I get that it's ridiculously hard to steal, but if a Soulcaster targeted a thief, trying to move the role action, the Soulcaster would fail, but they'd succeed for a Ghostblood, Spy, or Artifabrian. If a Thief targeted someone with an Alerter but they weren't stealing the alerter, the Alerter wouldn't say who targeted them, because it was before the Alerter was activated. The Emotion Bracelet also wouldn't pick up on theft because the thief is stealing before that. They have a hard win con, but the order of actions makes it literally impossible to stop a thief without killing them. Which only makes their win con even harder since they'll have people trying to kill them since that's the only way to stop them from stealing an item.

As for the order of actions, you could fix it by having certain things happen simultaneously, so perhaps something like this:

Spanreed

Thieving/Item Giving/Pain Knife/Soulcaster/Emotion Bracelet/Alerter

Painrial

Kills

Spying

Artifabrian

The reason Alerter would go on the second tier and not the first with the Spanreed is that nothing can stop a Spanreed from being in use that night. Pain Knives should be able to stop an Alerter though, even though it's not really a targetable action. This makes it so protects and kills can be used if they're passed to you, but Pain Knives, Soulcasters, Emotion Bracelets and Alerters wouldn't be able to be.

Wilson's suggestions are good, but not what I personally would go with. An alternate suggestion for an order of actions is (with things on the same line being simultaneous):

1. Reverser *
  2. Spanreed
  3. Soulcaster
  4. Pain Knife / Alerter Activation **
  5. Thievery (blocks Painrials, Grandbows, Alerters, giving the item away, and cancels Alerters)
  6. Painrial
  7. [Artifabrian, if you want it before the kill so artifabrianed items can be given to killers]
  8. Kills (Grandbow / Ghostblood / Shardblade)
  9. Give Item ***
  10. Receive Items from Kill ***
  11. Receive Given Item ***
  12. [Artifabrian, if you want it after the kill, which I actually prefer] ***
  13. Spy ***
  14. Declare Heir
  15. Emotion Bracelet ****
  16. Shardplate moves one point closer to regeneration, or regenerates if ready

* Reversers take effect during the day, but they take your T2 action slot. This means they can be detected by an Emotion Bracelet, but not redirected by a Soulcaster, canceled by a Pain Knife, or detected by an Alerter.

** When an action targets someone with an Alerter active, it would get added to the list they get told about. If they die or the alerter is stolen, they would learn nothing that targeted them after that point. I would have Pain Knives and Alerters activate at the same time, and if a Pain Knife canceled an Alerter, the one who used the Alerter would learn about the Pain Knife and nothing else. Alternatively, you can put the Alerter Activation after the Pain Knife. I just wouldn't put it before the Pain Knife - five non-blockable items (reverser, spanreed, soulcaster, shardplate, half-shard) are enough, to me.

*** The advantage here is that you can kill someone who you know has an item, give away your copy of the item, and receive the killed player's copy of the item. Also, I don't feel like items should be able to be used the turn they are given away - knowing who has an item should be more of an advantage to the one with that knowledge, in my opinion, to discourage itemclaiming and weaken village PM groups. If you're doing Artifabrians after the kill, I'd put them after the permanent items have changed hands so someone doesn't wind up losing a permanent item to a one-shot item if there's a collision. I'd also put all item-moving-related actions before Spying so the Spy has information that's accurate for the following Day turn and not already stale.

**** Emotion Bracelets should only be able to learn actions that were actually taken, so I feel that it should come after all of the actions it can detect (which, I feel, should be all of them). This would mean that the only item that can be used the turn it changes hands is an Emotion Bracelet, which is odd, but I feel it's the most consistent way to handle it rather than having it activate before the actions it is detecting.

This order would mean that people who die do not get their Emotion Bracelet results, but I think that's fine. The fact that people were getting those and seeing actions that happened after they died was weird to me. Dying would also stop you from getting Spy results, but I think it's worth it to put Spying where it can see items obtained from kills, which means Spying has to happen after Death. Thems the breaks.

(EDIT: Wait, what? Putting three asterixes after a line caused the post to be reported for trying to skirt the rules? <--- confused. It seems that if I put a space before the *** I don't get reported... I guess the script thought I was trying to hide letters of swear words, rather than mark footnotes?)

Edited by Nyali

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm finally getting around to closing these games. I wish I had more time to comment about each individual game, but life has been quite busy recently. 

I do want to say congrats to the Nobles for a well fought win! It was touch and go there for awhile. I wasn't sure if Wilson would ever be found out! :P

Thanks goes to Maill for GMing yet another great game! You GMing games will be missed while you're gone, so hurry back to us! :D

Now, as always, if anyone would like to try your hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson,  Alvron, or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but I'm sure we'd be more than willing to help out in any way we can as well!

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to seeing you in future games!