Eh, at least for me it's more of a "I was messing round for ages and have an exam in like 3 days so I'm gonna revise loads and not play SE" (also why I ohaven' signed up to any new games).

Dunno about others though.

Sorry for not voting during the day. I had some real life things come up and I by the time those things cleared up, I did not have any connection to the internet ( due to being in the mountains).

Oooh, which mountains (if you don't mind me asking)?

EDIT: Game stuff

It's night time? :P

There aren't 5/6 eliminators anymore, though. Because two have died. So at most we have four eliminators left, out of 12. Which is still an uncomfortably close margin, but it's not like a we're-going-to-lose-tonight-if-we-don't-catch-one kind of thing. Unless both Shardblade wielders kill innocents and someone uses a Grandbow. And none of the four people have protection. And there are four eliminators left, and Kas isn't one of them. That's the only way the game could end tonight.

That said, it is getting close. If we don't catch an eliminator soon, the game could end tomorrow or the following morning (game-time). Which is fun.

I did mean 5/6 eliminators and then we'd lost two, but yeah, you raise a good point.  I think I might have been a bit too urgent about it, oh well.

Edited by AliasSheep

Hate to be the second post in a row but - getting married in like 23 hours so... I won't be on until Sunday night....

Sorry guys!

Congratulations!  Don't let... water fall on you?

Yes, that's it.

Edited by AliasSheep

Day 7: Felled Thief

Allë ran. Step. Step. Step. She leaped from rooftop to rooftop, glad that the rooftops were small here. Even if she missed one, she wouldn’t fall far. She had the Stormfather to thank for that. His highstorms prevented the buildings from being very tall.

Feet padding swiftly and silently across a roof, she thought. She was so close. So close to her goal. Four more fabrials and she’d have achieved the notoriety in the underground of becoming a master thief. Montnog had failed early. He hadn’t made it past three. She was two steps further. Then some fool with a Grandbow had shot him one night.

Reaching the roof of her night’s target, Tintallë crouched low. She prepared for the jump to the ground. When she jumped, she landed, waiting a moment. The jump was her most conspicuous moment. Hearing nothing, seeing nothing, Tintalë dashed to the door and managed to break the lock. She snuck in, grabbed the fabrial, and ducked out faster than anyone on Roshar could figure out how to pronounce her name.

The fabrial in hand, she scampered back up to the roof. Three to go. She was almost there.

Tintallë jumped across the gap between the roof of her target and the next one over. As she soared, she was struck through the side and knocked off course. She landed between the two houses, sore and bruised.

She looked down at her side and saw a large arrow protruding from her side. Gasping, she reached to pull it out. Blacking out when her hand was only halfway there, she woke up moments later, worried for her life. Just like Montnog, she had been taken down while thieving.

Gritting her teeth, she grabbed the arrow and yanked it out. The pain caused her to gasp. She began sucking in air, feeling the blood gushing through her wound. She wouldn’t last long. She was done. She had almost become a master thief, but she had failed.

Elbereth was shot with a Grandbow! She was a Thief with a Spanreed, Pain Knife, Reverser, and Emotion Bracelet.

Someone else was attacked by the Ghostbloods, but did not die.

pur_1463367600.png

Edited by Mailliw73

Wilson. She claimed her giving away her Shardblade was redirected, but that's impossible since giving away items happens second in the Order of Operations before Soulcasting. The only thing that can interfere with giving away an item is theft, and Shardblades can't be stolen. Edited by Nyali

I'll wait to vote for Wilson until she's responded to the accusation. 

I will say this though- It seems unlikely that Kasimir, Lopen, Orlok, AND Wilson would all be eliminators together with one or two other people. It seems like many GMs try to mix up the Eliminators so that there's a good balance between highly experienced eliminators, moderate eliminators, and beginning eliminators. I could most definitely be wrong though. Mail could've been willing to get a more powerful group- but if there is, I would bet it's smaller.

So Kas had a spanreed. Did anyone have an open PM with him? Did anyone give it to him? If they didn't, there's a chance we might be able to "trust" people who started out with spanreeds. If there's only 4 spanreeds, and a fourth of the people are eliminators (5 or 6 of the 28), then it's likely they only had one of the 4 spanreeds.

Also, who was attacked? Who blocked the attack? That should be something we need to know.

So Kas had a spanreed. Did anyone have an open PM with him? Did anyone give it to him? If they didn't, there's a chance we might be able to "trust" people who started out with spanreeds. 

The fact that I was attacked and not Twei supports Wilson being Ghostblood. She knew I hadn't transferred the only Painrial we had access to the prior night for sure, and probably thought that I didn't move it last night either since I didn't talk about it in the group PM with her.

Also, she kept insisting that she "knew" Stink had to be a thief and we shouldn't trust him even though I had protected him successfully from a Ghostblood attack. She also argued that it could have been a WGG, especially since we were sure for a while DC was Ghostblood and DC knew I could and would defend Stink that turn. To be fair though, Wilson did too, but her insistence that Stink was a thief makes me think that if Wilson is Ghostblood, Stink is legit.

I had been sure earlier that she was Ghostblood, but I was also sure she and DC wouldn't both be Ghostblood, so when I realized DC blatantly lied to me repeatedly in ways that helped the Ghostbloods, I changed to fully trusting Wilson. That's why I gave her that Shardblade and why I was so upset to find out that DC was just trolling me.

Wilson also stopped trying to plan with us last night, which makes sense since she was planning to ignore the plan anyway. The only part we had told her was that she should give me her Shardblade so the Ghostblood Soulcasters couldn't redirect it. (Edit: she did give an out of game reason for lower activity, but the same had been true earlier and she still managed to do plenty of planning then)

EDIT: Anyone know if Wilson's Shardplate has regenerated yet from the attack a while back? I know this won't kill her, but we need to start attacking sometime... Taking three lynches to kill someone is really a lot.

EDIT2: Oh, and here's how I currently feel about everyone:

Definitely Noble

Nyali

Twei

Mark

Extremely Likely Noble

Burnt

Stink

Very Likely Noble

Zas

Likely Noble

Kynedath

Macen

Unsure

Alvron

Sheep

Extremely Likely Ghostblood

Wilson

(Did I miss anyone?)

Edited by Nyali

Wow Wilson, I mean insisting that I'm a Thief for that long because I asked about Items? As I told Elbereth (who I suspected of doing it) and Wilson, the ultimate item for a Thief/Ghostblood early game was a Spanreed.

I mean, people were wanting PMs and would basically only have the one with the Spanreed Holder, so even if only a few people were like 'this is my item' which to them is a small thing, the Holder would end up with like 15 pieces of information about items. So if Elbereth didn't do that, then :P

And I never had a Spanreed :( Just me and my Grandbow.

Wilson. She claimed her giving away her Shardblade was redirected, but that's impossible since giving away items happens second in the Order of Operations before Soulcasting. The only thing that can interfere with giving away an item is theft, and Shardblades can't be stolen.

You're right. I gave the Blade, and my reason for doing so is because you made some comments during the day turn last time that really didn't sit well with me. I'll get to those in a bit here.

Also, she kept insisting that she "knew" Stink had to be a thief and we shouldn't trust him even though I had protected him successfully from a Ghostblood attack. She also argued that it could have been a WGG, especially since we were sure for a while DC was Ghostblood and DC knew I could and would defend Stink that turn. To be fair though, Wilson did too, but her insistence that Stink was a thief makes me think that if Wilson is Ghostblood, Stink is legit.

I never said I knew Stink was the thief. I said he was the only one who knew for certain that I had an Emotion Bracelet, that I couldn't trust wasn't the thief. There's a big difference between the two. One requires certainty which I did not have. The other was evidence that was indicated that he was the thief. I didn't tell El that I had a Bracelet. She knew I had another Tier 2 item, but there's no way she could've known if it was an Alerter or a Bracelet, and I really didn't think a thief would take the chance of attempting to rob someone who could well have an Alerter and not the item they're trying to take. That seemed just a little foolhardy.

Wilson also stopped trying to plan with us last night, which makes sense since she was planning to ignore the plan anyway. The only part we had told her was that she should give me her Shardblade so the Ghostblood Soulcasters couldn't redirect it. (Edit: she did give an out of game reason for lower activity, but the same had been true earlier and she still managed to do plenty of planning then)

I'm sorry. I had my first ever panic attack on Thursday afternoon and I learned that the after-effects stick around for an extra day. I was also dealing with the causes of said panic attack. Yes, I was more active the previous night. The previous night was also 24 hours longer, and while I had a bit of real life stuff going on, it wasn't to the degree of what's happened the last 48 hours. And I'm not apologizing for putting real life ahead of the game and not planning with you last night. I was barely even on the site during the night or the last half of the day.

Wow Wilson, I mean insisting that I'm a Thief for that long because I asked about Items? As I told Elbereth (who I suspected of doing it) and Wilson, the ultimate item for a Thief/Ghostblood early game was a Spanreed.

It wasn't because you were asking about items. It was because I wasn't sure of your aligment, but I'd just told you exactly what I had. The only other people who knew that were people I knew weren't the thief due to having other roles or essentially proving that they were highly unlikely to be neutral. You didn't have that guarantee. And that night, my bracelet got stolen. 

Now. Why didn't I pass the Blade to Nyali? This post, coupled with her explanation of how she plays when evil. She likes to make it logically impractical for her to be considered evil. The fact that she replied to Kyne immediately after he posts saying that he's not really paying attention to the game, and he doesn't know who to suspect or anything like that (and basically says that he's not going to pay further attention because it's too far in) seemed like a way to further showcase how useful she's been to everyone. Had it been someone else saying it, it wouldn't have triggered anything. But coming from her? Not so much.

Furthermore, there were her comments about Burnt. Burnt wasn't cleared. Burnt had made actions that showed that the person who made those actions was highly likely to be cleared, but those actions had not yet been connected with Burnt herself until later. After she was rerolled. So Nyali seemed to be making such a big deal about Maill potentially changing the alignment of someone right when we cleared them. He didn't. He potentially changed the alignment when we could've mostly cleared them. And what was he supposed to do there? Kill her permanently? That's hardly fair for her. Keep her as a GM-confirmed Noble and watch a LG4 happen as everyone rallied around her and she controlled the rest of the game since had a Grandbow and could exact "justice" on anyone who didn't want to follow along with a dictator? I think not. He had to reroll her and he had to make it an even chance for her to be either alignment. But you're the only one who'd been insistent that she must be Noble still. Why? I started wondering if maybe it was because she trusted you and you had such a good in now for information.

Lastly, your "logic" about who must've performed the kill on Seonid. You missed two people. Yourself and Burnt. Either of you could've also done it. No one pain knifed you. No one used an EB on you. You have 3 action periods and you could've used one of them for the kill. Just like me, Macen, and El.

Now, why didn't I say any of this during the day? I didn't even see the latter half of the day posts until I got home that night after the rollover. I'd been with a couple friends and they were talking me through the last bits of the panic attack I'd had. I also happened to be out of internet range, and I honestly didn't care about the game at that point in time. I didn't trust you, and I was worried that if I gave you the Blade and you were a GB, you'd be free and clear to go on the spree you'd held back from earlier while you were gaining our trust. I couldn't use my Spanreed to start a new PM with Mark and Twei, because I'd been under the impression that if I used my T1A action to pass the Blade, it could be stolen--something that I'd mentioned the previous night. And since I was either at work or asleep for most of the night turn, I didn't have the time or the inclination to keep up with multiple PMs.

I was pretty sure you or Burnt was a Ghostblood, and while I was obviously wrong about you due to your being attacked, I'm still not inclined to think I was wrong about Burnt. She probably is.

So why did I pass the Blade to the person I passed it to? The only two people who could take it were people I wasn't sure could be trusted with it. That meant someone outside of the trust group. Out of those people, Zas struck me as the one most likely to be Noble, due to something El called my attention to in the very early stages of the game (this was actually the reason she trusted Zas the most). So I passed it to him, and said what I did in the PM to see how you and/or Burnt would react. If either of you were a GB, you'd know that you didn't use a Soulcaster on me, and I was pretty sure your reaction would be telling in that regard. Unfortunately, I didn't count on making a mistake with the order of actions, so the reactions didn't actually tell me anything (though Burnt's quick jump to immediately distrusting Zas was interesting. Even if the GB's had actually redirected me, why in the world would they actually have me give the Blade to one of their own when they'd know that I would know who the Blade went to? That makes no sense).

I was going to vote for you Nyali, but knowing that you were the one attacked removes that paranoia about you. Instead, I'm voting Burnt.

Ah no, now I'm confused. I get the bit about thinking me a Thief though :P Would've been a cool role :( 

But like, if we follow Wilson and Burnt turns out to be Inno, is that game over?

If we follow Nyali and lynch Wilson, is that game over?

Is this the critical point?

I dunno, this ain't QFPolitics where I was like a super-pro (for me). I just shoot people. And think it's time that all info goes to the public. I mean, the GB's probably know it by now, as they probably have a guy that can see items (if they haven't already died, sorry about me memory).

Sorry to hear about the panic attack :( I have an anxiety disorder and totally understand how debilitating those can be.

My statements and vote still stand. You've been acting super fishy for a while, and the only reason I didn't distrust you more earlier was because of DC. I'll be super surprised if you turn out to be a Noble and you think I'm sketchy still despite me catching Lopen, successfully protecting someone from the Ghostbloods, being attacked by the Ghostbloods again, and giving you a Shardblade.

Any one of even two of those things, sure. I freely admit I'd try to pull them off add an eliminator. But that many? I'd be the worst eliminator ever to help the Town that much.

Edit: and to say it to you again since you seem to have missed it the first time, Maill did nothing wrong and I never said he did. He did the exact right thing in that situation. Mistakes happen. I said I cleared Burnt before I realized she had been rerolled. I'm annoyed by the situation, but I'm not annoyed at anyone about it.

Edited by Nyali

My statements and vote still stand. You've been acting super fishy for a while, and the only reason I didn't distrust you more earlier was because of DC. I'll be super surprised if you turn out to be a Noble and you think I'm sketchy still despite me catching Lopen, successfully protecting someone from the Ghostbloods, being attacked by the Ghostbloods again, and giving you a Shardblade.

Any one of even two of those things, sure. I freely admit I'd try to pull them off add an eliminator. But that many? I'd be the worst eliminator ever to help the Town that much.

Whoa now. You must've missed when I said that this attack that just got blocked cleared my paranoia on you. I completely agree that that takes things a step too far and that yes, you're basically completely cleared now. My post was about why I didn't trust you last night, hence the Blade not going to you. I didn't know about the attack so to judge me now based on my thoughts then is irrelevant. The attack changes things, but it hadn't happened. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough. My explanations were based on why I did what I did how I did. That is all. But do I still think that way? No. Should I have passed you the Blade? Yes. Was my paranoia unfounded? Yes. Does the unfoundedness of that paranoia make it any less relevant to the discussion right now? No.

That is what I was trying to convey.