MR13: Treachery on the Terris Peaks

GMs: Elbereth and Twei

History turns and shifts, and a little piece of metal moves just slightly...

“Right. You’re qualified, you’re coming. Your bag, please?”

The young man froze. “Why do you need my bag?”

“Inspection. We need to know if we should provide you with a better bag or if yours is sufficient. Also, extraneous metalminds aren’t allowed. There shouldn’t be a reason for you to have a coppermind, for instance. I’ll be carrying the only one, to record what happens at the Well.”

He very reluctantly handed his bag over. “I’m not perfectly packed yet,” he tried. “There’s some stuff that I want to take out...”

“Really? I thought you said you were ready to go, right now.”

“Well, yes... I mean...” He stopped as she pulled out a metal cylinder. “Don’t open that, please! It’s private.”

“Privacy isn’t private when you’re dealing with the protection of the most important man in the world,” commented Tindomë wryly, opening the metal cylinder. It looked to have words printed on it.

The young man stayed silent as she read, head hung in defeat.

She looked up at him. “‘He must never be allowed to complete his quest’? ‘Alendi was never the Hero of Ages’? ‘Alendi must not reach the Well of Ascension’? This is signed by Kwaan. The traitor!” She threw his backpack back at him. “Get out of my sight. No traitors will be allowed on this mission.”

He stared at her with hate. “Very well. But I have friends who are packmen. You can’t stop them all!” He turned and stalked away.

“Friends, huh?” she said softly to herself. Unfortunately, Rashek was right. She didn’t have nearly enough packmen yet, and she didn’t even know if she could trust those she’d already accepted.

She looked down the long line of hopefuls. Most she could dismiss off the bat, of course. Previous experience as a packman was required, and most of them didn’t even have that. But those who did... She couldn’t turn away a willing hand, even if that hand might turn traitor. She’d just have to try to figure out who was who as fast as possible, and make sure Alendi was protected at all times.

Tindomë rubbed her forehead. She’d never thought this was going to be easy, but it wasn’t supposed to involve traitors.

She tossed the metal sheet to the ground and beckoned forth the next applicant.

Format

48 hour combined day and night. Turnover will be at 8 p.m. PST (4 a.m. GMT). PMs are entirely open, as long as you include the GMs.

Votes and Lynching: Each player may vote once per cycle using the normal voting convention (red and green text). The player with the most votes is either left behind or eliminated, depending upon the number of votes they received:

• Three or more - You are eliminated and sent to the dead doc.
  • Two or fewer - You are left behind. You are out for the next cycle and have a 60 percent chance of catching up and rejoining the game the following cycle. If you do not catch up, you die. While you are left behind, you do not count towards either win condition.

Order of actions:

• Iron, Steel (tap)
  • Fall
  • Pewter (store), Steel (store), Bronze (store)
  • Lynch
  • Tin, Brass, Zinc, Gold
  • Eliminator kill, Pewter (tap)
  • Bronze (tap)

Inactivity: Anyone who does not talk in thread or PM without notice of absence for two cycles will be left behind in the frozen mountains. Forever.

Factions

Loyal Terrisman/woman — You are the group of Feruchemists that the Worldbringers selected to see Alendi safely to the Well of Ascension. You win by killing all of Rashek’s allies.

Disloyal Terrisman/woman — Led by Rashek, your job is to follow Kwaan’s urgent message that Alendi “must not reach the Well of Ascension, for he must not be allowed to release the thing that is imprisoned there.” You will be given a doc in which to plan and conspire. Each cycle, you will be given one kill. To win, you must outnumber the loyal Terrismen. You do not have to outnumber Alendi’s Companions, only the number of loyal Terrismen.

Alendi’s companions — You are a friend of Alendi’s from his home in Khlennium. Your loyalty to Alendi is known to the whole party, and as such, you are publicly known to be innocent. You have no special abilities and may not PM any other Companion. You have the same win condition as the Loyal Terrismen.

Conditions and Environmental Phenomena

These are certain conditions that players may find themselves in over the course of the game. The Terris mountains are a dangerous place, and as such, a variety of dreadful things may happen to you over the course of the game:

Injury - You suffer an injury. If, while injured, you are injured again, you die. After 3 turns of being injured, you have a 50% chance of recovering on each subsequent turn.

Fall (5%) - You trip and fall down a ledge. You are roleblocked for one cycle, and have a 30% chance of being blocked for two.

Landslide (20%) - A group of around 5 (depending on number of living players) random players are victim to a landslide which strands them behind the rest of the group and may not take any actions that will affect other players or post on the thread during the next cycle. They may, however, take actions that affect themselves or other victims of the landslide. They may also PM other players in the landslide. Other players may not take actions that affect victims of the landslide. They will be reunited with the rest of the group the next cycle.

Feruchemy

All players except for Alendi’s Companions may use their action to either store or tap one Feruchemical charge per cycle. You begin the game with 3 charges distributed randomly among your metalminds and enough charges of brass to use it an indefinite number of times without it running out. You may use any metal of those listed.

Iron - While storing iron, you are lighter and are therefore unaffected by falls or landslides. This is a passive ability that does not require an action, but you may only have 5 charges of iron stored at a time. Once you reach five charges, you may no longer store iron. While tapping iron, you have a 50 percent chance of being seriously hurt during a fall. You may tap 5 charges of iron at once to cause a landslide, and may choose 50% (rounded down) of the people to be caught in it.

Steel - While storing steel, it takes you two cycles to catch back up to the group if you are left behind. While tapping steel, you can’t be left behind as you catch up so quickly. You may also avoid all Falls and Landslides.

Pewter - While storing pewter, you die if you are left behind. While tapping pewter, you may injure one player. Players have a 40 percent chance of knowing who injured them. You may tap more than one charge of pewter in one turn, against a specific person. (That is, you can double tap.)

Tin - While storing tin, you die if you are injured as you don’t see the attack coming. While tapping tin, you may avoid being injured or killed as your keen senses allow you to notice the attack.

Brass - You must use your action to tap brass at least once every three turns. (After you tap brass, you have two turns in which you do not have to tap brass.) If you do not, you will have a 50 percent chance of freezing to death in each subsequent turn.

Zinc - While storing Zinc, your cognition is limited. As such, you are limited to only 50 words to use the entire cycle, including all PMs. You may not talk for the rest of the cycle once those words have been used. If tapping Zinc, you get two actions on your next turn.

Bronze - While storing bronze, you lose your vote as you are asleep. While tapping bronze, you need not sleep and as such witness all actions which are taken against your target.

Gold - When you store gold, you become injured for that cycle. If you are attacked using pewter, you die. If you store gold while injured, you die. If you store gold and are injured on the same turn, you die. When you tap gold, you stop being injured if you are injured. This healing is permanent.

blu_1461034800.png

Quick Links:

Edited by Alvron

Player List:

1. Master Elodin - Alfred

2. Kynedath - Zinjuli (Zin) Grey

3. Burnt Spaghetti - Naurvessa Ghetti

4. Yafeshan - Meardih

5. Mark - Michek

6. Mailliw73 - Misan

7. Phattemer - Dyfwyl

8. ThatTinyStrawMan - Germinating Mushroom (shortened to GM for obvious reasons)

9. Deathclutch - Killua Zoldyk

10. Trelagist - Trelagist

11. Macen - Malcen

12. Arrenae - Asmode

13. Bugsy6912 - Kholwa

14. Paranoid King - Kajundi

15. IrulelikeSTINK

16. Lopen - Talion

17. The Only Joe - Jonly

18. Clanky

19. Luckat - Lucy

Spectators:

1. Haelbarde

2. Kipper

3. Alv - Mod

Clarifications:

Wait. The eliminators are the good guys!

Yes. Yes, they are.

So, the loyal companions (non-terris) can PM other Terris people? Or do they get no PMs?

How many actions per turn can we take? One?

So, there's no feruchemical lynch protection?

If I get separated in a landslide, I can't be lynched, right? Or can I?

Companions may PM Terrismen.

One action per turn.

No lynch protection.

You cannot be lynched if you are in a landslide. You are effectively dead to everyone else for a turn.

Edited by Elbereth

Me!

I'll be signing up as Michek.

So, the loyal companions (non-terris) can PM other Terris people? Or do they get no PMs?

Companions may PM Terrismen.

One action per turn.

No lynch protection.

You cannot be lynched if you are in a landslide. You are effectively dead to everyone else for a turn.

I'm in as a mysterious Trelagist, who claims he can tap powers far beyond human comprehension and that he's a champion of some sorts. He doesn't talk much, or at least not in the Terris language. Some among the group have noticed the sky getting a slight bit darker while he's asleep, though he doesn't sleep very often. He has quite a bit of silver-ish metal on him, but except for that his clothing is strikingly plain. (His cloak of no particular color, he treasures above all else, and his silver-handled walking staff comes in a close second.) Nobody really knows why he's in the group, or who let him in, but none, so far, have managed to muster up the courage to investigate, either. He has been heard mumbling about a 'convergence' being near.