*Sigh* Burnt, congratulaitions. Your helpfullness has thouroghly spooked me. That plus the fact I missed that you knew that Nyali was being protected. 

Kynedath. Because the only other person I'm pretty sure is villager is Twei.

Nyali, bare in mind that it's probable that Mark would have Plate. The GB's know that Mark and I killed DC, thanks to DC's deathcry, so one of us would've got his Plate. If Mark and I want the Plate to work, we have to leave the T1D action open, otherwise, its protection doesn't do anything. The only actions they could viably redirect in that case if they want to target Mark are his T1A action or his T2 action.

Also, Burnt. Kyne. This is mostly for metagaming purposes, since an Orlok, Kas, Lopen team would likely include a newer player (of which I suspect Sheep far more), and a fairly new-ish player (or someone who's played somewhere between 3-7 games), which Kyne fits. And yes, I'm aware that he won't die, due to the Plate. This at least leaves him open to an attack though, if Stink wanted to take him out with his Grandbow.

Night 7: Running In Circles

Kayden ran through the darkness away from the celebration. He’d just been trying to have a little fun! Why did Arisia have to pick him to accuse? It was ridiculous. He was an officer, a lighteyes of the second dahn! And yet he was being chased down like a fox.

He was suddenly pushed forward a step by an arrow bouncing off his Shardplate. Thank the Stormfather for that. He stumbled, but kept running and running. He didn’t even know where he was running, only away.

Kayden turned down an alley, then another, until he was completely lost. He stopped, then, and listened. He didn’t hear anyone following him, and guardsmen weren’t exactly known for being quiet. So he’d lost them, then. That was good.

On the other hand, he had no idea where he was. With no other option, he continued down the alleyway, peering through the dimness. Was that a light ahead?

It was! A simple diamond sphere, sure, but any light was preferable to this gloom. He hurried forward, emerging into some kind of enclosed courtyard. The sphere cast a soft light on the cobblestones and the figure standing on them.

He - or maybe she? - was wearing a hooded cloak. As Kayden came into the courtyard, the hood turned towards him, and he waved awkwardly. “Sorry,” he said quickly. “I got lost and saw your light. I don’t suppose you could show me the way out?”

“Of course we could show you the way out,” a voice said. Male, he thought. Kayden couldn’t tell whether it came from the figure or someone else. He shifted his head, looking for others, but couldn’t make out anything else outside the circle of the sphere’s light.

“But that would mean you could find us again,” the voice continued pleasantly.

“No, please, I won’t,” Kayden said desperately. What had he stumbled into? “I just want to get out of here.”

“Well, that can be arranged,” said the figure, moving closer. “For certain values of here.” Kayden felt a pressure on his back and heard a sharp, screeching sound. Did someone just try to stab me?

He didn’t wait to find out. He turned and ran, again, back the way he’d come, not daring to pause and look behind him. This time, though, he couldn’t rely on his ears to tell him when he’d avoided pursuit. Whoever had come up and stabbed him had been completely silent on their feet.

Finally, he emerged onto a main street. He recognized where he was now. Near the market, right across from Brightness Arisia’s celebration, in fact. Storms. I’m right back where I began! Why can’t I just get away from here?

Shaking his head, he started walking again, away from the storming celebration. This time he stayed to the main roads, trying to get out of the camp. It was closed at night, of course, as always. So when he’d nearly reached the walls, he turned off into an alley. But instead of venturing down it, he simply curled up behind a pile of boxes. He’d need to get some rest before the gates opened in the morning.

Kynedath was lynched but did not die!

Votes:

Kynedath(3): Wilson, Zas, Twei

Wilson(2): Nyali, Mark

Mark(1): Stink

Burnt(1): Elbereth

Edited by Mailliw73

Guys, I'm telling you right now, you are wasting your time. I am village and you have already spent too long trying to lynch me. I regret not being here during the day, but I guess that it's behind us now. I want the village to win as much as you do, but killing me is enabling the eliminator win.

Guys, I'm telling you right now, you are wasting your time. I am village and you have already spent too long trying to lynch me. I regret not being here during the day, but I guess that it's behind us now. I want the village to win as much as you do, but killing me is enabling the eliminator win.

I agree. That's another reason to be wary of Wilson, in my eyes. You were one of the worst targets because not only were you acting just like a bored villager, breaking your plate just lets the eliminators kill you at night and guarantee getting another suit of plate. :(

....they haven't killed anyone with Plate so how would they already have Plate unless they started with it? Additionally, I don't agree that he's been acting like a bored villager. I find curious that he reappeared exactly when he would've died to inactivity. Sure, he can say it's to bolster the village numbers, but all we have on that is his word. He could just as easily be bolstering eliminator numbers and trying to feign bored-villager mode. It's an easy enough thing to feign. If he really wants the village to win as much as us, then he should start actually contributing to the game. He wasn't around for the middle, but that doesn't mean he can't skim through it and give his thoughts on what's happening now. I don't believe in giving people free passes if they're actually around and able to contribute. No villager who's actually invested in the game at all would act like that. Either he's not invested in the game (in which case he should've just let himself die because inactive villagers are not actually bolstering the numbers, especially when they're not truly inactive) or he's not actually a villager. There's no middle ground there.

But let's say that you're right, Nyali, and that I'm evil. So the consensus seems to be 2 eliminators left (though if Kyne is an eliminator, I'm certain that Burnt was rerolled as an eliminator and there are 3 left--this is part of the reason I want to kill Kyne, because it will help affirm Burnt's alignment at least a little bit). So they have Plate from me. We also know that they killed Joe and got his Painrial. So that makes 2 T1D items. You're saying they'd give up a working Painrial to have broken Plate that won't heal for another 5 turns? How does that make sense? Sure, it has a single Shardblade protection, but if a Shardblade got blocked, that basically reveals the other GB, since so few things can block a Shardblade. If it were me, I'd keep the Painrial. The Plate is useless. Well, actually no, if I were on the team, I'd actually make the kill on Kyne, to make his Plate disappear from the game completely. Assuming I'd even attack him at all (which I still don't think I would. There's no point).

And seriously. You're saying that I should've let the coin decide which one of Kyne or I to lynch? I like my Plate, thank you very much, and your concern about the GBs attacking someone and getting Plate applies to me as well. I don't want my Plate taking more damage, so you bet I'm going to vote for the other person if I'm suspicious of them at all. Which I am. Just because you've exonerated someone doesn't mean everyone else has. We're free to have suspicions, including suspicions that you don't share. And that doesn't automatically mean we must be evil. That is faulty logic.

And seriously. You're saying that I should've let the coin decide which one of Kyne or I to lynch? I like my Plate, thank you very much, and your concern about the GBs attacking someone and getting Plate applies to me as well. I don't want my Plate taking more damage, so you bet I'm going to vote for the other person if I'm suspicious of them at all. Which I am. Just because you've exonerated someone doesn't mean everyone else has. We're free to have suspicions, including suspicions that you don't share. And that doesn't automatically mean we must be evil. That is faulty logic.

You're right, honestly. When I said "another plate," I still had it in my head that you were Ghostblood when I posted that, but that faulty logic. Sorry about that.

And I wasn't saying that Kyne was cleared or anything, just that I, personally (just me (meaning, not you (or anyone else (just me)))), thought he was a red heiring and thus a bad choice to choose, from my (yup, still just me) perspective. I wasn't talking for you or the rest of the town.

....they haven't killed anyone with Plate so how would they already have Plate unless they started with it? Additionally, I don't agree that he's been acting like a bored villager. I find curious that he reappeared exactly when he would've died to inactivity. Sure, he can say it's to bolster the village numbers, but all we have on that is his word. He could just as easily be bolstering eliminator numbers and trying to feign bored-villager mode. It's an easy enough thing to feign. If he really wants the village to win as much as us, then he should start actually contributing to the game. He wasn't around for the middle, but that doesn't mean he can't skim through it and give his thoughts on what's happening now. I don't believe in giving people free passes if they're actually around and able to contribute. No villager who's actually invested in the game at all would act like that. Either he's not invested in the game (in which case he should've just let himself die because inactive villagers are not actually bolstering the numbers, especially when they're not truly inactive) or he's not actually a villager. There's no middle ground there.

But let's say that you're right, Nyali, and that I'm evil. So the consensus seems to be 2 eliminators left (though if Kyne is an eliminator, I'm certain that Burnt was rerolled as an eliminator and there are 3 left--this is part of the reason I want to kill Kyne, because it will help affirm Burnt's alignment at least a little bit). So they have Plate from me. We also know that they killed Joe and got his Painrial. So that makes 2 T1D items. You're saying they'd give up a working Painrial to have broken Plate that won't heal for another 5 turns? How does that make sense? Sure, it has a single Shardblade protection, but if a Shardblade got blocked, that basically reveals the other GB, since so few things can block a Shardblade. If it were me, I'd keep the Painrial. The Plate is useless. Well, actually no, if I were on the team, I'd actually make the kill on Kyne, to make his Plate disappear from the game completely. Assuming I'd even attack him at all (which I still don't think I would. There's no point).

He never said he appeared just to bolster villager numbers. (Hi Kyne! How's everything going?!) He said he appeared primarily because -

1) He was going to be mod killed. Plate doesn't protect from that.

2) Maill PMed him saying he was going to be mod-killed. Maill, if I were to go inactive, assuming the game didn't end in 6 turns, would I get an inactive warning on the 5th turn in my GM PM?

Well, he could be feigning bored-villager mode. I agree with you on that one. I don't know why he's not really going through the thread. But I guess it's just that 37 pages of conversation seems a lot to me, so I could see myself saying the same thing.

But, one thing I fond odd is that if he knows he isn't going to be able to contribute a lot, he could pass off the plate to someone.That way, I would still be quite useful to the village (assuming he passes it off to the village).

Why are you assuming Burnt is an eliminator iff Kyne is an eliminator? They could be on two different sides of the law, so to speak.

Another thing - why are you assuming that if you're part of the eliminator team, you (I'm referring to you as an individual) won't kill Kyne? Kynedath's plate would just vanish from the game.

More to come later perhaps.

Why are you assuming Burnt is an eliminator iff Kyne is an eliminator? They could be on two different sides of the law, so to speak.

Another thing - why are you assuming that if you're part of the eliminator team, you (I'm referring to you as an individual) won't kill Kyne? Kynedath's plate would just vanish from the game.

If Kyne is an eliminator, that would make 2 inactives on the eliminator team and both were inactive (though Kas had just barely gone inactive) when Burnt's alignment was rerolled. Maill would practically have to make her an eliminator to balance out the two inactives. If Kyne is not an eliminator, Burnt is less likely to be an eliminator.

Yes, Kyne's Plate would vanish from the game, but he's not a good target to kill for strategic purposes. Hence, I would not attack him if I were evil. If you want to know more about that, ask me in the PM.

And I'm back.  While I have been mostly keeping up with the game QF15 took most of my time so it's only been a cursory glance really.

At moment I'm working my way through Day Seven so should be all caught up soon but I'm just posting here to give a belated Congratulations to Macen for his Wedding.  I hope you and Mrs. Macen have many years of happiness together.

Day 8:

Mayelek had stopped using his Sharblade after he and Kenara had been so wrong about Itachi. He wandered the streets trying to catch the killer. Itatchi had seen one of them when he had been walking at night, so maybe Mayelek could find one too. He kept his Shardblade unsummoned, but was ready to start counting heartbeats if anyone jumped him.

Footsteps sounded behind Mayelek as he walked down an alley. One. Two. Three. Mayelek began summoning his Blade before he even turned around. Within seconds, it appeared in his hand and it illuminated the alley just enough for Mayelek to see a hooded figure. “So, you’ve come for me now.” The shadow nodded. “You’ll have to work for this one.”

Mayelek jumped at the stranger, swinging quickly, adopting Flamestance as the attacker had only a pair of long knives. They darted around his Blade, dodging quicker than most people would be able to. Mayelek maneuvered around and managed to slash a quick cut on his attacker’s leg. They fell, but purposely fell in towards Mayelek, inside the reach of his Blade and scored two sharp jabs under his ribs. Mayelek gasped, but attempted another swing as the Ghostblood stood up.

Mayelek swung his Blade in a perfect arc at the Ghostblood’s neck, but as he swung, he staggered and fell forward, Blade clattering to the ground. The heavy tip of a Grandbow’s arrow protruded from his chest. The Ghostblood dashed away as Mayelek’s vision collapsed.

Mark was attacked by the Ghostbloods and killed by a Grandbow! He was a Noble Artifabrian with a Shardblade, Emotion Bracelet, and destroyed Shardplate.

Stink shot Mark with his Grandbow.

Edited by Mailliw73

Well that's interesting. It seems the eliminator got action blocked, so the kill couldn't even be attempted. This could be good news. Who did it?

Or, the Eliminators are really tricky and didn't put a kill order in because they wanted us to think that. But that seems too tricky for such a late time in the game.

Stink, I want to hear your reasoning for killing Mark. I've been suspicious of him before, but I want to see your reasoning.