Mafia Championships 2024 Rep  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to represent our community at the mafia championships this year?

• DrakeMarshall
    • Experience

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/24 at 03:58 AM

@OrlokTsubodai and @Kipper you both have been nominated. Are either of you capable of participating? I would also nominate all of our moderators, but @Gamma Fiend has been gone for some time, @Metacognition seems busy lately, which leaves only @Alvron and Wilson actively running our community, the latter of which has already said she can not partake in the Championship this year. Alv, what about you? Are you capable of and interested in being our representative?

And because I think we need more competition, I would also like to nominate @Jondesu and @randuir. While they may both be newer members of our family, I have personally been impressed with them since their very first games.

Edited by Amanuensis

56 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I would also nominate all of our moderators, but @Gamma Fiend has been gone for some time, @Metacognition seems busy lately, which leaves only @Alvron and Wilson actively running our community, the latter of which has already said she can not partake in the Championship this year. Alv, what about you? Are you capable of and interested in being our representative?

I am very interested but sadly I have to pass again this year.  While it's likely I will have the time for the May match, I can't guarantee it.  Thanks for the nomination though.

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

So far it looks like the candidates are:

• Myself
  • Kipper
  • Lopen
  • Orlok
  • Rand

Anyone else have someone they'd nominate? Herowannabe is also a great choice, although I know he's meant to run a game soon. @Herowannabe do you think you're capable of playing this year?

Thanks for the offer, but unless someone wants to pay my bills for me I'll have to decline. Too much work on my plate at the moment to take on a game that intense. ;)

Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now!?p=1070949&viewfull=1#post1070949

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

Finally, to communities that haven't elected a representative yet: Remember that your deadline for electing a representative is April 23.

6 days and 7 nights...

Now we must pick who shall fight

Aman the king of tl;dr on the Shard

Shall he cast walls beyond sight

Should we pick him as our bard

Randuir the swift, quickest of blight

Newly cast, yet strong a  card

Should he be chosen as our light

Orlok the fencer, as he cries en garde!

Deep of thought and care I recite

Should he be chosen to be starred

---------------

That's who I can think of, I would pick El but she seems to be busy around this time. (I know Rand can't play but I couldn't help adding him). Hope you liked that lil bit at the end @Elbereth;) 

39 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

(I know Rand can't play but I couldn't help adding him).

What makes you say that? I actually do have time from may 1st to halfway through July, as I indicated earlier. Or was that a comment on my capabilities as a player :P. Also, have an upvote for the poem. 

Edited by randuir

7 minutes ago, randuir said:

What makes you say that? I actually do have time from may 1st to halfway through July, as I indicated earlier. Or was that a comment on my capabilities as a player :P. Also, have an upvote for the poem. 

:ph34r: yes that's right I was commenting on your capabilities...I totally didn't miss what you had said earlier...

thanks 

On 4/17/2017 at 1:38 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

That's who I can think of, I would pick El but she seems to be busy around this time. (I know Rand can't play but I couldn't help adding him). Hope you liked that lil bit at the end @Elbereth;) 

I did approve of the end, yes. :P And you are correct, but I shall be explicit - I do not have time for this right now. Very much no. *shudders* I don't know that I'd ever have enough time to properly devote to the championships, given last year, but definitely not right now. 

I have no one new to nominate, but do agree that those suggested would make excellent representatives of our community.  

7 hours ago, Straw said:

So... voting time?

Voting time.  There haven't been any new nominations for a while so it seems everyone has had their say.

The nominees are:
Aman
Lopen
Orlok
Rand

Everyone can vote for up to two nominees.  If you would rather do it via poll, pension Wilson for only she has the power.  She keeps all the good powers for herself. :P 

Edited by Alvron

Given that Lopen will be co-GMing LG33 soon, I'm going to vote for Orlok with Rand as a back up (we need a representative and a replacement in case something unforeseen happens, just so the rest of you are aware). LG32 has 18 players left, IIRC, and it's still a couple weeks away from the first qualifier, so I think Orlok should be able to handle both GMing the tail end of his LG and starting up the competition (if he even gets put in the earliest available game). I'm mainly voting for him over Rand because he's been a member of our community longer, though I have no qualms with sending Rand first and having Orlok as his understudy.

In regards to voting, I think everyone should vote twice, like I did above, with the first bolded and the second normal. The person with the most bold votes should be the representative while the player with the most votes total (bold and normal) should be the replacement. That makes sense, right?

Edited by Amanuensis

Rand and Aman
Aman is an amazing player, and I think that he would do well with just the entirety of what's going to be going on outside of here.

Rand is also an amazing player, and although he is new he was able to adapt to this environment insanely fast, and I think that would serve him amazingly in the new environment that he would be put into.