votes on me by Mark. So here's my response.

No, first I voted for Lopen for RP reasons. (And you specifically pointed out that vote and criticized it, telling me to take it off, despite nobody else having voted yet.) I voted on Kynedath because he was inactive. And I'd rather have an inactive player left behind than an active one.

The second reason I'm voting for you, PK, is that you haven't replied to my PM even though you've been online after I've sent the PM. A simple hello would've been enough.

True, that. Although I was rather confused when you sent me two PM's, told me to delete the first one, and got in a discussion with the GM in the second one. But sure, I'll send you a message.

And now for my suspicions. After explaining that I voted on Lopen to get some discussion going and for RP reasons, Phattemer voted on me, his reasoning being that we needed discussion and it looked like I was just going to leave that vote there. (Even though he left his vote on me...) Because of a misunderstanding of the rules, he then voted on me this cycle. I don't think that's evidence that he's evil, but I feel I should return the favor. Phattemer.

PK

Thank you for the response.

Well, I guess I missed the fact that Lopen was one of the lynchees. I guess that solves that then.

Anyways, I'm mostly satisfied with PK's reasoning here.

And, PK, sorry for the confusing PM shenanigans. My mistake.

Sorry for the double post, but I think I should put this separately.

Everyone, I request you tell me your most probable second cycle actions. I.E. tell me what you plan to store/tap this cycle and on whom you plan to take an action, if applicable.

And, don't forget to put in your actions!

Also, eliminators, now would be a good time to reveal yourselves. It would be geatly appreciated.

Say, has anyone ever trolled their whole eliminator team by declaring their names D1?

Luckat, I haven't actually read day two yet, and I've only skimmed day one. But I ctrl+F'd Joe, and it popped up. As i said when I signed up, I'm dealing with a massive load of schoolwork. I'll be able to actively participate in the game starting cycle 3.

Thank you for responding Joe. I hope your schoolwork goes well and that you are able to be active soon.

This is exactly the kind of reply I want from people who are busy. "I'm busy because of X and I should be able to be active when Y." Then we have something to hold them to and we don't have to constantly question whether they forgot about the game or are lurking or what.

What would I reply with? A concrete statement saying whether or not I fell? I don't want to do that, because I want to leave the eliminators guessing whether they can attack me or not.

After that, I hadn't been on to see actual suspicions and votes on me by Mark. So here's my response.

Sorry, your right that there wasn't really anything for you to say there. 

But that's like saying that a village kill role shouldn't ever make autonomous decisions. Also, I never said that there wouldn't be discussion, but pewter is a good thing for the village to have as it is like another lynch when used responsibly. Lastly, leaving me behind is killing me, so at least wait until more people agree with you.

If you are about to be left behind, I think you can change your action. Besides, if someone wants to vote for you, I wouldn't think saying that it could become a kill instead of just leaving you behind would stop them.

Anyway, everyone please remember to send in whatever action you are taking. I still think Tin and Bronze and maybe Gold are the most useful, although if you store Bronze, make sure not to mess with the votes. Also, tell Mark what you are doing if you feel comfortable with that.

Vote Tally:

Strawman (2): Lopen, Bugsy

Elodin (1): Maill

Phatt (1): PK

PK (0): Phatt, Mark

Stink (0): luckat

If everyone thinks like that, there won't be any discussions for anyone to build votes on. It would be really good to hear something significant form you, like how suspicious you are of the people with votes already on them or what you think good uses of powers are or if you have any information you can share.

This game is difficult to understand and I am new. I just wanted to hear peoples opinions first few cycles. I am reporting to companion every cycle.