What should we call those?

WeiryWriter

So I've been meaning to post this for the last two and a half months but never quite got around to it until now...  But I did order a signed copy of Bands with a question of semantic relevance:

tumblr_o560zanH6S1sfbh10o1_1280.jpg

Question

For the Coppermind: What should we call the page about the Southerner medallions? (or: How would Khriss refer to them in an Ars Arcanum?)

Brandon Sanderson

Let’s call them “unsealed metalminds” though Era 3 might use slang.

Therefore now we have:

Metalmind= well a metalmind (amazing I know  :lol: )

Unkeyed Metalmind= Metalmind Identityless that everybody with the right Feruchemical power may tap

Unsealed Metalmind= Metamind Identyless and with another trick that everyone may tap.

PS: I know the second one is not canon but we have not better term as far as I know

Edited by Yata

Ooh, Era 3, that brings up a good point. If slang exists for it then he intends to make it somewhat prevalent, so use of metallic arts will be more common going forward, potentially.

Suddenly nicrobursts and duralumin gnats get a massive buff in usefulness. Wasn't there a nicroburst protagonist planned at one point?

. . . How would aluminum help with that? It only wipes metal from the one burning it, and nobody is stupid enough to give themselves aluminum allomancy over a different power.

You're thinking Leechers surely?

. . . How would aluminum help with that? It only wipes metal from the one burning it, and nobody is stupid enough to give themselves aluminum allomancy over a different power.

You're thinking Leechers surely?

I think he was assuming they would be useful as fuelers for the medallions.  Put Allomantic Aluminum power into it, get it to touch their skin and somehow force them to use it.  Dunno how practical that would be, tough to actually use effectively.

Leeches with Ettmetal cubes, though, we've already seen how devastating that could be.  Nicrobursts could be just as bad, actually.

jW

Edited by Jondesu

• Chaos locked this topic