Mafia Championships 2024 Rep  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to represent our community at the mafia championships this year?

• DrakeMarshall
    • Experience

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/20/24 at 03:58 AM

Nominations are closed! Go vote in the poll! Remember: once you vote, your vote is final.

You may vote for up to three people!

The person with the most amount of votes will be the representative, and the second most will be the backup.

Edited by Illwei

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I suppose I should solicit gifts/boons from y'all. Also if anyone has anything in particular that they think I should put in my bio then let me know.

hey axl u old grouch

liked our game 2gether even if we never played very often

don't think u shld be soliciting u r not a supplicant & we can't send u off into the wilderness to die just like this

all i have to offer u are kel's sheer insanity

& kas bro told me 2 tell u he wishes u all the best, 2 die as a true Mando'ad

& tt he's proud to see u especially represent us

oh & yea right the important bit

he wants to give u his ability to (very occasionally) summon the lynch with the wrath of eighty glorious suns on ur foes

@Araris Valerian I am offering a few of my skills to you. I could give you the Shield of the Lynch, but I doubt you want that one. I can definitely bestow upon you my perfect vigilante kill record, on the off chance you play a game with a vigilante in it. But I'm sure it would transfer over to any village games as you try to exe people. :P

36 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Araris Valerian I am offering a few of my skills to you. I could give you the Shield of the Lynch, but I doubt you want that one. I can definitely bestow upon you my perfect vigilante kill record, on the off chance you play a game with a vigilante in it. But I'm sure it would transfer over to any village games as you try to exe people. :P

It's going to be hard finding a vigilante in a completely vanilla game :P.

Araris I give you this tinfoil hat, passed to me from Quinn, to keep the emotional allomancy out and allowing you to make the most ruthless decisions should you have to

Araris' game is scheduled for May 2nd, if anyone wants to send him off with some gifts before that!!!

And if anyone is interested in spectating the game DM me for a link to a google doc you can use to talk about the game, or join the mafia universe discord (link in the discord server) 

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

And if anyone is interested in spectating the game DM me for a link to a google doc you can use to talk about the game, or join the mafia universe discord (link in the discord server) 

I can’t do that, can I :P.

I figured the best way to rep our community and it's history would be to do my bio in RP, so here's what I've got. If anyone has any feedback let me know, I've got to send it in by tomorrow:

NATIONALITY: American
STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014
HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The 17th Shard

Aralis took note of each item as he packed his bag. A tinfoil hat, slightly worn, perfect for blocking emotional allomancy. A vial of liquid, labeled “forgetting rollover but actually helping”, which Aralis hoped he would never need. There was a bright pink headband which he donned that contrasted rather starkly with his fading grey hair. A small box that Kel had given him said it contained “the wrath of 80 glorious suns upon your foes.”

There were many other things, mementos, weapons, and notes of encouragement. Some of the items were from old friends like Kel, others from rather silly youngsters, but he took them all. This was the first time in nearly 8 years that Aralis had left Tyrian Falls, and despite his frequent grouching, it was hard to say goodbye, even for a while. An envoy had come, asking for a representative, and Aralis had been somewhat surprised when many of the townsfolk had thought of him. Perhaps the recent successful defense of the city against Ruin and the Spiked had worn everyone out, and they’d just turned to a familiar face. Or maybe everyone was tired of him yelling at them to get off his lawn.

Whatever the reason, Aralis hoped to do them proud. This was the Year of the Broken Curse, a year when anything was possible. So with the willpower of Tyrian Falls in his staff, and the well-wishes of its members in his pack, Aralis set off for the unknown.

• 10 months later...

I have arrived carrying another message

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 10)

Ahoy there! :)

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 10 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 370+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part :)

Deadline to submit a representative April 22nd, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe.

FORMAT

The tournament structure

135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.

QUALIFIERS: 9 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd places will advance to the Semifinal Games.

SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 9 will select 27 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.

THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 10 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

The qualifier games will be played with the Adapt 6 setup (see below for more details), and the semifinal/finale games will be played using a different setup. The semifinal/finale setup will be a low-powered 15-player setup, with full details to be disclosed when the jury's semifinal advances are revealed.

SETUP

Spoiler

Each of the 6 columns from the below table represents a different constituent setup, one of which will be chosen at random and used for the game:

Analyze

Deter

All-round

Protect

Track

6lock

Town Odd Night Tracker

Town Even Night Vanilla Cop

Town 2-shot Doctor

9x Vanilla Town

Mafia 2-shot Watcher

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Goon

Town Jack of All Trades

Town 2-shot Roleblocker

Town Odd Night Doctor

9x Vanilla Town

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Jack of All Trades

Mafia Goon

Town Jack of All Trades

Town Even Night Vanilla Cop

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia Jack of All Trades

2x Mafia Goon

Town Odd Night Doctor

Town Even Night Jailkeeper

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Jailkeeper

2x Mafia Goon

Town Odd Night Tracker

Town 2-shot Doctor

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Tracker

2x Mafia Goon

Town 2-shot Roleblocker

Town Even Night Jailkeeper

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker

2x Mafia Goon

Town Jack of All Trades has 1x Doctor, 1x Motion Detect, and 1x Roleblock.

Mafia Jack of All Trades has 1x Role Cop and 1x Roleblock.

Town 2-shot Doctor, Town 2-shot Roleblocker and Mafia Roleblocker are non-consecutive (cannot target the same player two nights in a row). Doctor actions can't self-target.

Mafia flips will only reveal the alignment of the Mafia player, whereas Town flips will reveal the full role of the Town player.

Relevant mechanics info

• Day start.
  • Majority elimination will not be enabled during day 1 and is not required at any point for the elimination. Starting on Day 2 and until LYLO, majority will be enabled at 12 hours after SoD (in 36/12s and 48/24s) OR at 24 hours after SoD (in 72/24s). LYLOs are an exception to the majority delay, during which majority will be enabled immediately.
  • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
  • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
  • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
  • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
  • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO
  • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia factional kill is mandatory.
  • Mafia may communicate at any time.
  • Each individual player may make a maximum of 125 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 1 hour before day end).
  • The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

TIMELINE

There will be 9 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from the end of April to mid-June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July/August, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with us ASAP, you can reach us on Discord  at Lissa#8083 or Arapocalypse#0834.

Kind regards,

Lissa

Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 600-700 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis!

Edited by Illwei

If we are accepting the invitation then I would like to start off by nominating Stick @_Stick_

She has shown how she can both be a very useful village asset when she needs to be- easily clearing herself and solving the game, while still being a successful Elim and fooling the entire game. Not only that but she's fun to have in games be it without rp or with some silly paint images

8 hours ago, Illwei said:

If we are accepting the invitation then I would like to start off by nominating Stick @_Stick_

She has shown how she can both be a very useful village asset when she needs to be- easily clearing herself and solving the game, while still being a successful Elim and fooling the entire game. Not only that but she's fun to have in games be it without rp or with some silly paint images

Thanks :0 I think my schedule this summer could allow for this. Will accept the nomination for now but I’ll have to see if I can commit to - glances at last paragraph of invitation - that.

Ill nominate TJ and Drake

@|TJ| @DrakeMarshall