If it's the same as it was in LG5 (which I'm nearly certain it is), it's just a bonus. It doesn't actually affect whether they win the game or not.

I'll put a vote on Hellscythe right now, mostly just to get him to check in and say something.

I still need to read through the rules closer, since I haven't had a whole lot of time to do so, but I plan on playing this game more casually than I have the last few games I've played. I don't particularly want to stress myself out, so if you're expecting Bloodthirsty Wilson, you're going to be disappointed. Sorry. :P That said, obviously I'll be participating and helping as much as I can. I'm busy for the rest of today, but I'll have time to look things over tomorrow and post more of my thoughts before the day turn is over.

Hey everyone. I understand the concern for not killing people the first day of a game, but I'll second Araris' statement about day one lynches. We typically don't learn much from who dies night one either, but that won't stop the eliminators from killing one of us. Without the necessary discussion that happens when people feel like they're about to die, day one is completely wasted. 

That said, I'll poke vote Mark. What are your thoughts?

Well, fortunately for those of us who like Day 1 lynches, s long as there are at least 2 of us there isn't much anybody can do to stop the lynch from happening, haha.

I am gonna vote for LUNA, and would like to hear a bit more from Kynedath, although I understand you might be unavailable to respond. Anyway, regardless of whether you like a cycle 1 lynch, the general consensus has been that the lynch discussion is valuable even without a death. And in this format, the lynch has that much more weight because when somebody places that one extra vote, it can't just be tied up to stop a death.

I understand how day 1 lynches work guy. I had a discussion with Mailliw about it already. Just because I would rather figure out how this particular game works before dying doesn't exactly make me suspicious but storm it. I don't care  <_<  :lol:

I've got a question. So for the Ghostbloods, they have an "additional goal" of having a Shardblade and a Soulcaster. Is this a true Win condition? Or just extra credit? Because that should affect how we strategize. 

It's  just extra credit. :P

Important Clarifications:

Using Shardplate or a Half-Shard takes an action. All items take an action to use. In the case of Plate and Half-Shards, you may either use your 1D action to use the Shardplate, or, if you leave your 1D action slot empty, the Plate will kick in automatically. Each has a one time passive use of being able to block a Pain Knife. 

Players can start with anywhere from 0-3 items.

Due to a mistake I made by posting in the wrong PM, roles will be slightly shuffled. If anyone feels that because of this, you need the day to be extended, PM me please. I will be telling you all your new roles/items in your PMs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ThatTinyStraw, It's interesting to me that this is the second game in a row, in which your [airqoutes] dice [/airquotes] decided on day q that somebody who had already been voted for was guilty. In MR 13, it was Lopen, this time it's LUNA. are you using dice, or are you simply trying to get people lynched without attracting attention?

As for LUNA voting for Mailliw, I'm fully behind that. We should always have at least one player vote for a spectator or GM on day 1 from now on. 

Edited by The Only Joe

Brightlady Mahiri? Tintallë thought, concealing her emotions behind a properly subservient expression. That’s where I just came from! That’s three camps from here!

Her mood was slightly lightened by the tip the man added, but even so. She’d just run here. Now she had to run through three camps. Back the way she’d come. She’d run more in the past few days than ever before in her life, and she was very tired of it.

“Dismissed.”

She bowed and exited at a sprint, though she soon slowed to a half-jog once she got out of earshot of the tent. She rearranged the satchel on her back to fit more comfortably, and just kept running, hoping that no one would stop her on the way and demand something else of her. Probably a vain hope, but she could still hope. Step. Step. Step.

While Tintallë will be very upset to be interrupted, I certainly will not be. :D Conflict makes for a better story, after all.

Also, feel free to steal those papers out of her satchel, if that’s more your style/character. Or whatever else you’d like. :)

Sorry for the late post. I meant to post yesterday, but I went off to sleep.

Currently, I have no major opinions on anything. Strawman's votes have been suspicious to me ever since Ada's game in Westeros.

With that said, Seonid what do you have to say?

Strawman. Whilst I don't think that voting by RNG is enough to say you're guilty, it is enough to suggest that you're not being helpful - what do we gain if people vote by RNG? We can tell nothing about motivations for a vote - the result of which being a prime source of information gathering, and RNG voting really doesn't help in terms of lynching suspicious individuals.

Mostly, though, I'm voting to tie off the lynch - before Maill had made his clarification, and in light of QF14, Joe is absolutely right in that voting once on the GM seemed eminently sensible - and hence I don't think LUNA ought to die for it.

We have to start somewhere, and RNG is as good a place as, say, RP in that sense. My concern is that it may not have actually been an RNG, since the only other valid vote that had been cast was on the same person. That said, it's a weird move for an eliminator - generally you'd only make a stick-out vote if it's probably going to kill the person, but this was really early in the cycle when it wasn't likely to do anything.

Uh...Lopen. That was a throwaway post. Have anything more to say?

And why is that? Just so that it means something, so it's not a throwaway vote?

I'm going to refrain from voting right now. Neither Luna nor Strawman "stick out" enough to be first day lynched in my opinion. Unless we're just wanting to do a random shot in the dark.

If it's the same as it was in LG5 (which I'm nearly certain it is), it's just a bonus. It doesn't actually affect whether they win the game or not.

I'll put a vote on Hellscythe right now, mostly just to get him to check in and say something.

I still need to read through the rules closer, since I haven't had a whole lot of time to do so, but I plan on playing this game more casually than I have the last few games I've played. I don't particularly want to stress myself out, so if you're expecting Bloodthirsty Wilson, you're going to be disappointed. Sorry.  :P That said, obviously I'll be participating and helping as much as I can. I'm busy for the rest of today, but I'll have time to look things over tomorrow and post more of my thoughts before the day turn is over.

Hello. It's me.

I will only vote for the people who have already been voted on.

ThatTinyStrawMan sounds like a sheep without an opinion because he already knows who the evil team is and can't make any guesses.

I will only vote for the people who have already been voted on.

Day one voted are meant to get people talking. voting for someone who already has a vote on them isn't helpful. They're going to talk to get the first vote removed from them, and putting a second vote on them just makes everyone focus on you and them. we've had far more discussion about you and LUNA then we usually do, and it's letting other people slip through the cracks. Unless you have a valid suspicion, please vote for someone who hasn't said much.

That said, I am suspicious of you for that, so I'll be leaving my vote.

Generally and mathematically speaking, Day One Lynches strongly favor the townies. Lynching at random is actually perfectly reasonable. Since the mafia (err, ghostbloods) know who each other are, their votes will be non-random and they can/will try to steer a vote away from one of their number toward an arbitrary other person. So, by deciding a vote randomly, you ignore the only truly informed influence on the table. You also ignore any hints people in their posts, of course, so it's not like I'm advocating the practice. I'm just saying, it's not a bad idea, and if the person is honestly voting randomly with dice and not a ghostblood lying about it, then it's a reasonable decision.

Personally, I prefer voting at random from among the people who haven't posted by the end of the first Day. They have the same probability of being ghostblood as anyone else, but they're less likely to post the following day either.

------

Brightness Arisia held her Shardblade in one hand, facing down her opponent. Oh storms, she thought, not this dream again! The two circled one another in a haze of light, Stormlight leaking from small cracks that crawled all over each duelist's armor. She would have to end this fight soon - fighting one-handed (her safehand, of course, held against her chest under the breastplate) was getting truly exhausting. With a great bellow (okay, more like a loud squeak), she suddenly charged across the dueling ground, switching her grip from Smokestance to Flamestance as she closed the distance. With a great flourish, she swept her large sword toward her foe's chest. As he moved his own blade to parry, she suddenly shifted her attack, turning it toward her foe's helmet. The Shardplate helm shattered, revealing the stunned face of her eldest brother. The man sunk to his knees, then grinned.

"You have finally bested me, little light. I guess it wasn't silly to train you after all!" But no, this was wrong, that never...

The crowd roared as the judge announced her victory. After a moment, King Naladar rose to his feet, quieting them. "For winning this duel one-handed, I shall grant you a boon!" he declared. Wait, wasn't the king...?

She bowed before him. "I thank you, your majesty, and I request as my boon, a meal of chouta." The crowd fell still.

"CHOUTA?" the king bellowed. "How dare you mock me and this kingdom! How dare you request Herdazian food! I expected something proper, something Alethi. I am disappointed." He made a gesture. "Guards!" he said, "Seize this woman! Throw her in the dungeons, where she shall be fed nothing but spiced flatbread for the rest of her life!" Why do my dreams always involve food? she wondered. Maybe I should start snacking before bed.

Before the guards could reach her, Berenal rose to his feet, his long hair freed of the Shardplate waving in the wind as he started toward Arisia. Oh no, not this part, anything but this part, she thought, growing frantic. I need to wake up. I need to wake up... And then the blood started to flow. A gash slowly opened in her brother's forehead, blood pouring free as if under pressure. He stumbled, his expression growing vague, and his eyes...

She woke up, her heavy breathing almost causing her to faint as she bolted upright. That dream... Her brother never taught her to fight, of course. He would always joke about it, then ruffle her hair and tell her she was far too short for such training, pretending as if that was all that held him back. Once, she thought he had been serious, but she had been six at the time and seriously believed that becoming a soldier was possible for an Alethi noblewoman. He had died years ago, before the Vengeance Pact, before the Shattered Plains, before all of this. An "accident" during a duel claimed him. With his head exposed, he had fallen and cracked his head on the ground. Dazed and confused, he was unable to dodge his opponent's thrust, and the sword... His eyes...

Her mind struggling to shake off the dream and he memories, she sat there for far longer than she should have. When she came to, she saw the sun, now well over the horizon. Storms! She was going to be late! Again! She hurriedly threw on her dress, doing the buttons herself since her family no longer had servants to help with such things. They had fallen on rather hard times since the loss of their family's Shards along with the house's heir all those years ago. She did stop to paint her face before leaving of course, despite having little time. After all, she was twenty-five - one of these days she's have to attract a husband. On her way out, she grabbed a book from her nightstand, the one she had been reading when she fell asleep the night before. She stuffed the book, whose spine read "Famous Duels of Alethkar" in the woman's script, into her safepouch before buttoning up her sleeve.

There was much work to be done, with what happened the night before. Lord Sebarial would have plenty for her to do. It was time to face the day.

Edited by Nyali